Posts getting deleted?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Posts getting deleted?

Post by Martok »

I only just now noticed this, but I see that my "rank" went from Rear Admiral back down to Commodore...and that my post count is now only 996 (well, 997 now).

Now I know I had over 1000 posts not that long ago, so where did they go? Do your older posts automatically get deleted once they reach a certain age or something? Just a little puzzled as to what happened. :???:
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Posts getting deleted?

Post by thunderchero »

Martok wrote:I only just now noticed this, but I see that my "rank" went from Rear Admiral back down to Commodore...and that my post count is now only 996 (well, 997 now).
only 3 more posts and you will be back to Rear Admiral, :wink:

yes, some post were deleted awhile ago. the old star trek quiz topic was deleted due to all the broken image links from imageshack.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

lol@imageshack. I'm surprised that this still exists. I stopped using it many years ago due to its terribad and unflexible UI.
So, they replaced everything with ads in the meantime? What a move to kill their business. I'm glad you banned it from afc and deleted the ads here, tc.

*just logged in there again after I don't know how long and deleted everything. That'll show them. :P
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

I, too, noticed my post count had dropped. I just thought they entered into some kind of parallel dimension where I had a higher count. ;-)
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

thunderchero wrote: yes, some post were deleted awhile ago. the old star trek quiz topic was deleted due to all the broken image links from imageshack.

thunderchero

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up, tc. :)

KrazeeXXL wrote:lol@imageshack. I'm surprised that this still exists. I stopped using it many years ago due to its terribad and unflexible UI.
So, they replaced everything with ads in the meantime? What a move to kill their business. I'm glad you banned it from afc and deleted the ads here, tc.

*just logged in there again after I don't know how long and deleted everything. That'll show them. :P

Yeah, Imageshack has definitely gone downhill. I have to wonder if they'll be around much longer.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Martok wrote: Yeah, Imageshack has definitely gone downhill. I have to wonder if they'll be around much longer.
The new UI looked a bit better compared to the last time I used it which should be 4 years ago. However, this site doesn't have a right to exist when there are better and free alternatives which don't replace pics with ads. I mean, it's the only purpose for this site to display pictures and it fails to do so :mrgreen:

Nobody needs this.

Return to “General Chat”