Could the automatic build ever build the extra buildings?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Could the automatic build ever build the extra buildings?

Post by Deimos »

Hi all,

One thing I'm curious about is whether the auto build system could be modified to automatically construct the extra buildings, like shipyards, wind turbines etc?

Or is there some restriction/limitation there?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Could the automatic build ever build the extra buildings?

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Not in BotF, the AI code isn't usable for player empires and too broken anyway (unsolvable main issue of BotF).

But you might try out supremacy: viewforum.php?f=300
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Ah that's a shame, but good to know
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Not kind of the answer I expected. Anyhow, it is solvable and will be solved for sure, the question is how and when. Right now it can't be done. Ask back maybe in a year. ;)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Yes, but given the availability of more advanced/intelligent coding tools and support of expert programmers (like yourself), it might be smarter to just use GUI and sound files (if desired for for nostalgic reasons) with an entire new code base.

Otherwise every advanced/awesome code injection is still limited by the bugged global code. E.g. 'Improving AI Combat Commands new AI Battle Modifier' is a great patch, but almost pointless due to shitty global code: viewtopic.php?p=52751#p52751
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:47 amit might be smarter to just use GUI and sound files (if desired for for nostalgic reasons) with an entire new code base.
That says the novice to programming. :lol:
Sry but one major rule in programming is, that programming something new is never _the_ solution. It is like asking the car workshop to fix your car, but instead they sell you a new one of a completely different brand.

The question however was whether there ever could be a solution, and that's a definitive yes, just that we don't have a solution yet. :razz:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

In the sense of this parlance (i.e. ignoring the dysfunctional code frame of the main features) one could implement some workaround.

Code is specified here: viewtopic.php?p=46458#p46458

Best read aibldreq.bin before or after the upgrade check via code injection.

Depending on skills, method, research done and intricacy of the chosen set up I'd estimate min 4-12 working hours.

Return to “General Chat”