Enterprise CV-6

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Axis
Captain
Captain

Enterprise CV-6

Post by Axis »

I allways wondered why they do not show the Enterprise CV-6 in the, for example ST-ENT series, I mean, it is after all the most highly decorated ship of all world war II (A heroic ship). And... this is kinda funny because CV-6 was after all maybe the ship after which all the Enterprises of Star Trek got named after, of course the CVN-65, which is displayed in the captain Archer's office, which was launched in the 60's gets more credit. What I mean, is that Gene Roddenberry might have thought more about the WWII carrier, after all, he was a pilot (or so I have read), and he fought in the World War II. But the CVN-65's appearance in the 60's might have something to do about the naming of the Star Trek's starship after all. I just thought that we should never forget the CV-6, after all, it had a major part of bringing liberty to a part of the world.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Captain
Captain

Re: Enterprise CV-6

Post by Axis »

And... what I just had in mind is the thing with the meals in ST-ENT, I mean, if a person hasn't had a real steak in 18 months, he should eat the whole steak whether or not the company's story is bitter or not, I hope the camera assistants or others eat that steak, it would after all be a real waste to throw the rest of it in the waste/recycling bin :wink:
Impress the Empress.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Enterprise CV-6

Post by slickrcbd »

I believe that CV-6 Enterprise is the most decorated ship in the history of the United States Navy. It's the Audie Murphy of ships.
I agree she deserves a place of honor.

Return to “General Chat”