Mass Effect similarities to BotF

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Mass Effect similarities to BotF

Post by slickrcbd »

I haven't played the Mass Effect games because I don't enjoy action-rpgs or third person shooters much anymore compared to CRPGs or strategy games. My reflexes aren't what they used to.
However, I've been seeing a lot of crossover stories involving Mass Effect, and have some familiarity with the Citadel Races.

Something just struck me about the similarity of the Citadel Races and the way the various races in Birth of the Federation each have their own advantages and disadvantages. It's almost as if Bioware was thinking of making a parallel game similar to Birth of the Federation when they set things up.
In such a game I see things like this:
The Asari would parallel the Federation in that Diplomacy would be their strong point.
The Salarians would parallel the Romulans with a focus on Intel.
The Turians would parallel the Cardassians in exploiting conquered races (client races).
The Krogan parallel the Klingons
The humans don't fit with anyone very well, but probably the Ferengi.

I'm surprised nobody has done a mod with BotF like this, but it does seem like they are setting things up to eventually make a strategy game like BotF, maybe it just never materialized beyond the initial idea phase in the company.

Return to “General Chat”