ship task

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

ship task

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

How would I find out the ship task of these klingon ships
task.jpg
task.jpg (881.83 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
I need to check orders on current turn and a few turns later to see why they seam to be stuck after retreating

just not sure what file of saved game would have info or how to read info.
or if it could be seen on screen AI diag info?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: ship task

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

One can tell off hand their current task is farting in bathtubs aka none (common issue after many tasks - even AI systems often just "have a break").
Check klingon map ai data type 7: viewtopic.php?p=34204#p34204

And here is a good one for you. This seems to fix many AI task glitches and also improve turn delay (might be better than my turn lag workaround):

Code: Select all

00409169     83C5 78        ADD EBP,78  // check task target instead of source sector coordinates 0x856B (70 -> 78)
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:22 pm How would I find out the ship task of these klingon ships

I need to check orders on current turn and a few turns later to see why they seam to be stuck after retreating

just not sure what file of saved game would have info or how to read info.
or if it could be seen on screen AI diag info?
In GWTforce you find the current task force assignments. Telling from the screenshot there should be no assignment.
In ordInfo and result.lst you find current task force orders and previous turn result. If I remember correct the turn results automatically apply to next turn orders even when no matching order in ordInfo is found.
Beside of this, in AIShpUnt you find the controlled ships of each AI empire. How strategic planning is performed and saved I havn't analysed.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:51 pm One can tell off hand their current task is farting in bathtubs aka none (common issue after many tasks - even AI systems often just "have a break").
Check klingon map ai data type 7: viewtopic.php?p=34204#p34204
before they retreated to that sector they were set to invade 11 33 -> 12 34 system Tellun (they invaded that sector 5 turns prior and is where combat took place)
note: during combat Klingons lost 180 ships

every klingon ship has a task of "invade" except colony ships (different sectors)
invade.jpg
invade.jpg (417.93 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
the 4 TT's are set to invade 10 34 -> 11 35 (AI Diag uses 0 0 as first sector?)
so it is set to invade current sector? (empty sector). so far after 8 turns task has not changed and no movement. :sad:

EDIT: I also looked at agenda id "E" and task id 3409 (turn 122) target azati prime
but at turn 103 right after retreat it had task id of 2089 but same target of azati prime?

by the way is there any way to scroll data when list is larger than display view?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:26 pm so it is set to invade current sector? (empty sector). so far after 8 turns task has not changed and no movement. :sad:
When you upload the save and tell what mod version I need I'll have a look whether I can add an integrity check.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:31 am
thunderchero wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:26 pm so it is set to invade current sector? (empty sector). so far after 8 turns task has not changed and no movement. :sad:
When you upload the save and tell what mod version I need I'll have a look whether I can add an integrity check.
when I noticed the task id changing AI is still ordering ships
just since it is as close to target (azati prime) it does not move and slowly Klingons are building ships with same task ID to invade azati prime.
so just normal dumb AI issue?

latest MUM release from BOTF_Top_10_mods_2.0.2_Beta 1366 (but any installed res should work on saved game now?)
game10.sav
(496.02 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
but you will not like integrity check results

new code for "Extending System Bonuses & Sun Icons - edifice.bst+71h requirements" is flaged on every system that has Asteroid Belt Dilithium and Asteroid system
viewtopic.php?p=57639#p57639
shift.jpg
shift.jpg (481.41 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:26 pmthe 4 TT's are set to invade 10 34 -> 11 35 (AI Diag uses 0 0 as first sector?)
so it is set to invade current sector? (empty sector). so far after 8 turns task has not changed and no movement. :sad:

EDIT: I also looked at agenda id "E" and task id 3409 (turn 122) target azati prime
but at turn 103 right after retreat it had task id of 2089 but same target of azati prime?
map ai data type 7 reads TF ID, GTForceList +38/3C coordinates (not task source or target sector!) and current task (e.g. invade) + ID
-> current sector (GUI coordinates -1) & Task are NOT related!

To get task source/target coordinates you need to check task ID -> you say Invade target is azati prime

Invade azati prime task 2089 might be canceled and reset with new task ID 3409? (possible source for bugs + all the outdated tasks can add to turn lag?)

thunderchero wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:26 pmby the way is there any way to scroll data when list is larger than display view?
It uses same i/o zoom-in/out and arrow keys. Not sure if there is a display limit cut-off (IIRC for me it always scrolled down) but it is awful to navigate.
thunderchero wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:06 pmwhen I noticed the task id changing AI is still ordering ships
just since it is as close to target (azati prime) it does not move and slowly Klingons are building ships with same task ID to invade azati prime.
so just normal dumb AI issue?
In your picture. If TT task is invade azati prime they should go to target (if invasion fleet numbers ok) or source (staging point Tellun or nearest own system) to join invasion fleet. But neither Tellun nor azati prime is safe due to enemy presence, so no better options to move (task on hold)?

If you disable repair for undamaged ships you get this issue even worse (AI uses unneeded repair to gather idle TTs & colony ships).

