Largest System Population

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Largest System Population

Post by thunderchero »

Korth wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:23 am Is the maximum *theoretical* system size in unmodded Vanilla = 980 population? I've never seen anything larger than 625 (or maybe 640?) firsthand, and even that is extremely rare.
theoretically yes, but but galaxy generation would stop placing planets way before that.

max pop limit is 400 (un-modded) so if system had 390 and it placed final system of 120 it would = max of 510 but then during game you could have a planet shift to improve population even more. :wink:

pop & planets limits for free- minor- & starting-systems
Korth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Korth »

Relying on positive planet shifts to randomly improve your infrastructure seems a little iffy, lol.

If the upper pop cap is 400 ... 395 is the maximum possible before adding another planet, and 140 is the best possible planet ... 395+140 = 535. So why are there (extremely rarely) any systems at all with 540+ on the map?
[/Korth]
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

it has a few more values in play than that, :wink:

min population, this depends on if it is a Free Systems (80 pop), Minor Race Systems (130 pop), Additional Major Empire Starting Systems (130 pop)
min planets I think it is a min of 3 or 4 planets?
max planets 7 planets
max population 400 population (all system types)

so lets say it is min of 4 planets 140 + 140 + 140 + 140 = max of 560 we should see without planet shift.

but don't trust my math lol
mullet
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by mullet »

From some other threads on here I've read on this subject: the absolute game limit is nine planets per system. Highest possible single planet population with all given bonuses is 240.

This would would make 2160 the absolute highest possible system population, but, as, previously mentioned: the seeding system wouldn't allow it to happen in randomly generated systems. You would have to make it happen with the editor.

Return to “General Chat”