Minor update to All in One will be in the works

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Minor update to All in One will be in the works

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:25 pm How can I see the s-s-.ani tga pictures without triggering a nova in game?
here is video of ani in UE

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:25 pm If there is no palette limit issue in ECM, it would be nice if we could add all torpedoes at the same time for more ship specific weapon animations.
ECM has no palette issues (current 95 of 127)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:25 pm it would be nice if we could add all torpedoes at the same time for more ship specific weapon animations.

Btw I figured out how to use shield level, shield penetration and weapon multipliers to adjust torpedo effectiveness against shields (but editing shiplist.sst for this will be a pain).
if you make a detailed list I should be able to edit weapons with UE

as for ship stats I think I still have an excel doc that can import changes. but need to check.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

I think the s-s-ani is fine, thank you.
thunderchero wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:42 pmif you make a detailed list I should be able to edit weapons with UE

as for ship stats I think I still have an excel doc that can import changes. but need to check.
I just posted a vanilla example for weapon multiplier, shield level and shield penetration (works also for ECM since same ship stats).

But it should be an option (same as a re-balanced shiplist option)? I will look at import tool if you find it.

Also I will think about a selection/list of usable phaser/torpedo hobs. Editing shiplist.sst is not an issue, just editing hobs to use right gif files with right palette.

And take your time for the installer update. Just one patch with a cup of coffee each (my to do list will keep my busy for a long time anyway...).
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:45 pm But it should be an option (same as a re-balanced shiplist option)? I will look at import tool if you find it.
here is I think latest csv for ECM from files you just posted of shiplist (extract and open with excel)
ecm_csv.zip
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
make a copy before you start editing so you can make released shiplist and optional shiplist

if you want to take a look at the tool here is link
viewtopic.php?p=37706#p37706

If you make it simple (x.hob uses x.gif) or give exact details I have no problem setting hobs, textures and palettes.

how does this look for nphoton.hob for early TMP klingons

Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Thank you.

I like your nphoton, but the colour is a bit oversaturated.

Btw just checked AI trade goods 1:1 from my to-do list. They get the credits and better score, but on the map they don't really do better. Strange....
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

here is the palette you asked for on the npton, jokers texture with vanilla kpton palette.

Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:21 pmhow does this look for nphoton.hob for early TMP klingons
You are right, your first nphoton.hob looks nastier. So lets use it. :up:

Vanilla (not ECM) ship textures mixed up -> 512/A 265/B 128/C gif files should be re-added from 1.0.2 CD version :?:

A little progress report (re-balancing tactical combat aka shield level fix option should be ready this weekend)

ECM needs 3 more patches:

- Disable Cloak within Nebula Fix
- Force AI to Tform improve all its systems (Workaround)

-> were in older update patch but disabled via # -> viewtopic.php?p=50911#p50911

- Beam Firing Arcs (fix) -> below

Tactical Combat:

- Torpedo RateOfFire & Torpedo speed/agility -> seems to get ignored
- Beam RateOfFire -> works even for monsters, but needs careful handling (they will not only fire later, but might stop firing at some point)

- TACTICAL shows camera schematic (fixing confusing perspective/switches is too much work for the moment, only the collision switch is easy)
- STATUS bugged diagnostic feature
-> BEAM is related to 'Hit Probability' (most blank)
-> FIELD is cos radian of 'beam min range' (not 1 means aft torpedo launcher)

Checked ECM trek.exe phaser slot values (firing arcs)

hm1 duplicate -> HAP -> is this borg smiley for screen saver?
TMP -> changed values (shouldn't matter, since unused in ECM?)

Code: Select all

NAME: Beam Firing Arcs (fix) - Trek.exe Phaser Slots
DESC: Re-balances some ships beam firing arcs according to unused draft data and makes them more canon.
AUTHOR: Spocks-cuddly-tribble
URL: https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/botf/viewtopic.php?p=52676#p52676

# KM1 - K'Vort (120 -> 60)
>> 0x18FEAC 01 01 01
<< 0x18FEAC 41 41 41

# KL1 - B'rel (120 -> 60)
>> 0x18FF3C 01 01 01
<< 0x18FF3C 41 41 41

# HH4 - Defiant (120 -> 60)
>> 0x18FC6C 1A 18 19 11 11 15 14 16 28 29 29 21 21 25 25 24
<< 0x18FC6C 5A 58 59 51 51 55 54 56 68 69 69 61 61 65 65 64
Won't really work for Defiant (too many phaser slots in any direction) but doesn't matter since vanilla/ECM games are decided before this ship becomes available. EDIT: We could set all Defiant slot values to 41 as workaround?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Here is last pieces for the next preliminary ECM test version (albeit final touch should be just some easy replacement files and minor modifier edits based on test results).

