All in one 2.0.1 beta 3 available

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

All in one 2.0.1 beta 3 available

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

here is next test version all in one beta 3.

Installer latest release links

changes to this version

updated ECM
uses new DxWnd proxy, it is no longer needed to use DxWnd gui or commandline to run DxWnd silent.
shortcuts use target of "trek.exe" so now shortcuts can be edited to add -Mudd again
all mods that used liberating foreign home systems (fix) edited
tools added back to installer (manual delete folder if you want removed)
when using GameRanger DxWnd gui does not need to be open.

tools folder
tools.jpg
tools.jpg (55.42 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Please with so many changes I really need feedback good or bad

thunderchero

original post
Hi Everyone,
here is the latest Beta installer with;
latest changes to Error correction mod,
added the AI ship global loop patch for faster turn processing for more testing. patch was added to MUM, UDM, UCW FLG, NBU TMPM
file no longer available
enjoy and please give feedback
thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: All in one 2.0.1 beta 2 available

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

A small glitch with ECM (windows registry key?)

When installing ECM and shield level fix, ECM (base) is missing in Windows Apps and Features (list of installed programs).

The ECM un-installer entry is instead added in Start -> MicroProse.

No biggie since uninstaller works also via Start -> MicroProse -> right click ECM or from ECM directory.

thunderchero wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:44 pmplease give feedback
The installer sucks, it doesn't work with disconnected PC power plug, removed HD or no RAM.... :wink: :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I will need to take a look at uninstaller again....

this behavior is normal for mods with "large" version (uninstall normal and large with single click), but I was hoping ECM shield version would work differently.

but since ECM is the base component with a task of shield version, I am not sure how to get it to work as I want and display in windows add and remove programs.

current release, only issue I have is in windows add and remove programs. It should only list "Error Correction mod" there but when executed would remove both versions (currently it only uninstalls shield version). then users could also uninstall separately though install path or start menu.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:47 pmcurrent release, only issue I have is in windows add and remove programs. It should only list "Error Correction mod" there but when executed would remove both versions (currently it only uninstalls shield version). then users could also uninstall separately though install path or start menu.
Tough call, I'm fine with both options. For the time being i'd just leave it the way it is. :wink:

ECM-SH torpedo multiplier error fix (ferengi scout 2, light rider 2, klingon colony 2, TT 2 & outpost 2): https://workupload.com/file/7SF5VWDjqFG

Still more issues to address:

- AI builds unneeded main food
- ships using charge/assault in tactical combat often don't move (most if target uses evade) :???:
- new beam firing arcs eg. K'Vort need more testing
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:09 pm Tough call, I'm fine with both options. For the time being i'd just leave it the way it is. :wink:
but before next update changes should be made.

before I make changes I would like to get your thoughts.

in the installer each mod is a "component" so ECM is the component and shield version is a "task" of ECM.

So we have a few options

option 1
Make shield version a separate component. this will allow each install to have a separate uninstaller and allow each version without the other.
This might get a little confusing on user having 2 versions of ECM to select during install?

option 2
Since current installer configuration will not allow install of shield version without normal ECM being installed. make it so it only has 1 uninstaller that would uninstall ECM and if installed would uninstall shield version at same time with a single click (just like normal and large version mods).

option 3
Leave shield version as a task of ECM, but add a third uninstaller that would be mainly for windows add and remove programs. This uninstaller would uninstall both versions with single click. while the start menu would have separate uninstallers for each version.
but this might be confusing to users as well and allows to make mistakes, example uninstall both when they only wanted to uninstall shield version.

personally I think option 2 would be consistent with how other mods uninstall.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

2 sounds best indeed. If it still allows to select SH as optional task during installation, I'd say it's perfect.

EDIT:

On a side note about charge/assault ships not moving. Your 'reacting to cloaked ships' code for players should trigger the same issue when using evade (i.e. cloaked AI ships do not move with charge/assault).

This weakens surprise attacks far more than intended and sabotages my AI frontal assault code. Not sure yet how best to deal with this issue.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:43 am 2 sounds best indeed. If it still allows to select SH as optional task during installation, I'd say it's perfect.
I have "option 2" working now as described. it took adding a new registry and check registry for if shield version is selected during install.
(this will be available next release)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:42 am
thunderchero wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:44 pmplease give feedback
The installer sucks, it doesn't work with disconnected PC power plug, removed HD or no RAM.... :wink: :wink:
I just tested on my "disconnected PC power plug, removed HD or no RAM" test system and it ran/installed flawlessly.

Could you give more details on the issue you are having? or provide a screenshot of when you are having the issue.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

EDIT: I updated 'AI multiple One-per-Empire buildings fix': viewtopic.php?p=54784#p54784

The AI Task (B) 'Build Wonder' was meant to handle one-per-empire structures. Here is how to disable it's unfinished code (might reduce unneeded AI calculations & building conflicts?):

Code: Select all

>> 0xD1E2 E8 09 F9 FF FF
<< 0xD1E2 90 90 90 90 90

# 40DDE2 call sub_40D6F0 AITaskB_Build_Wonder_special -> remove/nop
Should be added to ECM & mods using the fix. :wink:

thunderchero wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:18 pmCould you give more details on the issue you are having? or provide a screenshot of when you are having the issue.
Of course.

