Why is torpedo accuracy so poor in BOTF?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Why is torpedo accuracy so poor in BOTF?

Post by Deimos »

One thing that always bothered and amused me at the same time, was how awful the torpedo accuracy is in BOTF.

How can a ship fire at a non-moving target and miss it by tens of degrees right or left?

For instance, I just attacked a Klingon starbase in one of the excellent mods from here and the torpedoes are flying all over the place, it seems only half, at best, actually go in the direction of the starbase, probably half of those again miss as well lol.

I thought, perhaps it was because the ships were new, with no experience, so I made a point of training ships from the get go for a hundred turns or more, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.
2020-12-06.png
2020-12-06.png (85.01 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Kharille
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Why is torpedo accuracy so poor in BOTF?

Post by Kharille »

Maybe they got really good comms and electronic warefare. Wasn't sure if the torpedoes would disappear on impact or keep going in this game.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Why is torpedo accuracy so poor in BOTF?

Post by slickrcbd »

Interesting, since in vanilla the torpedoes are usually pretty accurate, but the beam weapons (phasers, disrupters, etc) miss all the time. At least in ship-to-ship combat. Outposts almost always get hit with torpedoes, but the computer rarely builds starbases in vanilla.

Return to “General Chat”