1.0.3 project

Error Correction Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I've found the place where botf decides whether to use plasma.hob or phaser.hob

At 0x95757 replace 74 66 with 90 90 and it'll pick plasma.hob exclusively. If you have a fight between romulans nd klingons, it works but doesn't look good.

You we're right thunderchero, it fires like a cannon, but the graphic is sideways.

Looks like this for Romulans:

I think it might be possible to activate this only for ships with the second phaser data present and let the rest use phaser.hob, but the graphics need to get fixed before it's usable.

EDIT: if you move the camera it sometime looks decent (pointed from the romulan scout to the colony ship). It's like the graphics representation depends on the camera angle instead of the ship as it should.

EDIT 2: just a thought. I have hades installed. Can someone without hades try this? make sure it's klingons vs romulans or the game will crash.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

DCER wrote:I think it might be possible to activate this only for ships with the second phaser data present and let the rest use phaser.hob, but the graphics need to get fixed before it's usable.
That sounds promissing. :D

The problem is still there's no ingame display of third weapon stats.

Yep, as I said we would need a full 3D redo. But maybe a simple editing of plasma_2.gif -> rotate 90 degrees left all six sub pics will do the job ad interim? (and scale adjusting)

And you can also avoid crashes if you copy & rename plasma hobs for the minor and 3 other empires.

EDIT: We could use it also e.g. for giving the feds quantum torpedo graphics only for certain ships.
Last edited by Spocks-cuddly-tribble on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I'll open a new topic so we don't spam here. The plasma code is in better shape than I thought ;)

Return to “Error Correction Mod”