First happened this: https://tenor.com/view/monkey-computer- ... f-12674712

Then this: https://tenor.com/view/computer-error-gif-11140104

And finally this: https://tenor.com/view/exploding-comput ... if-5012694
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Playing the UDM mod today with this new installer, first issue I notice right off the bat is constant crashing to desktop when hitting "turn" in a battle.
Doesn't happen all the time and seems to be somewhat random, it can happen on the first click, other times I can go about 4 turns into a battle before it does it.
Definitely seems to happen quicker when there's a lot of ships, though.

I haven't noticed any significant decrease in turn times sadly, turn times in the Ultimate mod 5 are quite considerable around turn 50+ (But I don't believe this was updated with the new patch?)

Also I wanted to slow things down in the game so research wasn't as fast, so I tried to remove all research structures except for the level 9 one, kept it at tier 9 as a requirement, but it shows up at tech level 1 anyway.
So I went back to the default stbof.res file and changed every research structure to One per system only, but I could still build more than one. (boo! :P)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Deimos wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:41 pm Playing the UDM mod today with this new installer, first issue I notice right off the bat is constant crashing to desktop when hitting "turn" in a battle.
Doesn't happen all the time and seems to be somewhat random, it can happen on the first click, other times I can go about 4 turns into a battle before it does it.
Definitely seems to happen quicker when there's a lot of ships, though.
is crash happen on reload (able to reproduce) if upload saved game before combat.
Deimos wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:41 pm I haven't noticed any significant decrease in turn times sadly, turn times in the Ultimate mod 5 are quite considerable around turn 50+ (But I don't believe this was updated with the new patch?)
correct UM5 does not have patch, user or Dafedz would need to add patch.
Deimos wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:41 pm Also I wanted to slow things down in the game so research wasn't as fast, so I tried to remove all research structures except for the level 9 one, kept it at tier 9 as a requirement, but it shows up at tech level 1 anyway.
So I went back to the default stbof.res file and changed every research structure to One per system only, but I could still build more than one. (boo! :P)
normal any structure change requires to have other files reset manually with UE

with UE stbof.res open navigate to edit/starting conditions/starting technology and select "Auto-set all" button
this will reset tech levels for structures.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Ah nice, thanks Thunder!
Robbs
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Robbs »

So I'm probably very late to the party (or missed the memo), it seems like the tools installs have been dropped. (UE and QD patcher) Am I missing something, and if not, where is the best place to go to get them? (Is there still a place to download V1.01?)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Robbs wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:51 am So I'm probably very late to the party (or missed the memo), it seems like the tools installs have been dropped. (UE and QD patcher) Am I missing something, and if not, where is the best place to go to get them? (Is there still a place to download V1.01?)
UE download link
https://gitlab.com/stbotf/ultimate-editor/-/releases

bof_patcher
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bofpatcher/files/

I don't know of any place to still download All in one v 1.0.1
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:01 pm EDIT: I updated 'AI multiple One-per-Empire buildings fix': viewtopic.php?p=54784#p54784

The AI Task (B) 'Build Wonder' was meant to handle one-per-empire structures. Here is how to disable it's unfinished code (might reduce unneeded AI calculations & building conflicts?):

Code: Select all

>> 0xD1E2 E8 09 F9 FF FF
<< 0xD1E2 90 90 90 90 90

# 40DDE2 call sub_40D6F0 AITaskB_Build_Wonder_special -> remove/nop
Should be added to ECM & mods using the fix. :wink:
working again on update beta 3

Spocks-cuddly-tribble is this the only changes from beta 2?

does ECM need 'AI multiple One-per-Empire buildings fix updated?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

I'm currently not able to update ECM.

From my notepad:

Still more issues to address:

- AI building behavior still sucks (to say the least) e.g. AI still builds unneeded main food

- ships using charge/assault in tactical combat often don't move if target uses evade :???: -> unconsidered vanilla issue
-> 'emergency evade' & 'reacting to cloaked ships' code for players triggers the same issue when using evade (i.e. cloaked AI ships do not move with charge/assault).
-> This weakens surprise attacks far more than intended and sabotages my AI frontal assault code. Not sure yet how best to deal with this issue.

- new beam firing arcs eg. K'Vort need more testing

If you would be so kind to just:

- update AI one-per-empire fix as suggested
- remove 'Emergency evade during surprise attack (cloaked ships staying cloaked)' viewtopic.php?p=52556#p52556
- remove 'reacting to cloaked ships option for player' by thunderchero (if implemented) 0x71132 (5C) reset -> 12

EDIT: Also please use this shiplist.sst for ECM-SH:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:09 pmECM-SH torpedo multiplier error fix (ferengi scout 2, light rider 2, klingon colony 2, TT 2 & outpost 2): https://workupload.com/file/7SF5VWDjqFG

I'm not quite following your new changes for DxWnd, but every simplification is welcome.

Return to “General Chat”