command cruisers in ECM2

Error Correction Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

command cruisers in ECM2

Post by jonesie85two »

hello, firstly... this isnt a complaint and i am sorry for putting this in the wrong place. My question, what has happened to the command cruiser tag/label/encounter popup? is the command cruisers command benefit still active? is there a way to reactivate it?

I am hoping its something as simple as lexicon editing but that doesnt explain how all cruisers are accumilated in the battle popup.

anyway, thank you for your time and patience.
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: command cruisers in ECM2

Post by jonesie85two »

bump (sorry). I am asuming because nearly 60 people have viewed this thread and no reponse that the answer is unknown/too simple to comment/too complicated to comment so i'll asks it in a slightly different way. Was the command cruiser removed from ECM2 for a reason?

NOTE: by 'REMOVE'd i mean. in combat i have 3 command cruisers and 3 standard (tech4) cruisers. All listed as 6 cruisers. Rather than 3 cruisers and 3 command cruisers.

Sorry once again for reviving this thread.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

IIRC the command cruisers where always grouped together with regular cruisers in combat.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jonesie85two »

Dr_Breen wrote:IIRC the command cruisers where always grouped together with regular cruisers in combat.
Oh... I just played the original botf and noticed you are correct. Whoopsy. Thank you for your response.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

it's impossible to modify these groups theres always the same ones:

fast attack
slow group
artillery
non combat
base

the term "command cruiser" is just used for the galaxy class in vanilla.
what can be changed is the initial combat distances. here it would make sense to give artillery a wide distance with long range weapons but still weak defense. so once you're close to an artillery they're busted but as long as they're out of the cruisers range they're a big thread.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55

Return to “Error Correction Mod”