All in One 2.0.0 beta 2 available for testing

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

All in One 2.0.0 beta 2 available for testing

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

Here is the link to the next beta_2 installer for testing.
File is hosted on my Google drive
file size 1.32gb
md5 DC11DAEDC53B368172CD2B8ACABAF0D2
link to online md5 checker http://onlinemd5.com

BOTF_All_in_One_2.0.0_beta_2.exe

If you decide to test please report back what version/mod and resolution you have tested.

Changes from beta to beta_2

adjusted "zoom in" view on large versions 1366 and 1920
corrected max objects on wide screens 1366 and 1920
reverted back to older version of Dxwnd
renamed "tools" it is now called "DxWnd (This is required for smooth mouse movement)"
other tools can be found on site here and not part of installer
change language installer text "Select Setup Language and game language." and "Note; Some mods will be a mix of Engilsh and German when German is selected."
custom and full install changed to "Select Components to install"
fixed UCWL phaser error
fixed wrong files in Babylon 5 mod (800 x 600)
all mod install and have full hob patch fix custom hobs were created (not an option now)

ECM had this patch added

Savegame fixes for Borg TimeOut & Domination victory Borg task

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3853&p=51784#p51581

Please post your experiences here.

thunderchero

Below changes are from first release

Changes in installer for beta (from original post first beta release)

1920 x 1080 added to all versions, this is still a generic GUI.

all zoomed in map views have been edited

ECM updated to 4.1
see this topic viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3853#p50911

BOP crash issue corrected

wide screen versions have closer amount of sectors and space objects to original released versions.
see this topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3803#p50147

updated version of DxWnd

My mods: Ultimate Dominion mod, Uncivil Wars, No Building upgrade, Flagship mod, Thunderchero Multi player mod have the following new patches added.

- Newly-built structures unpowered if the exact amount of needed Energy is available (fix)
viewtopic.php?f=234&p=48431#p48416

- "Automatic" Build function Auto-upgrade main buildings fix (wrt foreign tech and building types) + Auto-build AI main Food fix
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3471#p46492

- Summary / Systems -> "X Turn(s)" fix (+1 if exact amount)
viewtopic.php?f=256&t=3758#p49636

- Artillery group 'circle' default bug-fix (should not be available for this group)
- AI fast-attack 'Pakled tactic' fix vs. Space stations (Strafe -> Charge)
viewtopic.php?f=209&t=1998#p48956

- extra Starting Systems without Special Buildings Fix (OBs only is a Bug)
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=1236#p50803

- Minor race special building system takeover Fix (Update/Addition for 'Minors without Main Buildings Bug Fix')
+ Keep Given Minor Race Special Building System Takeover Option (CORRECTED VERSION) & removed old/wrong code
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=13#p33859

- Dilithium Recource Level Fix for Spacefaring Minors (dilithium icon sometimes missing on F1 map)
viewtopic.php?f=120&t=1631&p=50813#p50813

- Sorting / Selection of AI Ships (Task Forces) Crew Experience Bug-Fix
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2729&p=50855#p50855

- AI Build Starbase Task-freeze Fix
viewtopic.php?f=221&p=50865#p50865

- AI 'Pugnacity' value-range / Ram Bug-fixes
viewtopic.php?f=221&p=50905#p50905

- 10. Protecting the AI from Neutron Stars (workaround)
- Speeding Up AI System Upgrades (workaround)
viewtopic.php?f=216&t=1805#p24589

- Force AI to Tform improve all its systems (Workaround)
viewtopic.php?f=221&p=50865#p50865

- Disable Cloak within Nebula (Fix?)
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=66#p46291
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: All in One 2.0.0 beta 2 available for testing

Post by Dewbacca »

I managed to get 45% of it downloaded but now my download manager is getting a 403 error, can't access the file to complete download.

My internet is limited at the best of times and right now the local network is very congested and all mobile data speeds are limited in my area.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Dewbacca wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:14 pm I managed to get 45% of it downloaded but now my download manager is getting a 403 error, can't access the file to complete download.

My internet is limited at the best of times and right now the local network is very congested and all mobile data speeds are limited in my area.
sorry to hear you are having internet issues, but I just checked and file is still available and gave me no 403 error.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

Most likely my provider at the moment, but I'm limited to 15 gig per month now, so limited attempts with a file this size.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

the new selections should be easier to understand for noobs

but the installer doesn't close (notice for compressing files to stbof.res 1-3 minutes per mod stays frozen)

game can be started, but some files got messed up (e.g. vanilla & ECM 800x600 zoom-in changed)

checksum was OK, so no corrupt download
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

that is strange just tested and installer closed, could you retest?

funny thing happened when I was testing your issue the installer warned me my browser was updating (never have seen this warning before) it might have started an update after you started install and that caused it to hang?

just as a note you might have some left over "temp" files in your temp folder that did not get deleted. folder name changes on every install but would be something like this "is-A96OU.tmp"
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 pm game can be started, but some files got messed up (e.g. vanilla & ECM 800x600 zoom-in changed)

checksum was OK, so no corrupt download
I am guessing you are talking about a black box all around game? I am now getting same on my system.

