JJ Abrams' videos closer to TOS than any other Trek

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

cleverwise
Captain
Captain

JJ Abrams' videos closer to TOS than any other Trek

Post by cleverwise »

First I want to say I dislike the first JJ Abrams Trek movie so much I refused to watch the second and to this day I haven't seen it.

However I have to admit with some resistance and dislike that JJ Abrams and crew is a lot closer to TOS than anything that appeared like TNG. So am I ready to embrace the JJ Abrams reboot?

I honestly don't know but having watched the following video's evidence there are many good solid points that it is TOS round two. This does lead me to not being quite as concerned about the upcoming series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQhMdEXmMI

So my thoughts about Abrams has soften some; not all the way yet but some.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: JJ Abrams' videos closer to TOS than any other Trek

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I had a great read about SW E1: The Phantom Menace a couple of days ago. It was so amazing and groundbreaking. It was like "I'am your father" in Revenge of the Sith. So, I decided to watch SW E VII on December 17th.

JJ Abrams always said to be a SW fan. And honestly, if they go that way that I think they could go (when George Lucas didn't rewrite everything after TPM) then it could be something to make movie history. Would you have asked me a week ago about the new SW movie, I would've answered you that I'm definitely not going to watch it in the cinema.

~~~

I haven't watched the link you provided. Against a "TOS round two" speaks that they definitely would have to use the same actors for a series. At least in my book. Series and Movies are different. Perhaps it would work to use movie actors to create a new series. It'd be something completely new which wasn't there but it'd be cool for sure. But if it'd be possible is another question. I think esp. Zoe Saldana and Karl Urban may have something else to do than doing a ST series for the next 5 years. Urban went into a series with Almost Human, though, so he may want to do it. Zaldana owns pretty much her entire career to JJ's reboot, so it might be an opportunity for her as well.

I'd be kinda glad to see the new series happening in this JJ-timeline. Just for the fact that they wouldn't screw up the original timeline lol ;)
pal28
Commander
Commander

Re: JJ Abrams' videos closer to TOS than any other Trek

Post by pal28 »

Im backkkkkkkk You defitnaly need to watch the 2nd 1 much improved since the 1st cant wait for the other 3 trek films that are coming out
When will we have another Enterprise-E?

Return to “General Chat”