The world is a hologram

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Axis
Commander
Commander

Re: The world is a hologram

Post by Axis »

:lol:

It's quite easy to understand that the Earth is a sphere, not flat with basic knowledge and observations, holographic world on the other hand is not so obvious because feelings and thoughts get in the way, it's real, yet it is not.

Some conspicuous coincidences like the occupation of Crimea by the russians, which was basically a crime, which is an anagram : CRIMEA<->A CRIME.
In Finland, there is a former female official of some department or such, she abused her position and used preferences to make-up and so on, and convicted for that
AND her surname's rough translation is supreme brat.

The point being that these coincidences with people and places and things are not just random occurrences, there's somekind of plan behind them.
Last edited by Axis on Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
lambda_expression
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lambda_expression »

Duuude, what did I step into...
This thread has been going on for nearly three years? That's some dedication!
I skipped over almost all of it, so if this by now has been revealed as a huge troll or in joke post, I'm completely out of the loop :D

Uh, just in case, let me throw something at the "moves by the clock" initial argument. The reason why the sun is up at noon both in winter and in summer despite being at the opposite side of the orbit around the sun is simply that the Earth rotates slightly more than 360deg in 24h. That it takes 24h for the same spot on the surface to have the sun overhead is purely due to humans defining how long 24h are, and we picked (well, I wasn't asked, I'd prefer a 6 day 28h week to get a decent amount of sleep in each day) "we'll divide the time from when the glowy ball is overhead to the next time the glowy ball is overhead into 24 units".

Also, Earth doesn't rotate at a constant speed, the rotation speeds up and slows down constantly - just not enough for anyone without precision instruments to notice.

And Earth also constantly speeds up and slows down along its orbit around the sun - mostly because it's not circular and there's this thing about preservation of Energy (trading kinetic ie speed and potential ie distance from the sun energy). But also cause the moon, every other planet in our system, solar radiation and solar wind, and even distant stars and floating specks of spice dust constantly influence the orbit. Again, it's simply not noticable until you have precision instuments, because the Sun is the unchallenged big boy in the neighborhood. Top of my head I think I remember something like 97% of the total mass of the solar system being the Sun, with the rest essentially being Jupiter. But maybe that number was the percentage of hydrogen of the total mass of the universe, the rest being helium and all the other elements basically not existing. There is this joke that an astronomer's period table only lists two elements :D
tl;dr, we really wobble more through the universe than actually following a nice line.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Yes, I know about these minor changes in the Earth's behaviour when orbiting the Sun, there actually was news that the Earth's core's speed has changed, but those are something like nano- or microseconds, you really need those precision instruments to observe these changes, in essence, they don't matter in the every day life.

That 12-hour variation in Earth's rotary position on opposite sides of the sun is such a gigantic change in comparison to those microseconds, it should not happen.
Impress the Empress.
lambda_expression
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

I think you missed this part, ie "the BIG one":
The reason why the sun is up at noon both in winter and in summer despite being at the opposite side of the orbit around the sun is simply that the Earth rotates slightly more than 360deg in 24h. That it takes 24h for the same spot on the surface to have the sun overhead is purely due to humans defining how long 24h are, and we picked (well, I wasn't asked, I'd prefer a 6 day 28h week to get a decent amount of sleep in each day) "we'll divide the time from when the glowy ball is overhead to the next time the glowy ball is overhead into 24 units".
Nothing subtle around it. It's called "precession", and can be very easily demonstrated with a light bulb and a tennis ball. Tl;Dr: humans didn't define 24h to mean the time it takes for the Earth to rotate by 360deg, no, we defined it as the time it takes for the Earth to rotate (roughly, and the original humans that did so for sure weren't using degrees of rotation but "glowy ball overhead") 361deg.

The 12h difference is the sum of 182.6(ish) days times a rotational speed of the Earth of around 15.04deg/h, approximately 361deg/day, so after 24h rather than the sun being slightly to the east the next day it is exactly (ish) overhead again. Do that 182 times and after half a year you still face the sun at noon.
You CAN actually measure the 15.04deg/h at home with a very precise type of gyroscope (ring laser gyroscope, RLG) if the tennis ball doesn't do it for you. Costs about 25k.

You do know that it also takes longer than 1 year (as in, 365 days) for the Earth to do one full orbit, right? That's why we sometimes have Feb29th. And even that correction isn't correct enough ever since we scientifically defined what a second is to a high degree of precision, so every so often an additional amount of seconds is "corrected for" when a new year starts. Those corrections aren't made by the universe or by the simulation or by the hologram or ... . They are made by humans who have agreed that they'd rather have June remain in summer, and that changing clocks and calendars from time to time is more feasible than trying to change the rate of rotation and the orbit of the planet we are on.

There are no neat fractions in the Earth's orbit and rotation. 365 days per year is an approximation. 365.25 days per year is still an approximation, just a slightly better one. 24h in one day is an approximation. But they work well enough, so unless you do astronomy or operate satellites the imprecision won't be noticable.

