Picard is back in a new Trek series!!!

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Picard is back in a new Trek series!!!

Post by Martok »

The mere fact that the Picard series has included the destruction of the Romulan homeworlds (which originally only happened in the Jar-Jar timeline) has already diminished my enthusiasm for the show. Dang it.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

I just watched the TNG episode in which Wesley went on with the traveler, Journey's end was the episode's name (he's becoming transcendent-stuff u know :wink: ). So, I think it would be premature to think if Wesley ever was to be in starfleet anymore, so, do not worry, I think they are going to have some more media-sexy (Wil Wheaton is a little fat these days), captain that Picard orders to roam the galaxy while he sits comfortably in San Francisco :grin:

Yes, I agree 100 percent with Martok, I think it is a big mistake to destroy the romulan homeworlds, it is somewhat like a repetition of the Praxis explosion of klingons, only damage taken to 250% of the one before, maybe we will actually see this incident in the series, and if there is no more imagination in these new trek series, then I can guess that the next big disaster will be the destruction of the cardassian home system or something like that :twisted:
Last edited by Axis on Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

IMO I think that Michael Ironside could have been the best starship captain ever (he would never have given up the ship, NEVER), but I think it would have been a different kind of star trek too. It would have been about a carrier (like in U.S., or british, or french navy for example), a more militaristic approach to it.
Impress the Empress.
thebritwriter
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by thebritwriter »

The mention to the destruction of the romulan homeworld was unavoidable, that did happen in the prime universe before the whole time travel to a parallel universe. It would had caused more headaches if it "never happened" we don't need anymore variations in the existing timeline, personally I'll be happy with that if it meant there was some truth in picard's vision in TNG last episode about the klingons conquering the romulans.

Funnily enough wasn't Ironside captain of a undersea vessel in a TV show years ago, it confused me because i was sure there was another captain of it beforehand (roy scheider I think)
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Yes, I think you are correct, I think that all that happened in the series, like TOS, TNG, DS9 and VGR must be followed to some point (Kelvin timeline sometimes mixes this up), but I think that what happened in All good things, should be a part of this new series which includes picard, I hope he's an admiral.

And... I saw this series too, that one in which Michael Ironside was in, this was almost precisely the moment, when I thought he'd be a perfect military starship captain (and Starship Troopers too) :wink:
Sadly, he's becoming too old to be a captain of starfleet, I would have wanted to see more of his work, especially involving star trek.
Perhaps, we'll have another young captain who is dark and "not so much on the side of the good", I mean, Michael Ironside did do some parts of "evil" characters, like in this movie about Schwarzenegger going to mars and Starship Troopers, I think that this Starship Troopers part was somewhat of a military dad-figure played by him, he was so convincing in that, and he was not an agressive opponent, a villain, if you want
Last edited by Axis on Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impress the Empress.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

thebritwriter wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:32 am The mention to the destruction of the romulan homeworld was unavoidable, that did happen in the prime universe before the whole time travel to a parallel universe.

Please cite your source(es). Because in all 5 shows and all 10 movies, I cannot recall a single scene where there's a discussion of the Romulan homeworld(s) being destroyed. The only time that nonsense gets any mention is in the Abrams-verse.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Martok wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:26 pm Please cite your source(es). Because in all 5 shows and all 10 movies, I cannot recall a single scene where there's a discussion of the Romulan homeworld(s) being destroyed. The only time that nonsense gets any mention is in the Abrams-verse.
While it's true that the destruction of Romulus happened in the Jar Jar movie, they have always claimed that it happened in the Prime universe before going to the Jar Jar universe. Much like the beginning of "Generations" happened in the TOS era before jumping to the TNG era, The destruction of Romulus happened in the Prime universe before the movie went to the Jar Jar universe. That said, everything from those movies should be ignored IMO. But if my opinion mattered, they'd have never made those garbage movies or STD in the first place.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Fair enough. :)
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

What I thought was a mistake in these "jar jar"-movies, especially the first one, was that the romulans did not have foreheads at all, just tattoos. I mean, in the TOS universe, and the time period (60's), it can be justified, but when the TNG presented these V-foreheads on the romulans, it was almost hypnotic to watch them in the first place, I remember having some kind of nightmares after having watched some episode of TNG in the 80's (I was a child then). What I think is that, the V-forehead brings up more of the sexual appeal of the females, I mean, they are sexier than the average human seen (in the series (or otherwise)).
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

And... I think, there is room for another humor series about star trek, there is after all, the Star Wreck-series made in finland, made by the makers of Iron Sky (1 and 2btw). But, what I thought, there could be a little more elaborate parodies about star trek, like, when the medical readouts are read, there should be perspiration instead of respiration (as in 66's parody, they sweated a lot in the 60's series and movies), and Kirk's dog should be Gotler instead of Butler (Gotler is a sausage-brand in finland), there's two to start from.
Last edited by Axis on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impress the Empress.
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

I too don't recall any mention of the destruction of Romulus in the prime timeline.
The closest one gets is Picard's statement in TNG episode "All Good Things" when he states that " the Klingons have taken over the Romulan Empire"....(I'm still trying to work out how THAT happened)
One should treat the JJ Abrams universe as a temporal anomaly that's best ignored!!!!!

Regards
Geon
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Well, what and however will happen, I think they are going to stick in this prime timeline versus Kelvin timeline proposition of Romulus being destroyed, it is truly sad to see it, but I think they'll have something up their sleeve, just to keep the stories interesting. (At least I hope so).
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

And... in these humor series, there could be opening like : Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of warship enterprise, it's mission : to seek out fight at all times, to pick up fight for whatever the reason, to boldly destroy all opponents whenever possible. :grin:
Impress the Empress.
Cipher_F15
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Cipher_F15 »

And no matter what happens in these series, it's good to see "classic" SF come back (I guess we should thank the success of that other "star-something" space SF series)! I was noticing some king of slight loss of enthusiasm regarding this genre, although that may be because we're already living in a world that we'd have seen as science fiction not long ago (I mean, I recently read an article that explained "how the blockchain and distributed ledgers will transform the real estate market", so the real world, even in "boring" field such as economics, is already closer to SF than to what it was when we were kids)
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

2nd Official Comic Con Teaser:

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAHPVEC8Egk[/BBvideo]

Goosebumps and Nostalgia right here. I hope that it will continue throughout watching the series. This Trailer seriously gives me hope though. :up:
Last edited by captaindusk on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “General Chat”