The world is a hologram

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Axis
Commander
Commander

Re: The world is a hologram

Post by Axis »

Star system qroup would define it better, I agree.
The continental state just came to mind first, but they can be smaller, there are islands and island groups sometimes.
The city states are basically almost like Hamburg or Berlin, the ground level of the imperial federation.
The amount of these states is defined by how many different symbols there can be at one level, so far I've come to the conclusion that they increase by approximately 100 times at each level (the actual number might be higher when going on with them to the lowest levels), so a regional state could have 100s of city states in it's area (even the smaller ones are accepted in the city state status).
Ancient Greece had city states, and it worked fine at that time.

There are different kinds of planets in the IF, ranging from desert planets to jungle, mediterranean vegetation, central european vegetation etc, they all have just one vegetation zone thanks to the upright positioning of their planetary axis, ocean planets exist too.
But if an ocean planet has less states, then there are planets that have more of them, just a matter of arrangement.

And about the hologram, there is limited view that can be seen at one time, that limits the size and amount of how many things there can be. A view of the earth from space is not actually much different than one that can be seen from a very large movie screen, it can even give the same feel of depth too. So, there's the limit of how much your holographic viewscreen can show you, everything must happen within these guidelines, so an endless universe becomes just an idea, an idea that cannot be really fully comprehended.

I think there is at least one endless thing, and that is the life itself, you can die a thousand times in a hologram, be born again etc, they are all just sensations.

And the imperial federation, it is not meant to be in this current universe, but in an orderly, smaller one, one that can be comprehended fully.
In that universe there are no stellar phenomenon like black holes or neutron stars etc, but stability, in their science fiction these things might be found though.
Last edited by Axis on Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

I think the world (the holograms) has one part chaos, one part perfection, so there's half of this and half of that.
Last edited by Axis on Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

A sketch of excelsior Axis, an intrauniverseal carrier, flagship of Sexia Erotomania Xenotopia.
Excelsior Axis.png
Excelsior Axis.png (54.79 KiB) Viewed 267 times

Sexia Erotomania Xenotopia language uses almost all the words of all languages.
When having so many words, it becomes possible to have one word for every thing, so there's no such things as one word meaning two different things, like the general-word, other military, other common.
Last edited by Axis on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Axis wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:10 pm And about the hologram, there is limited view that can be seen at one time, that limits the size and amount of how many things there can be.
Sure, in a hologram there is no reason to simulate anything that's not to be detected by your sensations anyhow. In fact that is kind of the faults I'd expect to detect with a hologram. Have a too close look at the detail or move too far away and it is missing out or becomes repetitive. Just like what we do with computer simulations. Generic worlds miss the detail and variation, they become repetitive, and manually designed worlds are very litmited.
Axis wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:10 pm And the imperial federation, it is not meant to be in this current universe, but in an orderly, smaller one, one that can be comprehended fully.
In that universe there are no stellar phenomenon like black holes or neutron stars etc, but stability, in their science fiction these things might be found though.
You really can't rule out the black holes. It makes the center of each galaxy! What else mass could attract so many stars to form a galaxy? There is nothing but a black hole that gives such order to the universe. A holographic world that doesn't account for the physics we know, it is all but orderly. And what we comprehend just is based on how far you seek. Therefore while you keep learning it is likely you find a miss when thinking back in time, otherwise it would need to know ahead of what you are going to learn and inspect. That gives a very limited bubble of imagination like I already mentioned. :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

But lets possibly concentrate on a holographic fantasy novel in which the imperial federation is part of and aims for perfection of unification. A liitle portion of chaos is right what you need to give the story a little bit of salt. So what imperfection there is that the imperial federation needs to address? What is the meaning for which it was formed?
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

You don't get it, it is paradise, there is no such thing as imperfection, it is about the ultimate goal achieved, you just experience these always working solutions there.

I can tell you it has a Goddess as the Imperatrix (empress) of the IF, the tallest and "loudest".
Government includes Supremate, supreme council/imperial senate and Elite, high council/imperial house of representatives.
They're immortal, so they're permanently in the office, there's no such thing as elections (all the fuzz).
They look a little like the romulans of TNG,DS9,VOY and ENT.

They are called Demons, the empress (or imperatrix) is Yberpandemon (leader class), then there's Pandemons (middle class), Demons (servant class) and Subdemons (pleasure slave class).

These four levels have designations, leaders, or Yberpandemons as Goddesses, Pandemons, the middle class as Mistresses, Demons, the servants as Temptresses and Subdemons, the pleasure slaves class to Sleivs.

