Nostalgia... and ship movement bug

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Nostalgia... and ship movement bug

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

I recently used the (very nice!) shiny All-In-One Installer to launch a nostalgia trip to botf, revisiting some of my favorite mods. And sometime after Turn 50, my ships stopped moving from time to time. I *knew* this, back in the day, but nostalgia has a way of obscuring that kind of memory.

Do any mods actually fix this problem?

Thanks,

Ken
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Nostalgia... and ship movement bug

Post by thunderchero »

I have also experienced that bug in a few game lately, but ships have reversed direction when it happens.

To me this sounds like a saved game error, or possibly and intel tactic/attack. but I don't know of any fix or code location for this behavior
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Nostalgia... and ship movement bug

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,
thunderchero wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:34 pm I have also experienced that bug in a few game lately, but ships have reversed direction when it happens.

To me this sounds like a saved game error, or possibly and intel tactic/attack. but I don't know of any fix or code location for this behavior
Thanks for the quick response.

This is an old bug, and I remember that ships reversing direction also occurred, though less often. It is definitely not related to Intel attacks, since it happens before other factions have been met. It might be related to saves, but that would be ironic since I tend to save the game much more often because of this bug. Once I have many ships, recurrence of this bug makes a game onerous for me to play. So I was hoping there was a fix. Alas!

Anyway,

Ken

Return to “General Chat”