Questions regarding UE & UM5

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Classyguy25
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Questions regarding UE & UM5

Post by Classyguy25 »

Good Morning,

I am going to start with an apology because I am not knowledgeable on coding what-so-ever.

In reading through the forums and downloading the UE, I thought I could alter the sizes of the galaxies in UM5. Unfortunately, after making the changes, the mouse cursor fix has been reversed somehow and the galaxy view is not filling the display. I am assuming I am missing a step or a fix that I need to do in order to make the game resume running normally at the updated galaxy sizes.
I am actually trying to restore the Sml & Med size galaxies to their vanilla values within the mod, but like I said... no dice.

Any advice/assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I have been playing this game on and off since buying it from CompUSA many years ago, and so far UM5 is my favorite MOD with all the added content available for the minor races.

Thanks again!

Greg in MI/USA
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Questions regarding UE & UM5

Post by thunderchero »

if your only issue is galaxy not filling up area you need to run the "botfrespatch"

see this topic for botfrespatch files
viewtopic.php?p=30780#p30780

Note; you will need to extract all files from stbof.res so botfrespatch can read them.

This is due to UE does not adjust for different resolutions other than 800 x 600.

Return to “General Chat”