Also my above turn lag improvement was just a lucky coincidence.... :sad:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:00 pm Invade azati prime task 2089 might be canceled and reset with new task ID 3409? (could be possible source for bugs)
yes on turn 104 id is 2089 and on turn 122 id is 3409 both have invade target Azati prime

also just went 8 more turns to turn 130 but scraped all my ships close to Azati prime. no ship movement by klingons they are building ships and they are just sitting at the system they were built. I am guessing they are up to 100+ ships at turn 130 (turn 108 they had about 40)
and all ships built except colony ships have task of invade Azati prime id 3409
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

If you use 'AI Ship Tasks Turn-Lag Workaround Test Patch (changes AI behavior)' -> remove it and test again: viewtopic.php?p=57750#p57750
It stops removing ships from tasks to fill them. :???:

Also you could reset the AI files and see if this helps: viewtopic.php?p=57851#p57851

IIRC I updated a bug in 'Cancel Invade Fix for Ally Systems' so check if you have same patch code: viewtopic.php?p=57743#p57743
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:02 pm If you use 'AI Ship Tasks Turn-Lag Workaround Test Patch (changes AI behavior)' -> remove it and test again: viewtopic.php?p=57750#p57750
It stops removing ships from tasks to fill them. :???:

IIRC I updated a bug in 'Cancel Invade Fix for Ally Systems' so check if you have same patch code: viewtopic.php?p=57743#p57743

I have tested all above and then some (remove patch/test) with no change.
question is will changes effect test saved game or would I have to start new game and duplicate issue?
I have been starting test the turn before TT's retreat. then going 15 -20 turns. one test I even scrapped all my ships.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:03 pmquestion is will changes effect test saved game or would I have to start new game and duplicate issue?
Usually, the AI tasks and assigned ships should be updated.

This ship/task freeze is also a vanilla issue I'm trying to solve. With improved AI managment (more resources/ships) it happens more often.

Your MUM issue appears even more prominent. 418B4C is needed for map AI data type 17h (used for most AI ship tasks). I'd test to reset this.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:49 pm Usually, the AI tasks and assigned ships should be updated.
it is getting updated after retreat, but same order "invade Azati prime"

I am not surprised the AI will freak out after losing 90% of there fleet.

funny thing happened 4 turns later when I went to protect system to the south with my fleet against the cardassians. (don't have save)
they took norkan and they are still sitting at norkan when my fleet arrives. when in combat I take out maybe 25 ships on first round before they all retreat (140 ships retreat to 4 sectors) after they retreat they did not look to move and I was able to just chase them from one sector to the next sector they retreated to until I killed all ships. it took me 10 - 15 turns since retreating ships were cloaked
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Known issue with de facto beaten AIs (dynamic danger check helps a bit with frozen vanilla colonize & Tform tasks).

asm-base for AI task codes:
58BF88 0 Explore
58F9B8 1 Raid
58C03C 2 Colonize
58C074 3 Tform
58B6E0 4 Develop_System
58BFC8 5 BldShp
58C0B4 6 BuildBase
58C0EC 7 Invade
58C1D8 8 Accept_Proposal UNUSED
58C210 9 Offer_Proposal
58FA60 A Attack
58F978 B Build_Wonder
58F9F0 C Patrol
58FA98 D Train
58FA28 E Repair
58FAD0 F Harass
The second sub pointer [ATask+18] sets orders for ship tasks (e.g. invade sub_41E7D0)

If [task+6Ch] = 0 (own total numbers too low)-> no ship orders

So this might unfreeze your invade AI ships:

0041E7E6           jz    short 41E7F0 invade_source_staging -> jle 41E7F0
If this works we can also 'fix' other AI tasks.

E.g. explore:

00417C3C           jz    short loc_417C4B -> jle
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:08 pm So this might unfreeze your invade AI ships:

0041E7E6           jz    short 41E7F0 invade_source_staging -> jle 41E7F0
If this works we can also 'fix' other AI tasks.
that was interesting

loaded turn 103 with combat 4 tt's retreated as before
turn 105 TT's went to Azati prime with 6 other ships (10 total)
turn 106 TT's stayed at Azati prime and now a total of 22 ships at azati prime
turn 107 TT's stay and a total of 34 ships at azati prime I invaded Tellun as I would have (2 turns late)
turn 108 TT's moved to 32 12 with new task id invade Amarosa (other klingon war ships are also going to Amarosa)

I will admit first time I killed the 4 tt's at azati prime, but I wanted to know what they were going to do so I move all ships and scrapped starbase before they moved to Azati prime.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

I overlooked the station in your pic. The AI should switch invade target or change task to attack.:???: (might be reason for freeze issue)

So either random changes of MUM trek.exe AI switches/multipliers mess with the AI task selection OR finishing stations in invade target sectors causes a vanilla bug. Is the invade task older than the station :?:

Return to “General Chat”