The Orville - Battle for Earth.

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

The Orville - Battle for Earth.

Post by Deimos »

Spoilers if you haven't yet watched The Orville's Season 2 ending episode.

But, with that said, did anyone else watch the big ship battle? man, I wish Star trek had battles like that!

Took me a while to get into The Orville, I just didn't like the over the top forced humour in season 1, but it really did improve in Season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cENOaERdJhc
eber3
Captain
Captain

Re: The Orville - Battle for Earth.

Post by eber3 »

Star Trek had some awesome battles, especially DS9. To bad there has been no Star Trek since 2005. But yeah, that was a very good episode of Orville with a great battle. I just wish they'd come out with the next season already.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

The only thing I didn't like about the battles in DS9, was the lack of shield effects and all those tacky looking fireball explosions whenever a weapon hit a ship.
I think the only time you saw a shield was when it was the Defiant Vs the Lakota.
But I do get it, rendering shields on multiple ships probably would've cost a fortune, but the ships just felt way too weak in DS9, especially the large D'Deridex/Galaxy classes which vs the weapons platforms were like paper mache.
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Yeah the big battl for earth in orville took my back to those good old big DS9 moments where huge fleets clashed. Good stuff!
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Return to “General Chat”