Dominus Galaxia (Master of Orion like game)

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Dominus Galaxia (Master of Orion like game)

Post by Blake00 »

Ooooh just heard about another MOO like project called Alliance of the Sacred Suns (that seems to have been doing public betas for years under the name Imperia5x) when I saw it's kickstarter campaign. Looks like an interesting attempt at being different from regular Master of Orion like 4x space strategy games by focusing more on you the emperor.. feels kinda of like a 'Dune - Padishah Emperor simulator' managing those pesky greedy disobedient houses haha! Planetary management looks interesting, those separated regional environments and developments remind me of MOO3. A simple thing but I also love how the planets moons just swing past the camera while you're managing the world. Haven't seen any space battle footage so I dunno how that's managed. It's kickstarter period is over half way through but it's not even at half funded which is a bit worrying. It's been worked on for many years and seems so far along so hopefully the project would survive a KS failure.

[bbvideo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7_Tt9YAZ7E[/bbvideo]

Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Dominus Galaxia (Master of Orion like game)

Post by Martok »

I've been following AotSS for...five years now? It's been a little while, at any rate. I've been interested in the project ever since I first stumbled across it.

I backed it on KS as soon as the campaign launched, although you're right that things aren't looking good for it. :( It's a shame, as the game includes some neat ideas and mechanics.

Not that it will be necessarily be the end of the world if the KS campaign fails; the game will still launch next year. It does mean, however, that it's not going to get anywhere near the polish the developer wanted to give it, which means AotSS' state at release will be...less than great.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Return to “General Chat”