But hey, if you are a troll, you just got me. In that case, respect 😉
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I think this huge topic grew a bit out of a misunderstanding. I mean I'm still not sure how much of a religious believe I offended or what is just theoretical thought for the mod Axis is working on and what would be a more uniform universe if laws of nature did not apply. :roll:
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

This is just my science.

I'm not answering to Flocke (not as long he thinks that hell is light and gift is poison :lol: ).

But to the remark lambda_expression made (who btw seems to be like the type who likes to bury the point with lengthy and complicated explanations, like a true "Earth-science person":

If the Earth spins more than 360 degrees in 24 hrs, then the clock would not keep up with the day, that means if the Sun is at it's highest point at sky at noon at the equator in midsummer, rises at 6 am, goes down at 6 pm, then for example, at mid-autumn it would be at 6 am, it would rise at midnight and go down at noon, and then it would be reversed compared to midsummer during midwinter after all.

With leap-year every four years means 6 hour increase per year, which is not really a precision instrument thing.

Another peculiar thing is winter in northern and southern hemispheres, if the Sun's distance is approximately 165 million kilometers from Earth, and tilt brings only a couple thousand kilometers more to that, the sun loses most of it's heating power in those couple thousand kilometers, I think it should not get so cold as it does, maybe above the arctic circle where sun does not shine at all.
Or in the summer, shouldn't those polar ice caps melt away, the sun shines around the clock over there all the time.
Impress the Empress.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Axis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:58 pm Another peculiar thing is winter in northern and southern hemispheres, if the Sun's distance is approximately 165 million kilometers from Earth, and tilt brings only a couple thousand kilometers more to that, the sun loses most of it's heating power in those couple thousand kilometers, I think it should not get so cold as it does, maybe above the arctic circle where sun does not shine at all.
Or in the summer, shouldn't those polar ice caps melt away, the sun shines around the clock over there all the time.
Well, maybe it is not so much about the distance of the sun, but the thinckness of atmosphere the sunlight has to pass, and about the larger area the sunlight is spread when not directly facing the sun.

But it all reminds me on the flat earth theory that in recent years had quite a large movement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xeTv-R9Vzw

By some workmate I recently also got faced some youtube preach how evident flat earth is. It took me some search, but it was no3 from this mind blowing playlist or some derivate of the same speach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5Ye6T ... i3esFtQlI3
When you feel any meaning in bible, already the first video is pretty mind blowing, but if not, the 3rd will do! It's amazing how they pick up physics for their argumentation where it fits and argue against it where it doesn't.

And that's only part of a movement that gained so much of an attraction, specially from belivers in the bible, that it even pushed church into teaching the most basic physics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHRCJpVbbXU

Somehow hilarious, they actually argued surprisingly well on the physics part. :lol:

I also found one great CNN documentation on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTSJC9Tmt4E :shock:
lambda_expression
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Axis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:58 pm I'm not answering to Flocke (not as long he thinks that hell is light and gift is poison :lol: ).
So he's German (or Austrian or Swiss) then I guess :D
Axis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:58 pm But to the remark lambda_expression made (who btw seems to be like the type who likes to bury the point with lengthy and complicated explanations, like a true "Earth-science person":
Scientific work prioritizes correctness and completeness over conciseness. Although there are some remarkable individuals that are both brilliant and able to express at least the concept behind something into a very manageable length. Those are few and far between, I am not one of them :)
Axis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:58 pm If the Earth spins more than 360 degrees in 24 hrs, then the clock would not keep up with the day, that means if the Sun is at it's highest point at sky at noon at the equator in midsummer, rises at 6 am, goes down at 6 pm, then for example, at mid-autumn it would be at 6 am, it would rise at midnight and go down at noon, and then it would be reversed compared to midsummer during midwinter after all.
Uh, no, that's the entire point. Your initial argument is based on your assumption that the Earth turns around it's axis by exactly 360deg per day, so after 6 months when it is at the other side of it's orbit around the Sun, the point at the surface that faced towards the Sun at noon 6 months ago would then be facing away from the Sun.
My argument is, if the Earth simply rotates 361 degrees per day (slightly less, but close enough), that completely solves that imagined contradiction. Within 3 months the Earth will need to have rotated about 90deg "too much" compared to 360deg/day. In half a year 180. Since the year is close enough to 360 days -> works out to roughly 361 deg/day.
Since the length of a day is a human invention and we defined it as "glowy ball is overhead again", and dividing a circle into 360deg is an independent human invention -> we accidentally defined the length of a day as "the time it takes for the Earth to rotate 361deg". Or 2*pi*361/360 if you prefer radians.
Axis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:58 pm With leap-year every four years means 6 hour increase per year, which is not really a precision instrument thing.
Yep. And we need that additional day every four years because the Earth takes (roughly, in reality it's slightly less) 365.25*24h to travel once around the Sun (as in, reaching the same point in its orbit again) rather than a neat 365*24h. So to avoid December becoming the first month of the year over time (December is derived from Deca, ten, because it originally was the 10th month before mankind (or at least the Romans if I recall correctly) decided they were fed up with historical records and calendars slowly making less and less sense over time), we decided for a regular 365 day year to ignore that we hadn't reached the same point in the orbit again yet and pretend the new year already started with a couple (well, a lot actually, astronomical distances will do that) kilometers still to go. And then once we'd accumulated enough leftover year to be able to fit in doing another spin around Earth's axis, have a year with a 366th day.
Axis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:58 pm Another peculiar thing is winter in northern and southern hemispheres, if the Sun's distance is approximately 165 million kilometers from Earth, and tilt brings only a couple thousand kilometers more to that, the sun loses most of it's heating power in those couple thousand kilometers, I think it should not get so cold as it does, maybe above the arctic circle where sun does not shine at all.
Funny thing, in winter (of the northern hemisphere) Earth is actually closer to the Sun than in summer (of the northern hemisphere). So during winter (of the northern hemisphere) the planet overall is actually hotter than in summer (of the northern hemisphere). And imagine this, while it's winter on the northern hemisphere, it's actually summer on the southern hemisphere! Shocking!
A good way to understand how winter and summer work (spoilers: because the Earth's axis is tiltet, distance to the Sun has near zero influence), imagine a really, really stong tilt. Like 90deg strong. That would put each hemisphere into total, utter darkness (and cold) during winter and the other into complete glowy-ball-directly-overhead (and scorching) at the peak of winter/summer, both hemispheres would get the exact same amount of light (and hence heat) from the Sun at peak spring/fall, and again complete sunshine/darkness at the peak of summer/winter (reversed).
With the slight tilt of the Earth's axis whichever hemisphere is experiencing summer is just exposing a little more surface area to the Sun than the hemisphere that is tilted away. More surface area facing the Sun -> more energy -> warm -> summer. Less surface area facing the sun -> less energy -> cold -> winter.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

