All in one 2.0.1 beta 5 available

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: All in one 2.0.1 beta 5 available

Post by thunderchero »

minEmpDist Invalid
how can we get 30 minors every time "many" is selected?
viewtopic.php?p=52712#p52712

all galaxyShape Invalid is due to irregualar galaxies

as for techLevels_num Invalid search this post for 0x5268a
viewtopic.php?p=20978#p20978
I am not sure what code is correct.
original and several posts after use 0x5268a 83 FA (cmp edx) (MUM code)

but when I looked at Dafedz patch he posted I noticed code deviation UM5 uses 83 F8 (cmp eax)

vanilla is cmp eax
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pmall galaxyShape Invalid is due to irregualar galaxies
There is no reasonable way for UE to support value editing for that kind of patch (i.e. it should just refuse to edit the MUM galaxy generation). :wink:

thunderchero wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pmas for techLevels_num Invalid search this post for 0x5268a
viewtopic.php?p=20978#p20978
I am not sure what code is correct.
original and several posts after use 0x5268a 83 FA (cmp edx) (MUM code)

but when I looked at Dafedz patch he posted I noticed code deviation UM5 uses 83 F8 (cmp eax)

vanilla is cmp eax
That's a pointless/redundant op-code change:

Code: Select all

00453288           mov   edx, eax
0045328A           cmp   eax, 0Bh
Either upgrade all mods, patches, patcher and edit the modding post (cmp eax) or tolerate UE incompatibility of this patch version.

thunderchero wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pmminEmpDist Invalid
how can we get 30 minors every time "many" is selected?
viewtopic.php?p=52712#p52712
I don't see how minor race settings affect mimum home system distances of empires? Or is this due to code for MUM irregualar galaxies?

@ your link:

That's a confusing matter:

- vanilla bug for max number of minors 5+ (i.e. ingame value deviation -1) -> better fix trek.exe code (no UE workaround) and reset 31 -> 30
- table with min numbers of minors is a semi-implemented feature (free star systems vs minor density try 1000 times -> fails for high values)

NAME: Maximum Number of Minor Races - Table Deviation Fix (values 5+)
DESC: Corrects maximum of "one less minor race than the number in the table, except if the number in the table is 4 or less".
AUTHOR: Spocks-cuddly-tribble
URL: 

>> 0xB0FDA 04
<< 0xB0FDA 05

>> 0xB1008 04
<< 0xB1008 05

#004B1BD8           add   eax, 4  -> 5 // 0xB0FDA 04 -> 05
#004B1C06           add   eax, 4  -> 5 // 0xB1008 04 -> 05

Your free-up code patch does the same as my small patch (mov edx & eax before call 507E50 is pointless and can be removed):

004B1C3B           mov   edx, 576h
004B1C40           mov   eax, offset a____SourceUn_5       ; "..\\..\\source\\universe\\placrace.c"
call 507E50 Random_float_0_1_to_st0 -> 5079E0 TURNSTATUS_Random_txt (pointless/disabled diagnostic feature)
So if you test launching trek.exe -n (same random seed) and start new games with same settings -> no deviation with same minor values/multipliers!
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 pm Either upgrade all mods, patches, patcher and edit the modding post (cmp eax) or tolerate UE incompatibility of this patch version.
upgrade all mods and modding post to cmp eax would be my way :wink:
edit fixed posts with errors and MUM was only mod with error. :shock:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 pm I don't see how minor race settings affect mimum home system distances of empires? Or is this due to code for MUM irregualar galaxies?

That's a confusing matter:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
this goes back to my fading eye sight... and can't read, but yes that was part of irregular galaxies even the patch has min empire distance labeled so it can be edited for each galaxy type.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 pm
thunderchero wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pmall galaxyShape Invalid is due to irregualar galaxies
There is no reasonable way for UE to support value editing for that kind of patch (i.e. it should just refuse to edit the MUM galaxy generation). :wink:
thunderchero wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:38 pm this goes back to my fading eye sight... and can't read, but yes that was part of irregular galaxies even the patch has min empire distance labeled so it can be edited for each galaxy type.
All the minEmpDist conflicts indeed relate to the irregular.patch changes and that are so many I refuse to implement a fixture for UE. :P
( for reference: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3593 )

The way UE segments currently work, they might not overlap. Therefore I'd have to collect all the working fixtures and data value references into one huge code patch, or implement some complete new concept to select from multiple patch options. Further I can't make the gui options work with that patch anyhow as it lacks most of the options.

