What are they eating...

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Axis
Commander
Commander

What are they eating...

Post by Axis »

I've wondered what they actually eat in the holodeck, or holosuite, and I've come to the conclusion that it must be holograham rolls. :lol:
Impress the Empress.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: What are they eating...

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Well, at least the air in the holo environment mustn't be holographic, otherwise ending/leaving the program would cause fatal hypoxia.

EDIT: According to the TNG pilot that also applies to water, which does persist outside of the holodeck.

Anyway right forum for the question since BotF might give a clue if you have the stomach for the answer:

There the romulans have 'organic regenerators'. So all they need is a bit bio mass (possibly from the sewers? :shock: ) combined with some replicator/transporter tech and ready is the yummy imperial holo menu....

PS: One cannot use this argument to get any discounts for holo-sessions booked through AFC !
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

How come every time I go into a holosweet it raises my blood sugar
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:29 pm Well, at least the air in the holo environment mustn't be holographic, otherwise ending/leaving the program would cause fatal hypoxia.

EDIT: According to the TNG pilot that also applies to water, which does persist outside of the holodeck.
Yea, the pilot always baffles me. The snowball out of the holodeck and the explanation of the holodeck workings itself where the rock is thrown against the grid are a bit funny.

Better to not to look too deep into that and just enjoy it for what is it. As a kid, it definitely made me wonder and the stimulus from those ideas was huge. I like to remember those times.

Coming to think of it: at a large retail company, they had some holographic Star Trek pictures back then. One was a Klingon and they also had a Borg and a Ferengi. When looked onto it from some angle, it appeared 3D and outside of the frame.

I should've just bought one.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

Holograms have been around for a while, they were really popular in the late '80s and early to mid '90s. Around the time that TNG was airing.
The holodeck is completely different from those hologram pictures they used to make.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

It was just an anecdote...
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

There's a lot of drug addicts in Hollywood, every movie and tv show tells you about a drug called prod, there are prod users, even executive prod users, or co-prod users, prod used by someone etc.

I have Sheen Charlie in thoshe moviesh (spoken in true drunken language). :lol:
Impress the Empress.

Return to “General Chat”