You know, it's a bit hard to read so hairy posts, and my english is not 100 percent.

To me, it's intelligent to make a complex matter simple, not the other way.

So, if the earth rotates more than 360 degrees, then, the sun and clock positions would go even further than before, if there's approximately 6 hour increase per year, then from noon in midsummer sun's high point at the sky would go to early morning (3am) in midwinter.
Last edited by Axis on Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Axis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:58 pm I'm not answering to Flocke (not as long he thinks that hell is light and gift is poison :lol: ).
Believe me, more of a problem is to explain english speaking people the contrary of force for the term 'must not', which in german translates to being encouraged to do exactly that. You see, when you try to instruct us, we always get it wrong. :mrgreen:
Further, you even fail to distinguish whether the term 'you' is singular or plural. I mean no wonder you english people always take everything personal, it is always you like noone else exist. :roll:
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Maybe just "english people" or "them english people" would not become so personal.

I studied german for a few years from elementary to highschool, (scratch from the surface so to speak) and I got the impression of a rigid and strict language compared to english or swedish, and sometimes it goes backwards in a funny way in the grammar, but I liked the ch and sch pronunciations for example.

In finnish there are no gender-related definitions like der, die, das, or he and she, but there are words for du and sie (you) and of course man and woman.
Last edited by Axis on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impress the Empress.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

lambda_expression wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:04 pm Duuude, what did I step into...
:lol:

yea, I felt the same some time ago xD (thank you captaindusk)

That's the beautiful thing about the net, though. Everyone can spout their stuff out. In this case it is Axis' own personal matrix / rabbit hole ;)

I always find the reactions of the people rather interesting. The internet is a rather harsh and sometimes brutal place. Speaks for the users here how to interact and tc for keeping it running at the end ^^
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Sexia Erotomania Xenotopia calendar might be like this:

90 seconds per minute (99 in 9-based math), same for minutes per hour, then 18 hours per day (9 for day, 9 for night), 9 days per week, 9 weeks per month and 9 months per year.

There's no dancing in S.E.X., dancing seems to be a pointless exercise to me, there's no real pleasure involved, though it might look good done by others in Pioneer Universum as some race's custom.

S.E.X. computers have 3 states like the quantum computer does, but as there is no zero, then there are 1, 2 and 3, (3 equals as 1 and 2 at the same time, or 1 plus 2). Perhaps even 3-system throughout computer systems, like 3 times 3 bits equals as 9-bits for example.
Impress the Empress.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Wait, no dancing? Ok, I'm out. xD
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Ok, then there won't be KrazeeXXL either :lol:

S.E.X. seems to have a total of 218 sections, the Imperial Federation as 1, plus 217 other sections; 6 agencies, 22 departments and 189 corporations.
And these are then divided into a "xillion" substates, subagencies, subdepartments and subcorporations, as the state has 9 levels and other sections 8.
Last edited by Axis on Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
Impress the Empress.

Return to “General Chat”