Error Correction Mod 4.0 released 5-20-16

Error Correction Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

EnPhreg
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Error Correction Mod 4.0 released 5-20-16

Post by EnPhreg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:57 pm

had my first crash this morning. :sad:

it was on test version of main multi installer w/hob patch but since it shares same files I am sure same error would happen on ECM.

good news is I was able to track it down to the klingon starbase and should be posting replacement link asap after some more testing.

crash will happen when entering combat and CTD. It does not happen every time since I had several combats involving starbases prior to crash.

although starbase phaser slot was the problem. also this CTD might also happen with federation starbase.
file updated with fix for starbase crash error 5-20-16
were also the mod specific hob patch files from this topic 'Vanilla Evade/Retreat Crash fix' updated with this fix? or was it only vanilla/ecm related?

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:46 pm

EnPhreg wrote:were also the mod specific hob patch files from this topic 'Vanilla Evade/Retreat Crash fix' updated with this fix? or was it only vanilla/ecm related?
this was trek.exe related patch and installers were updated on 5-20-16. But these installers are no longer available, The All in one installer replaces all those files and has all the updated patches/files.

rpeterson2205
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by rpeterson2205 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:08 am

Playing this mod now. When do the minor race ships show up? I expect to see at least some Vulcans running around by turn 50...

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:59 am

rpeterson2205 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:08 am
Playing this mod now. When do the minor race ships show up? I expect to see at least some Vulcans running around by turn 50...
ECM 4.0 uses very different code for minor race growth. If you start at tech 1 and minor ships require tech 5 it will take a long time since minors will not advance tech above your current tech.

Return to “Error Correction Mod”