If there is any inconvenience with patching trek.exe just let me know and I will re-download last test version and update trek.exe (my current installation is modified beyond recognition).

The kind offer to create more torpedoes was not forgotten, but would be a waste (e.g. older romulan plasma only for one cruiser and canon implicates it's unwanted red).

One last trek.exe patch: (else the new AI smart ram & fast group evade code if shields down checks only the own group leaders)

Different Solo Commands within AI Combat Groups viewtopic.php?p=52751#p52751

Shield Level Fix option for longer battles viewtopic.php?p=54617#p54617

==> shiplist.sst https://workupload.com/file/mkYn8ddnDJu -> It would be great if there was the possibility to install both options (ECM base & shield level fix)!

Enabling the Shield Level feature might compensate one of the most obvious vanilla BotF combat flaws (torpedo firepower too high depending on tech and race).

- Monsters -> Shield Level 0 (unedited for balance reasons; no beam shield penetration/no multipliers)
- Fast combat group (Scout/Destroyer) -> Shield Level 2 (exception Vulcans = 3 due to slow agility)
- Others (Stations, all sorts of Cruisers, Colony Ships & TTs) -> Shield Level 3 (exception K'Vort = 2; also the only cruiser without aft torpedo launcher)
- Ships with extreme map speed for their type -> extra penalty to Shield Level (Defiant/Raider-II/K'Vort-II = 1, ferengi/klingon TT-II = 2)

I think that's the utmost possible tweaking while staying faithful to the ECM base concept.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm If there is any inconvenience with patching trek.exe just let me know and I will re-download last test version and update trek.exe (my current installation is modified beyond recognition).
currently the installer has 16 different versions of the trek.exe, so a single "patch" file would work best for me.
here is the current 800 x 600 English trek.exe
trek.zip
(880.34 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm The kind offer to create more torpedoes was not forgotten, but would be a waste (e.g. older romulan plasma only for one cruiser and canon implicates it's unwanted red).
just add any you want and will set up hobs/palette/texture.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm ==> shiplist.sst -> It would be great if there was the possibility to install both options (ECM base & shield level fix)!
just to confirm this is "shield level fix" shiplist.sst
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:34 pm Vanilla (not ECM) ship textures mixed up -> 512/A 265/B 128/C gif files should be re-added from 1.0.2 CD version :?:
vanilla uses updated textures and hob patch by default, so 256/b and 128/c gifs are not used, only the 512/a is used.
was there any issues you could detail more since I did not see any errors.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:51 pma single "patch" file would work best for me.
I will create a multi-update patch and edit post when ready. :wink:

==> https://workupload.com/file/rcbkTfefZuC

Conflict warning due to code to repace not matching expected vanilla is OK!

I hope your 'Relocation Table zero full option' patch properly disables the header i.e. the OS interpretation as relocation table.

thunderchero wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:51 pmjust to confirm this is "shield level fix" shiplist.sst
Correct, the base shiplist you have with weapon animations & aft torpedo launchers is still accurate.

But I will look again into lowering the strike cruiser torpedo multipliers as small compensation for their slowness/short range rendering them kind of useless in vanilla.

Updated 'Shield Level Fix option for longer battles':

==> https://workupload.com/file/QWjr96dpM9d

'Shield Level Fix option for longer battles' has no trek.exe deviations, just this one different shiplist.sst file.

thunderchero wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:51 pmwas there any issues you could detail more since I did not see any errors.
Not a big deal, but some ships use updated textures while others keep outdated vanilla defaults. The main issue not being the mixture but losing vanilla experience for comparison (e.g. I like that you kept the original explosions in vanilla).
thunderchero

Re: Minor update to All in One - ECM update

Post by thunderchero »

note; patch had conflicts, but I expected this and ignored.

I still have some questions about files.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:31 pm plasma_2.gif (new edited - optional)
since from what I can tell all *plasma.hobs still use plasma_2.gif what needs to be done to this gif?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:31 pm lexicon.dic (edited entry 875 or 876 super nova text)
lexicon.dic (entry 875 or 876) -> super nova text "All live has been destroyed..." -> example "All planets have been destroyed, colony ship built for emergency evacuation..." viewtopic.php?p=46098#p46098
what entry did you need to use and exact text that is needed.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:31 pm - fphaser.hob (yellow) -> replaces ECM fphaser.hob (blue?)
- mphaser.hob (white) -> replaces ECM mphaser.hob (vanilla? ugly-dark-orange)
added from jokers files you uploaded.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:31 pm qphoton.hob (new edited)
nphoton.hob (new edited)
s-s-.ani (new edited)
new files I created added and hob, palette and textures edited.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:25 pm Here is the missing fphaser.hob & mphaser.hob files for ECM and renamed torpedo pics from old Joker mods (I forgot 7Zip can open his old exe files :shock: ): https://workupload.com/file/kZ9UKg8QRZK
within your files you uploaded for 'jokers files" do these files need to also be added and if so do new hobs need to be re-named and edited?
opton.gif
ppton.gif
tpton.gif
ypton.gif

my last question is on ship weapon animation assignment, I only saw qphoton.hob nphoton.hob assigned to a few ships.
do any other ships need assignment for o, p, t, y or plasma hobs?

