Heading West

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Heading West

Post by thunderchero »

Don't you just hate when you have to move to the other side of the galaxy
move.jpg
move.jpg (491.2 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Heading West

Post by Flocke »

indeed 8O
and even more so when you build one new ship per system each turn and need to move it again and again...
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

After I headed west here is the (small) battle with Romulans
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (108.74 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:43 pmAfter I headed west here is the (small) battle with Romulans
First, why was the romulan fast attack group not cloaked?

Second, why used the Warbirds 'ram' during their cloaked free attack? (vanilla jihad or outdated AI ram patches?)
In case my latest patch was used, I'd try changing romulan AI 'Ram Escalation' value from Havoc (102+ 66h+) to Overkill (101 65h) with AI solo commands option: viewtopic.php?p=52751#p52751

EDIT: In case the romulans get triggered by the silly vanilla jihad ram code, you can try to disable it:

Code: Select all

4783C0          cmp     ds:AI_Combat_Pugnacity_0_5, 5 // jihad
4783C7          jnz     smart_Retreat_check_Bravery_skip -> nop jmp 0x777C7 (0F 85) -> 90 E9

Thirdly, the romulans definitely did not appreciate you heading west....
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:04 pm First, why was the romulan fast attack group not cloaked?
MUM, so not all Romulan ships cloak. :wink: But the TT's do :grin:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:04 pm Second, why used the Warbirds 'ram' during their cloaked free attack? (vanilla jihad or outdated AI ram patches?)
it still has the "outdated AI ram patch". Good thing I saved that combat for testing :razz:

funny thing was I only lost 8 heavy cruisers II and 24 were damaged hull but survived.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:04 pm Thirdly, the romulans definitely did not appreciate you heading west....
well yes and no, on first contact I gave them 65,000 credits for non-aggression treaty (to display current system locations). Then declared war 2 turns later after my ships got to there boarder.

Edit; I tested code from link (removed outdated first) Ai either retreated or did less damage to my fleet.
I tried many different combos of the patches in that post, any combo you suggest to try?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Sorry, I'm having a hard time finishing my BotF projects, so I'm missing out on many posts these days.

For the same reason I'm forced to let down Iceman and his great supremacy project, which is not my intention.

To the topic:
thunderchero wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pmMUM, so not all Romulan ships cloak. :wink:
I don't know what the poor romulans have done to you to deserve being punished with a fast group without cloak... (stole the rubber duck out of your bathtub?)

Anyway, just make sure you never miss this patch for any of your mods:

- Cloak default fix for task forces (the UPDATE is just an extra feature) viewtopic.php?p=28058#p28058

thunderchero wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pmit still has the "outdated AI ram patch". Good thing I saved that combat for testing :razz:

funny thing was I only lost 8 heavy cruisers II and 24 were damaged hull but survived.
The new smart-ram code should improve this i.e. destroy more of your ships if possible (just damaging ships is kind of pointless).

thunderchero wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pmI tested code from link (removed outdated first) Ai either retreated or did less damage to my fleet.
I tried many different combos of the patches in that post, any combo you suggest to try?
Here is my suggestions for your mods (AI TC codes): viewtopic.php?p=54900#p54900

Make a copy/backup of trek.exe then:

- remove outdated jihad ram patch
- use ALL patches from the 'AI commands in TC' post.

Last step overwrite with modifier table I made for you: viewtopic.php?p=54900#p54900

Smart-retreat disabled via 'Bravery' 100 and ram-escalation 65h overkill (should prevent retreat in this battle) :wink:

THEN update main patch with 'ram damage = current hull points' deviation patch (end of post): viewtopic.php?p=52751#p52751
I guess you use the option in your mod. :wink:

Setting ram escalation modifier to 66h+ (havoc) should do same as jihad ram (i.e. your above video result) :idea: , but I hope we can do better. :wink:

If you have time next weekend or so try if the AI does better with new codes. Just remove/test solo mode option of your choice.

EDIT: Note that 'reacting to cloaked ships' and 'current hull points as ram damage' will weaken the AI. I don't expect you to change this in your mods, but keep in mind.

EDIT2: Did the uncloaked romulan fast group use 'emergency evade' or is this option limited to human players in your mod?

thunderchero wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pmI gave them 65,000 credits
So that's what the donation page was used for....
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:47 pm Sorry, I'm having a hard time finishing my BotF projects, so I'm missing out on many posts these days.

For the same reason I'm forced to let down Iceman and his great supremacy project, which is not my intention.

To the topic:
thunderchero wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pmMUM, so not all Romulan ships cloak. :wink:
I don't know what the poor romulans have done to you to deserve being punished with a fast group without cloak... (stole the rubber duck out of your bathtub?)
It had nothing to do with rubber ducks, you know how many time they have done the mind probe on me to get info..... they keep asking the same question over and over. (how do you add ships with UE)
It has done so much Irreparable harm only 20% of my neurons are firing now.

after trying to follow your suggestions I have realized how far behind I am in updating code/adding new code available. I keep saying "I need to add that fix/patch" but I never did.....

On top of all this new code I am adding to MUM, Chris pointed out something I already knew. ship building was too easy. So I am also working on ship build cost and maintenance adjustments and other minor tweaks.

I still need to fix the morale structure issue I forgot about. when I tried your last code suggestion it was too long and out of place and got side tracked again. this is happening more and more.

but I will get it figured out one day.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Return to “General Chat”