Windows 10 major updates

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Windows 10 major updates

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I'm still on 1803 cuz the others won't fckon install/stay installed/boot into windows in the first place after update etc. Windows didn't offer 1809 or 1903, did 1909. The website let me do to TRY to instal 1903 (I want my windows explorer dark mode) but always fckon got into boot-reboot-reboot loops before getting into windows and I'm like arghagsgdjfirnshdjf

... One tip (if my current try works)... Update bios. That's a bit I've not seen AT ALL anywhere, yet doing it because only noticed that on boot-up (which is normally half a second, this machine is FAST normally, it said bios version from 2015.

Who here has probs like this?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Windows 10 major updates

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Same experience with one of my laptops. Major updates broken after 1803 (IIRC). Microsoft support offered only clean new full install for all people having same issue. Problem persisted for more than a halve year, with updating bios and drivers not helping. At some point it updated again (currently ver 1909), but runs buggier than before (on all my systems), albeit I'm told they promote most issues as features. I wonder if there is any connections to our good old microprose team....
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

Why would you update the BIOS if you aren't having any trouble?
A bad update can be very difficult to recover from, especially if something goes wrong. I only do that if I'm having trouble.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Well, as said, trouble was, for both of us, that windows update refused to work. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Yeah, must have been BIOS because WOOHOOO I'VE GOT DARK MODE FOR FILE EXPLORER NOW WOOOT!

*cough* Ahem. Sorry. It's the feature that's been "in windows" but not *my install of windows* since 1809 and It was super annoying that I couldn't get it... and now I'm super annoyed and angry at myself that all it was stopping me, was an old BIOS.

Return to “General Chat”