Simple to Impossible Difficulty

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

FIXbotfPLEASE
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Simple to Impossible Difficulty

Post by FIXbotfPLEASE »

Did any of the modders here finally discover the exact difference in difficulty settings ?

Is it just for the AI to keep getting more free bonus, on reserach, free ships etc on the harder difficulty ?
Pegasus
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Simple to Impossible Difficulty

Post by Pegasus »

Just from experience on Impossible, AI diplomacy is significantly more aggressive, making demands for funds / disputed territory and more likely to form a 2-4 empire alliance against you.

I've also noticed that in Impossible, the Ferengi create a 120 - 140 ship fleet that goes around sterilising planets in a one turn orbital bombardment.

Intel attacks are more likely to succeed and are more debilitating, too. I read a thread on the forum years ago that the ingame calculation for enemy intel attacks on Impossible cannot be effectively stopped.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Simple to Impossible Difficulty

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

You might want to check: viewtopic.php?f=214&p=40658#p40658

It affects:

- AI cheats viewforum.php?f=216
- Random events viewforum.php?f=229
- Intel viewforum.php?f=225
- Impossible Base Morale viewforum.php?f=173
- Minor Races viewforum.php?f=187
- Total Score viewforum.php?f=226

Vanilla difficulty level is pretty bugged. Harder levels make the game easier with minors (provided you know what you are doing) or when playing vs intel empires (cards/rom) in multiplayer.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.

Return to “General Chat”