Morale bug/feature in MUM and UM5?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Morale bug/feature in MUM and UM5?

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place for this:

In both MUM and UM5, installed from the current top ten installer, passive morale boosts provided by structures, eg Private Farms, only provide morale when the structure is powered. Is this change intentional?

Repros easily. Build buildings, don't power --> no morale after turn. Apply power and morale effects begin.

Anyway,

Ken
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Morale bug/feature in MUM and UM5?

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Ovarwa wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:09 pmpassive morale boosts provided by structures, eg Private Farms, only provide morale when the structure is powered. Is this change intentional?
Yes, default behavior is a code error, disabled features shouldn't affect morale.

Plus you had to scrap structures with extra morale penalties (e.g. prison mine) if they were temporary idle.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

Thanks! Speaking of code errors, was the bug about ships moving backward or otherwise mangling or ignoring their movement orders ever resolved?

Tangentially,

Ken
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Ovarwa wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:51 pmwas the bug about ships moving backward or otherwise mangling or ignoring their movement orders ever resolved?
No, but I think that glitch is triggered by save scumming i.e. reloading saved games and re-deploying and/or redirecting task forces or other changes. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:23 pm
Ovarwa wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:51 pmwas the bug about ships moving backward or otherwise mangling or ignoring their movement orders ever resolved?
No, but I think that glitch is triggered by save scumming i.e. reloading saved games and re-deploying and/or redirecting task forces or other changes. :wink:
Ah. I do sometimes save during the middle of a turn and come back, and rather than meticulously calculate research to avoid losing rp when a tech is discovered, I find it easier to reload to adjust %alloctions, which I do regularly since there are no other human players.

Thanks,

Ken

Return to “General Chat”