Crazy Mods...

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Crazy Mods...

Post by KrazeeXXL »

cleverwise wrote:So far I haven't see anything I like from Abrams.
Almost Human wasn't bad imo.

but we digress.

just started a new game as Klingons. I'm playing the BoP mod, since there are fewer buildings to upgrade. And the Defiant is cloaked by default ^^ (or had a refit or whatever)

The star density is pretty insane, tho. Playing the smallest galaxy setting on the large version. (it's a bit bigger than the largest galaxy setting @vanilla).

The Chalnoth are right next to me and already offered me a friendship treaty. And I've seen a bajoran ship on the left which has left again. I'm upgrading propulsion atm to make contact soon. Wanna have that +1 Moral from the Jalanda Forum asap. ;D

A pretty good start imo. Could've been way worse ^^
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Sounds like a good solid start. One of the many reasons I really like the Ultimate Mod is not having to upgrade structures. It is done automatically. Another great thing about BotF is the infinite game play. No two games are quite the same and many are miles apart.

I have been tempted to try Star Wars Empire At War. Yup off topic but it is kind of like BotF and Command and Conquer merged together for the Star War universe. Although everything is real time.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

cleverwise wrote: Another great thing about BotF is the infinite game play. No two games are quite the same and many are miles apart.
yup, that's what pretty much makes BotF the game great game it is. Every game is a different story.
cleverwise wrote: I have been tempted to try Star Wars Empire At War. Yup off topic but it is kind of like BotF and Command and Conquer merged together for the Star War universe. Although everything is real time.
great game. but I despise the ground battles. ;)
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

KrazeeXXL wrote:Every game is a different story.
Yeah it really is. The game is very cool that way. :grin:
KrazeeXXL wrote:great game. but I despise the ground battles. ;)
Do you prefer Empire or Rebels?

Jeremy
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

BotF crashed btw. Not sure what happened there. Clicked somewhere - and the sound of the click kept playing. Guess, it's better to turn it off altogether anyway. But that dampened my mood somehow...
cleverwise wrote:
In this game? hard to say. Tbh, I can't really remember the Empire story arc. For some reason I only really wanted to play Rebels back then.

What really excelled in this game imo, was the expansion and the third faction which came into play.

In Vanilla, the Rebels were quite fun. I liked that you start with pretty much nothing. It was quite challenging. The story was nice, too. At first you free the X-wing pilots, so you can get those ships and so on.

I'm installing the game atm. guess, this time it'll be Empire.

Die you filthy rebel scum! ;)

Gotta love the Star Wars games. They often excel in quality, too.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

KrazeeXXL wrote:BotF crashed btw. Not sure what happened there. Clicked somewhere - and the sound of the click kept playing. Guess, it's better to turn it off altogether anyway. But that dampened my mood somehow...
cleverwise wrote:
In this game? hard to say. Tbh, I can't really remember the Empire story arc. For some reason I only really wanted to play Rebels back then.

What really excelled in this game imo, was the expansion and the third faction which came into play.

In Vanilla, the Rebels were quite fun. I liked that you start with pretty much nothing. It was quite challenging. The story was nice, too. At first you free the X-wing pilots, so you can get those ships and so on.

I'm installing the game atm. guess, this time it'll be Empire.

Die you filthy rebel scum! ;)

Gotta love the Star Wars games. They often excel in quality, too.
I have watched a complete Vanilla Let's Play on Empire At War (SuperVaderMan) with both sides being played. I do think the Empire campaign is less interesting than the Rebels. Plus it is much harder when playing the Rebels (at least from what I saw). I do know the expansion pack adds a lot to the game. Plus there are many interesting Mods for Empire At War.

I agree there are some very cool Star Wars games. At my heart I am still far more of a Trekkie but I have seen and played many well done SW games over the years. I have to say from a first person universe POV nothing and I mean nothing beats Star War Galaxies. That game was so ahead of its time and the best MMO ever! I mean what other game could you get a house and custom design it anyway you wanted, not to mention all the other aspects. To bad there is no game like that for the Star Trek Universe (well non Abrams one).

Jeremy
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

cleverwise wrote:
well, to be frank. The new movies didn't exactly boost my interest when it comes to the franchise. The opposite happened -.-
vs Trek which is more about playing with scientific concepts and theories along with throwing in some moral issues.
I thought Star Trek is all about reversing some polarity and ... problem fixed :razz: !

Return to “General Chat”