"THE ORVILLE" Check this out.

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

eber3
Captain
Captain

"THE ORVILLE" Check this out.

Post by eber3 »

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8aUuFs ... 5221502310[/BBvideo]

Yes this is a parody of Star Trek, and yes it's pretty much copying "Galaxy Quest"...... but it still seems more like Star Trek than Discovery does.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: "THE ORVILLE" Check this out.

Post by KrazeeXXL »

haha, looks fun. :) Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward watching this.
eber3 wrote: but it still seems more like Star Trek than Discovery does.
ah well, lets just watch Discovery without having bad feelings about it beforehand. From all I've seen, you may be right. I'd say just to give them a chance. If the new series blows it'll be gone over night. There are tons of high quality series out there right now. The competition is hard and some B-Level stuff isn't going to cut it. A lot of people in the industry know this.

Another thing to remember is, that most of the ST series were about to be cancelled at some time. They began to bloom after a couple of seasons. Consistent quality is kinda hard for such series. Esp. in the time of the internet were everyone is a critic and critizism hits hard and almost instantly.

So yea, lets stay optimistic.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

KrazeeXXL wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 12:33 pm ah well, lets just watch Discovery without having bad feelings about it beforehand.
I can't even do that since they won't let people here in the US even watch it unless we pay for CBS's streaming service. I'll have to wait a year or longer until it's on dvd before I can watch it. No way am I going to pay to watch it on a worthless streaming service when it should be on tv.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Haha. Yeah, I saw the trailer for The Oroville back on Wednesday. I'm not always a fan of Seth McFarland, but this does look pretty good (and he's well known for being a huge Trek geek).
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Yea, the battle of the streaming services is annoying atm. It's a battle to get customers and I wouldn't become one just because of one series. I'm staying with Prime as I order goods there regularly and like their offers. You can buy episodes of Game of Thrones and other series there, too. And I don't doubt to get ST:D there too, at some time. Perhaps not instantly but at least a couple of months later. Amazon is growing because they don't rely on streaming only. That's their big strength. And that's why they will prevail. (They can cover their fixed costs easily with their other services which streaming-only services can't). Streaming services will come and go. They're just not flexible enough. (TV channels may stay though ;) )
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ox7IMmSs9Q[/BBvideo]

Different trailer. Still looks awesome!
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

That was less of a comedy than I thought it would be, yet still had some funny chuckles. I loved the scene with the dog licking his balls in the background, although I'd not have had the guys at helm point it out, might have been funnier to just play that straight. The effects and the sets were great, as was the alien makeup. They really got the Star Trek feel to the show. I'm looking forward to more.

Return to “General Chat”