They have six fingers in their hands, an extra thumb on the other side of the hand to give extra grip (a little more spiderlike hands).
Eyes are like that of a cat, irises are slits, they have small fangs, pointy ears like vulcans/romulans have, and eyebrows like they do.
Their foreheads have the same "V"-like shape as romulans do, Yberpandemons have actually three of them, Pandemons two, Demons one just like the romulans but Subdemons have a smooth forehead.

They are ambidextrous.
Last edited by Axis on Thu May 18, 2023 2:55 am, edited 44 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Of the black holes, where's the need for dangerous things in paradise?
All we know about them are theories and some vague images and from scifi.
As in a hologram, that's just another story among others.

There should be a better solution to that kind of problem like the gravity of a galaxy, who knows, it might be the old theory that is right, that stars' combined gravity keeps them together in a galaxy, after all, there are more of them in the center.

And, I shouldn't really care about that "limited imagination"-barking, a typical response to that would be that it is quite unimaginative to repeat what everyone else has come up with.
Last edited by Axis on Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impress the Empress.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Axis wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:43 am You don't get it, it is paradise, there is no such thing as imperfection, it is about the ultimate goal achieved, you just experience these always working solutions there.
From what you are telling, it rather sounds like a nightmare, where ppl aren't meant to question and there only exist one final truth. Go with that truth and have a nice living, start questioning and you become a fault in that all so perfect system which needs to be extinguished. A system where you aren't even meant to think cause it could bring up question.

Further, when you had a perfect system, there is no meaning to a political representation like the imperial federation. What does it judge in a holographic paradise? Where comes the bible of rules one must apply? :razz:
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

You give the typical ununderstanding point of view of such system.
The people there might question, but they are given answers, think they can, and will.
But, what's the point of questioning the already perfect solutions, should there again be a worse, a chaotic solution for people to use.

It is not so much different from the major religions' view, there's no wrong in the God's kingdom, this just isn't about the old bearded guy sitting on the edge of a cloud.

So far I've come up with the idea that the imperial federation is led, almost in a military manner (in a more relaxed way though).
I liked the way things worked in the army.

Without a political system, an anarchy, there would not be a state to admire, no great organization(s), it would simply lack intelligence, in a good story there is a state mentioned.
Great nations are quite often admired.

Also, this perfect universe hologram is meant for myself, there are no people from this world, well maybe some who look slightly similar and/or have similar names.
Last edited by Axis on Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Well for your own perfect hologram vision you are free in what you imagine and I will stop to question.

In fact at some time I believe we will have the technology to simulate all the human senses with some implants. And like nowerdays we play games and watch tv, at that time we'll probably all enjoy our holographic visions. But I hope people won't loose touch to the real world. Already in the current time way too many ppl don't care on responsibility. And in a perfect holographic world ppl likely loose any remaining responsibilty.

But will be fun to experience some altering realities that have their complete own rules and physics. :up:
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

That's the usual predictable outcome in this world, but in my version, even the thoughts are what is also projected from outside, after all, they have feelings too, some feel bad, some feel good, so they're sensations too.
So, you won't lose responsibility when those thoughts get better, you might even, and will get extra-motivated towards responsibilities and other things too.
Losing negative thoughts and emotions is key to the perfect universe, obviously there are some totally unnecessary feelings like hate, fear, worry, sadness and such, they hinder your ability to do things, you can function better without such feelings, when you don't stop on every step because of such emotions.
Last edited by Axis on Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

I came to this conclusion by going into a deep state of kelno'reem, at Chulak! :lol:
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

The reason why people don't comment (which is quite too often these days), is that these people have ascended, reached a higher plane of existence, therefore they are not allowed to interfere with lower levels of existence :lol: .
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

I just met a man who was watching the stargate, and stargate only, I recall he was suffering from some kind of Cheynne mountain complex. Oh, come on this is funny! :lol:
Impress the Empress.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

wild thread

Flocke: you tried ;)

I liked the supercluster picture a lot.

While diving through this madness (thanks cd :P), I remembered a visualization of prime numbers. Well, perception is one of the most difficult things. I was on war with math in my early years but pictures like this showed me its beauty.

When it comes to logic and dimensions, I can recommend the first couple of chapters of one of my favourite books by K.C. Cole: the hole in the universe.

p.s.: don't skip the entropy chapter. ^^

Return to “General Chat”