Finally I already suggested and must emphasize, the galaxy generation is a great target to be replcaed by some dll code extension, which would drive all the irregular.patch changes irrelevant. :roll:
thunderchero wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:38 pm upgrade all mods and modding post to cmp eax would be my way :wink:
edit fixed posts with errors and MUM was only mod with error. :shock:
Not an error, but glad you fixed that change! :grin:

One other issue there was is a conflict on your martial law building Id fixture for short type value compare. I tweaked it some little to allow short type values for all the martial law building ids and adapted it for UE. For MUM I implemented a sneaking code upgrade fixture. ;)
I however wonder whether that patch was necessary at all, since JZ instruction don't depend on the signed byte flag and therefore the limit should be 255 not 127.

The only other issue left that I found with any of the mods of beta5 is a GALM conflict with the disabled NebulaHCGraphic fixture. The code looks a bit messed by the jump instructions but he moved code to add 3 additional space object graphics, switched at asm_4FB32A, and he reused lexicon entry EMPIRE_CEDED, which might be broken now.

The change breaks the UE graphics menu and the anomaly right click menu, but I'm adapting the code and think I can make the lexicon mappings editable by UE. I already implemented to add new stellar objects to objstruc.smt and missed proper name mappings there anyhow.

One questions though, where is it set in trek.exe how many types of anomalies are generated? I didn't find any documentation on it by Tethys.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:42 am I however wonder whether that patch was necessary at all, since JZ instruction don't depend on the signed byte flag and therefore the limit should be 255 not 127.
The issue I found with that martial law id was if not correct it would not remove martial law structure from build list. So user was able to put multiple martial law in build queue. :shock:
Flocke wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:42 am The only other issue left that I found with any of the mods of beta5 is a GALM conflict with the disabled NebulaHCGraphic fixture. The code looks a bit messed by the jump instructions but he moved code to add 3 additional space object graphics, switched at asm_4FB32A, and he reused lexicon entry EMPIRE_CEDED, which might be broken now.

The change breaks the UE graphics menu and the anomaly right click menu, but I'm adapting the code and think I can make the lexicon mappings editable by UE. I already implemented to add new stellar objects to objstruc.smt and missed proper name mappings there anyhow.

One questions though, where is it set in trek.exe how many types of anomalies are generated? I didn't find any documentation on it by Tethys.

I can contact Tethys if you want me to, but I doubt he has any documentation.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Flocke wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:42 amI however wonder whether that patch was necessary at all, since JZ instruction don't depend on the signed byte flag and therefore the limit should be 255 not 127.
Asm opcode mechanics: The reference byte uses sign extension to word vs compared word ID (AF is not read as 00 AF but FF AF). :idea:
Just [byte] vs [lower byte of word] would interpret ID 1AF as qual to reference byte AF. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:28 am I can contact Tethys if you want me to, but I doubt he has any documentation.
No, not necessary, I'll pick a glance whether I can find it and otherwise leave it to some later update.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:32 am Asm opcode mechanics: The reference byte uses sign extension to word vs compared word ID (AF is not read as 00 AF but FF AF). :idea:
Just [byte] vs [lower byte of word] would interpret ID 1AF as qual to reference byte AF. :wink:
Ah, THX, now I get it. The cmp casts the operand from byte to short instead of casting the value to byte. And I thought it would just compare the latter byte, but casting it to short totally makes sense. :???:
If it would compare DL instead of DX it would work, right? I mean, beside that it would be flawed by matching other short value ids.

I'll fix to apply the patch already for 128 and above.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:01 pm The end battle was really nice with genuine DS9 vibes and it's a shame that I mistakenly deleted the save before I could test it with the shield-level fix. :sad:
It's sad the save got lost, but try add back ships with UE. :)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:01 pm INTEL MANAGEMENT Screen -> locked-sliders of eliminated empires Bug:

Sum of Total Percentage(s) in my case 81% (3 empires gone with 19% Intel locked in hidden sliders)

If an intel slider was locked while the target empire dies the assigned intel percentage is lost for good....(funny bug :shock: ). Any solution?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:17 am I wasn't able to replicate the issue quick-testing new card & rom games, so here is the corrupted ECM5 save for the save-master: :wink:
game1.sav
I finally checked this save. There indeed 19% sabotage is assigned to the federation.
I added another UE integrity check to fix this issue. :smile:
locked-intel-assignment.jpg
locked-intel-assignment.jpg (59.76 KiB) Viewed 132 times
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:03 pm Can you provide any insights for the two saved game issues:

2.) INTEL MANAGEMENT Screen -> locked-sliders of eliminated empires Bug: download/file.php?id=3090 (ECM 5 save)
Sum of Total Percentage(s) in my case 81% (3 empires gone with 19% Intel locked in hidden sliders)
If an intel slider was locked while the target empire dies the assigned intel percentage is lost for good....(funny bug)
It's still been in my TODO files. ;)

Return to “General Chat”