Race bonus factors?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Race bonus factors?

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

after all the questions how this info would be used, I decided to reformat question.

So lets start over, this question is about the cannon star trek universe.

biotech,
of the 5 races, what race would best at biotech, what race would be worst.
now of the 3 remaining, what race would best at biotech, what race would be worst.
that would put final race in middle.

my list for biotech would be (best to worst)
Cardassian
Ferengi
Fedreation
Romulan
Klingons

If members have time to do this for all tech types, it would be helpful to me for my spreadsheet.
Biotech, Computer, Construction, Energy, Propulsion, Weapons

original post
I was hoping to get everyone's thoughts on Race bonus factors for my spreadsheet. these values will effect all ship stats.

Race bonus factors are based on the tech level 10, example;
Note: values min 8.0, max 10.5

Cardassians; Biotech 8.5, Computer 9, Construction 10.5, Energy 8.5, Propulsion 9.0, Weapons 9.0
Federation; Biotech 8.5, Computer 9.5, Construction 9.0, Energy 9.0, Propulsion 10.0, Weapons 9.5
Ferengi; Biotech 9.5, Computer 9, Construction 9.2, Energy 8.8, Propulsion 9.0, Weapons 9.3
Klingons; Biotech 8.5, Computer 9, Construction 9.0, Energy 9.2, Propulsion 8.5, Weapons 10.0
Romulans; Biotech 8.8, Computer 9.5, Construction 8.2, Energy 9.5, Propulsion 9.0, Weapons 9.0
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Race bonus factors?

Post by Martok »

To clarify, these numbers affect what each empire's bonus is to research in each of those areas?
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Martok wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:57 pm To clarify, these numbers affect what each empire's bonus is to research in each of those areas?
These values are use to calculate various ship stats on my spreadsheet only.

just as few examples,
races with better energy tech rating would have better shields
races with better construction tech rating would have better hulls
races with better computers tech rating would have better ship defense
races with better Propulsion tech rating would have better Agility

These examples is only one stat they will effect

all values changes would only be slight, but enough to make every ship/race unique.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

Without explaining what the numbers are fully, as well as what the bonus factor is used for, it will be difficult to comment on them.
Since they aren't part of the vanilla game, we don't know anything about them.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

slickrcbd wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:00 am Without explaining what the numbers are fully, as well as what the bonus factor is used for, it will be difficult to comment on them.
Since they aren't part of the vanilla game, we don't know anything about them.
forget about the numbers, forget about what the bonus factor is used for.

So lets start over, this question is about the cannon star trek universe.

biotech,
of the 5 races what race would best at biotech, what race would be worst.
now of the 3 remaining what race would best at biotech, what race would be worst.
that would put final race in middle.

my list for biotech would be (best to worst)
Cardassian
Ferengi
Fedreation
Romulan
Klingons

If members have time to do this for all tech types, it would be helpful to me for my spreadsheet.
Biotech, Computer, Construction, Energy, Propulsion, Weapons
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Cardassian
Romulan
Federation
Klingons
Ferengi

Thinking of bio-tech, in the alternate universe I guess this would rather mean research in biological weapons, so I agree on the Cardassians.
They are further strictly organized utilizing the people and are focused on productivity while not caring for nature or peoples concerns so should be strong in basic farming too. Plus the elite of them has a taste for delicate food. I think Garak could as well be a cook.

The Romulans have high technological skill, but I think they regard food as a mandatory commitment to preserve control over the people. They ofc make use of technological advances but won't focus on food production but rather are interisted in other bio-tech utilization. Other than the Cardassians or the humans they however keep care to never get short on food to not even risk the starting of any insurgancy or rebellion.

The Federation on the other hand is focused on technological advances and automatization and therefore knows to utilize the climate, gene-edit the plants and tweak production and logistics. They however are not as efficient and organized as the Cardassians or Romulans but specially in the dark universe mostly care for the luxury of the elite.
Only in the utopic cannon star trek world one can think that they might really care for the peoples needs. That utopic case by their abilities they even surpass the Cardassians given with no existent money and duties left, food consumption becomes one of the primary activities they need to fulfill in any possible flavor. Such diversification however comes with a high cost of efficiency and productivity too, so I guess it doesn't even matter whether you look at the utopic cannon universe or the dark one.

The Klingons have a passion for food. Beside battle and honor, food takes the next most important role in their life.
They however miss both the talent and the sharpness of the senses to utilize climate and technological advances to tweak production.
If food ever gets short they don't care to fight a battle.

The Ferengi, well, despite Quark's little bar, or with the bar possibly being the best evidence, they really do hard to assign money and effort to such a negligible thing like food. They further miss the skill to advance on biologic technologies nor do they care on other peoples shortage.
Already the shape of their shrinked bodies tells on the many food shortages they went through.
Those who got hold on some ground will utilize it the best he can to drive money and they rather cultivate luxury they can trade for good money even to other species than to care on their own peoples starvation.
They make no good farmers either, miss the machinery, the farm animals and themselves are too weak for any hard work. They rather utilize other people and slavery for it.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

thanks for the effort Flocke, but I gave up on member input on this. user will just have to live with my decisions on stats or edit them after release, if mod gets released at all.

Return to “General Chat”