It's time for something new! - Endless Space 2

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

It's time for something new! - Endless Space 2

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Good news everybody!

Endless Space 2 is free to play this weekend! It's the game I wholeheartedly want to suggest to you to try out. It's also 50% off at the moment which is a rare occurancy in my book when it comes to this game.

It became my favourite even before it left Early Access half a year or so ago. Yesterday, we got the Galactic Statecraft Upgrade which enhances Diplomacy. Diplomacy was a bit of the weakest points of the game yet. I can't wait to try out the new options. :grin:

As for what's new, too: Pirate Lairs. In my latest game I set minor difficulty to "hard" and got "rewarded" with a pirate lair popping up on my system of interest. :D

This is going to be such a tough game. Pirates in the beginning will make me focus on military. I'm playing Sophons which are already hard to play. They're science focussed and now I have to see that I don't play around much and get a good fleet going fast to shut down that damn Pirate Lair!

The awesome thing about this game are options for many situations. That's why I have to smile when I see some of the questions of new players every now and then: what's the best build order in the beginning, etc.? Reminds me of should I go the Great Library route and get Petra by turn xyz.

There's really none route. I have to adapt like the BORG to every situation, to my position and to my ressources. And the even nice thing is that the game lets me adapt.

This game is well polished now. And the most important thing is that the devs really care about it. Whenever I encountered a bug, I always got answer from a dev. New AMD driver messing things up? Took them a couple of days at best to fix a shader related issue where I had to wait weeks with other games.

I could write much more. Since it's free this weekend, you should really check it out. I haven't regretted buying that game. And I regret buying lots of games this year.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: It's time for something new! - Endless Space 2

Post by Martok »

Yeah, I noticed that ES2 was both on sale, and that's it free to play this weekend. I think this is a great move on Amplitude's part.

I've already played it a bit last night (downloaded the free version), and am planning to spend some more time with it today and tomorrow. Have enjoyed the little time I've spent with it so far.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Hi Martok,

I'm glad you enjoyed it so far. By the way, they extented the free weekend for another day. I'm looking forward to the new content we unlocked this weekend. This should come with the next patch/upgrade.

This was a nicely planned little event which was quite successful. This makes me really happy. :up:
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I ended up purchasing the game. I still haven't spend as much time with it as I'd like yet, but for just $19.99, I couldn't pass it up. :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Cool! Yea, only 19.99 is definitely a steal. Quite a bit cheaper than BotF as it came out ;)

At some time, we could play a friendly mp game if you're interested. My steam handle is Krazee or KrazeeXXL.

Return to “General Chat”