turn changes in botf

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

pal28
Commander
Commander

turn changes in botf

Post by pal28 »

Hello there found the main cause of slow turns its actually when you build ertain amount of ships on the game try looking into that 1 or when you colonise the systems try researching that one see how it goes BOTF 2 bettter have more speed in turn changing let me know what you think
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Re: turn changes in botf

Post by cleverwise »

Ah. Periods would help. :)
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

cleverwise wrote:Ah. Periods would help. :)

LOL. Indeed. Punctuation is everyone's friend. ;)

I hate to tell you, pal, but that was already pretty well known. The modders can't really do anything more (about the turn slowdown caused by the number of ships/colonies) unless/until the source code were to be released.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

can any of you spread this word to the coders this might be the code for the turn change 446172 try looking into that 1 hope they see this can anyone have a go and see what happens? and let me know here
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
Raider Echo3
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Raider Echo3 »

This community has tried to grt the code many years ago. You can search the forum history for an admin/user named Jenny or similar from armadafleetcommand - as far as I remembered. They tried it real hard! In the end the coders were wandered away to unknown destinies (after all they had to earn money for living). I think they chatted with one former coder and this guy said no chance at all to get informations. So many years after the game release it is nearly impossible to remember the details. The companies which owned the source code (for a while) where not owners any more or did not respond or so...

That is as far as I remembered. They tried real hard, believe me.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Thanks for validating that cause pal28! Ship count is known to be related to turn slowdown for many years but you can't validate it often enough. :D
It is sad the source is not available, but it doesn't mean things can't be changed. What we'd need to figure is what subroutine is responsible for ship movements or planning or whatever it is, analyse what it does and then replace it by an own implementation.
It is quite some work but eventually it will get done one day even without the code.

Return to “General Chat”