strange thing it is with or without Dxwnd

I am also getting same issue on first beta now with or without DxWnd

to get back to proper aspect ratio and full screen I had to edit my video settings

I have AMD Radeon so intel might be slightly different.
turned off GPU Scaling for correct aspect ratio and game fitting top to bottom.

tested 800 x 600 thursday, but my video card updated friday..... :???:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Already tested two times with same result (had to use task-manager to close installer)

no temp files (expected with ccleaner)

Second issue is about displayed sector size of zoomed-in map in original game resolution with unchanged standard map sizes

settings where DxWnd (set fullscreen icons), vanilla & ECM(800x600, no icons) vanilla 512 textures + GUI fixes, no repaced tga

Will test tomorrow again with DxWnd original icon paths (used before with last beta)
-> create no icons + DxWnd modify icons fullscreen, might cause problems?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:10 pm Already tested two times with same result (had to use task-manager to close installer)

no temp files (expected with ccleaner)

Second issue is about displayed sector size of zoomed-in map in original game resolution with unchanged standard map sizes

settings where DxWnd (set fullscreen icons), vanilla & ECM(800x600, no icons) vanilla 512 textures + GUI fixes, no repaced tga

Will test tomorrow again with DxWnd original icon paths (used before with last beta)
-> create no icons + DxWnd modify icons fullscreen, might cause problems?
did you run installer as admin?

yes zoomed in view was changed in first beta version
quote from first beta
thunderchero wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:56 pm all zoomed in map views have been edited
small galaxy has no zoom (i did not feel it was needed)
med and large galaxy "zoomed in" view displays 10 x 13 area (I felt this made it easier to move ships with max available area)

original zoomed in was only 5 x 7 sectors and on large galaxy that was nothing and you had to move map to select max ship range sometimes

edit; this is what happens when I ask a question and no one comments/responds (I do it any way) :grin:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Solved it. Rebooting windows 10 showed there was a hidden update pending (i.e. no notification and no notice about new updates in windows update). After that about 10 microprose registry entries had to be removed manually, since installer complained uninstalled mods are still present.

Thanks Microsoft! :mad: Btw a reliable source told me the guys from Microsoft said "jehovah" and I would be profoundly grateful when this is dealt with the old fashioned way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI&t=145s

@ map zoom-in

I see your point. Moving massive fleets can be a pain, especially with outpost/starbase in destination sector. For that reason I got asked by some girlies 20 years ago, how to increase scroll speed in zoom-in map (using arrow keys and moving mouse at the same time iirc).

But still, it's a massive change of game behavior and feeling, and I was under the impression you were not implying changing vanilla & ECM standard GUI 800x600 when not using larger edited maps.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:22 pm But still, it's a massive change of game behavior and feeling, and I was under the impression you were not implying changing vanilla & ECM standard GUI 800x600 when not using larger edited maps.
I do see it changing game behavior, feel maybe. I saw it as monitors size increased over the years the smaller zoom was not needed.

but that being said you control ECM and if you want it changed back, just say so and in next version it will return to original zoom in.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Looking at the first beta reactions we already see 2-3 complaints about this. However I see no reason to insist on reverting it.

So, if you take care of my microsoft suggestion, I will agree we keep zoom-in the way it is. Deal? :wink:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:49 am Looking at the first beta reactions we already see 2-3 complaints about this. However I see no reason to insist on reverting it.

So, if you take care of my microsoft suggestion, I will agree we keep zoom-in the way it is. Deal? :wink:
as for microsoft, if you cut off one idiots head, two will grow back in it's place...... or if you stone one idiot to death they will hire 2 more idiots

those 3 complaints were all on large map and I agreed they were way to large for zoomed view, they were starting at displaying 36 x 18 sectors :shock:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:15 amthose 3 complaints were all on large map and I agreed they were way to large for zoomed view, they were starting at displaying 36 x 18 sectors :shock:
I see, thank you for correcting me, missed it due to hasty reading. So let's just keep it and see how well it gets received. :up:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I have been working on mirror universe mod and was thinking about adding my irregular patch to my mods.

this would make them a single exe and change map sizes

map sizes, 40 x 30, 30 x 22, 22 x 16 widescreen 48 x 24, 36 x 18, 26 x 13

with 4 galaxy densities 15%, 25%, 35% and 50%

this would be applied to UCW, UDM, NBU, FLG, TMPM

The main reason I am considering this is for wide screen versions, since ring, spiral and elliptical will never fill map and rarely played.

and if Spocks-cuddly-tribble is interested it could be added to ECM with smaller/standard map sizes (ECM would more than likely be widescreen only) but i Do not expect ECM to change.

thought?

thunderchero

BTW any feedback on current beta 2....
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

If you mean adding OPTIONS (map sizes, zoom changes, re-balanced shiplist...) im OK with all of that, but I'd like to have at least the base version as close as possible to unmodded 1.0.2. (exept maybe a slight increase of stellar object densities). :smile:

EDIT: I am talking about 800x600 only, you can adapt all other versions without select options, when the new format benefits from it. :wink:

Return to “General Chat”