Creating Balanced Privat Mod

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Creating Balanced Privat Mod

Post by thunderchero »

MPR++ ships only use 1 palette for all of them. and that is only used for placeholder to make them invisible.

I hope Flocke does not take this the wrong way, but until he has time to progress on MPR++ it only a "novelty" patch.

yes it is great to see the nice ships, it is awesome to see the possibilities for advancements in saved game and adding dll injection.
but it has issues with widescreen, transparent message boxes, minors do not fire phasers or torpedoes, and other incomplete functions.

So you load it, say Wow!!!! and then uninstall and go back to original that has support and is easier to edit and mod.
Mr_Sloan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mr_Sloan »

vanilla with dxwnd might be somewhat playable, but i am really impressed by the turn speed processing of mpr++ on modern pcs. and yeah minors weapons are not visable. but they still deal damage. both has its value, i guess.

thx! I am modding now!
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Mr_Sloan wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:32 pm but i am really impressed by the turn speed processing of mpr++ on modern pcs.
I just ran a controlled test on vanilla with DxWnd vs Vanilla MPR++ on the same saved game.

turn processing was the exact same on both tests.
Mr_Sloan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mr_Sloan »

well for me mpr++ appeared to worked faster. Don´t know if i did anyhting wrong when testing both.

guess i simply do not have the experience on those things.

Return to “General Chat”