Folllow Us on Facebook

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

pal28
Commander
Commander

Folllow Us on Facebook

Post by pal28 »

Hi this is me on facebook like me as Hugh Borg hope i dont get deleted like my new account ill give you the link for Jeri and patricks facebook pages aswell all official i am the Hugh borg im known as Jonathon in star trek on google wiki

https://www.facebook.com/HughBorg-94543 ... cation=ufi

https://www.facebook.com/JeriRyanOfficial/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/patrickstewart/?fref=ts
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Folllow Us on Facebook

Post by KrazeeXXL »

yea thanks, but no thanks :razz:

I'm glad I got rid of facebook completely.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

What? Then how do you see things you don't really care about?
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

LOL! Yep, that's my feeling about FB as well. :lol:
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

cleverwise wrote:What? Then how do you see things you don't really care about?
exactly this. most awful thing is seeing all these reposts and dead memes which ultimately found their way after a couple of years to my "friends". God, it's so awful.

Had my account deactivated for 1.5 years and at some time last year I checked in for shits 'n giggles and wanted to kill myself as I saw all of this shit. I thought: "why didn't you just delete your damn account back then? You had reasons to go - damned idiot."

My brief check-in however was the confirmation to terminate my account in its entirety. Forever. At least that's what I like to think. But I guess my data is stored there forever. God, I hate facebook. Have you read about the "facebook-net" they wanted to establish in 3rd world countries? (several countries in Africa and India). They wanted to give people free access and devices but ultimately make them prone to just use this facebook-net and nothing else. Quasi a constricted bubble within the internet with no way to the actual internet and no freedom comparable as the internet itself provides. Just what facebook gives you. That's even worse than Skynet. I'm glad the responsible people - in I think all of these countries - realized this and banned it.

Can't wait to see the day when this company finally goes down the drain. Worst message last year was that they bought Oculus. That's why I'm glad that Valve also jumped on the VR-bandwagon. From the specs Vive is quite superior as well. (motion trackers)

Praise GabeN
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I'd be happy to follow if I had an account. But I already deleted it years back and never used it much anyway.

But as much I dislike this property-grubbing company that you own all your data and images you ever post, I'm sure their "free" net offer would have been of great help to many that otherwise lag the money to access the web and contact each other and have a seperate source for information.
But it's not much of a suprise that for same reason it was banned. It's not just that they collect data, they also spread it and governments have more fear on it than any privacy group on data collection.

The best you can do with these property-grubbing sites probably is to spam them with as much useless data you can.
Would have been a great bubble for the user count when whole india joined. :)
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

The reason you don't delete it is so that nobody can register it in your name and slander you.
People can do searches on your name, look for your facebook account, and draw conclusions.
Reserving it prevents that.

On the other hand, I never bothered to create one, nor a twitter account. I probably should, maybe it would help me get a job since they can't find my online fingerprint. Only my linkedin account that I was pressured into making.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Haven't thought about preserving it for these reasons. Good point.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

the problem with this is there exist a dozen accounts with my name anyway :P
I rather point ppl at my online presence directly

but yeah, I already read some companies reject applicants for not having a facebook account "since how could they know if someone is trustworthy then"
on the other hand exactly these are the companies I have absolutely no interest to work with
they have no right to screen my privacy and I am happy to talk if they're up for a talk
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I think this may vary from country to country. Europe seems to be a bit more sensitive when it comes to privacy. I know quite some people who never joined any social media services. And I doubt that they've to live with any repercussions because of that.

Nevertheless, social media is changing societies steadily. It got a huge boom and still booms and I can't tell how it'll develop in the next decades.

It's okish as an asset and could help societies and political movements. And while it's full of possibilities, there are pretty much endless ways to abuse it. That's why I fear it.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

agreed, but considering the history no system is perfect
and no company either

I wonder if we'd make it a vote what companies have the worst reputation :D

Return to “General Chat”