if plasma hobs are already assigned UE does not display them. Does plasma use a different offset? if so what offset so UE might be corrected.

looks like this will be a great update. :grin:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Minor update to All in One - ECM update

thunderchero wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:43 pmplasma_2.gif what needs to be done to this gif?

if plasma hobs are already assigned UE does not display them. Does plasma use a different offset? if so what offset so UE might be corrected.
All plasma.hob files would use this gif file if they were used, but currently no trek.exe slot+10h phaser/plasma switch marker is set to use plasma.hob instead of phaser.hob (but I need the plasma files from my first file zip pack for testing).

Means editing this gif with round plasma bolts would be just in preparation for developping a future fix/workaround (no priority at the moment, nevertheless appreciated).

Note *plasma.hob is not ship specific, but still uses current owner prefix (see note in multi-patch) i.e. no need to care about shiplist.sst when testing plasma.

thunderchero wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:43 pmwhat entry did you need to use and exact text that is needed.
In don't understand the file structure (pointers) in lexicon.dic: At 0xB095 'All life in the %s system has been destroyed by the Nova.'

-> 'All planets in the %s system have been destroyed by the Nova, a colony ship has been built for emergency evacuation.'
(improve sentence/text to proper native english)

thunderchero wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:43 pmdo these files need to also be added and if so do new hobs need to be re-named and edited?
opton.gif
ppton.gif
tpton.gif
ypton.gif

qphoton.hob nphoton.hob assigned to a few ships.
do any other ships need assignment for o, p, t, y or plasma hobs?
Not yet, because I haven't useful/desired pattern for them (also some minor/monster have just random weapon animations for variety e.g. I wanted to keep your blue torpedoes in game).

But you are most welcome to add/edit weapon animations more canon (e.g. I looked up combat drone beam color and changed to canon green).

Also aphaser.hob (antiprotonbeam) radius *10 has to be tested for further increase.

And smaller phasers also will be re-adjusted (maybe only for smaller ships?).

But all this stuff will be listed/adjusted for final ECM 5 release (also strike cruiser torpedo base damage of my latest update for 'shield level fix' will unbalance multiplayer...)

OT-Note firefox shows certificate error for AFC page.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:00 am OT-Note firefox shows certificate error for AFC page.
I already contacted cleverwise and hopefully this will be fixed later today or tomorrow.

I think I have all the files collected, here is the edited files.

once you check them out I will add them to the installer and compile.
stbof_files.zip
(433.09 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:27 amI think I have all the files collected, here is the edited files.

once you check them out I will add them to the installer and compile.
Looks good so far. :up:

But use first base version of shield level fix -> https://workupload.com/file/mkYn8ddnDJu

(vanilla figures don't really support special torpedoes for strike cruiser) :sad:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm It would be great if there was the possibility to install both options (ECM base & shield level fix)!
"ECM base" would be default? ("shield level fix" would need user to select during install)

just wanted to point out with new lexicon, shiplist and combat menu when installed in "German" it will be mostly English.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Thank you for your efforts.
thunderchero wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:31 pm"ECM base" would be default?
Yes, "ECM base" was just a term to point out difference for conversation, you don't need to label it that way.

There should be an easy option to have both versions installed at the same time (e.g. like standard map & large map versions of other mods).
'ShieldLevelFix' trek.exe shortcut/icon could be labeled ECM-SH? EDIT: Provided setting this up isn't too much work, of course.

Btw the un-installer is thorough and easy, I like that (it removed all outdated sub-folders/project files I created, without annoying confimation requests).

IIRC you had a small installer tool for adding files to stbof.res without corrupting it due to wrong compression?

Not even having downloaded the new test version, I already have a couple of changes in mind.... (torpedo firing arcs of strike cruisers to 360 degree i.e. aft 'beam min range' <60, re-scaling some ships like Neg'var in trek.exe slot).

EDIT: I fear it's too late, but I got the hotfixes done: https://workupload.com/file/AYPd4kJkdCk

Return to “General Chat”