Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Removed Immortality trait from the Bajorans :mrgreen:
Fixed a couple of issues with the build queue.
Fixed a bug with retired agents.
The AI should handle Moon Habitation and Health Centre better.
Owned Science Stations no longer prevent science ships from surveying stellar phenomena (was intended but kind of made SCI3 useless).

Fed taxes lowered.
Less Trade Routes for all empires.
Card support ships have regular hull values / duranium costs.
Tweaks to some other ships.

Feedback, especially on these data changes, is extremely welcome.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

BTW, about Corinth,there was a SitRep about your invasion forces being repelled by Federation defenses? I'm curious about that entire chain of events - to check if there wasn't anything fishy.
(those federation forces were in fact human rebels, correct?)
Simply I was too short-handed by one troop ship, despite green color in the assault screen.
They have rebelled that turn, just after the assault.
Ok. Should I fix both the Feds' morale to 100, and the negative treasuries of the empires?
I thought that Feds' morale was low also in effect of my assaults, but I don't mind 100% morale again.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:45 am Simply I was too short-handed by one troop ship, despite green color in the assault screen.
The color code is just a rough estimate, I might need to tweak it a bit.
Though the "uncertainty" is kind of intended. Notice that deploying at least one more TT than the minimum required (by the color code) not only ensures a victory but also makes sure the subjugated colony will have a larger garrison (the more TTs you deploy, the better in this regard). Larger garrisons are better at preventing rebellions.

They have rebelled that turn, just after the assault.
Probably as a result of your invasion, in that you eliminated most of its garrison. With zero morale and only a token garrison, the colony was ripe for a rebellion.

I thought that Feds' morale was low also in effect of my assaults, but I don't mind 100% morale again.
Yes, it is, it has nothing to do with credits if that's what you thought I was saying.
Losing Sol must have hurt them badly, possibly losing member minors and having systems rebel too.
With zero morale and a negative treasury, they're as good as dead.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Here you go. I issued a few orders so that you wouldn't lose a whole turn, hope you don't mind. If you want the save with just the fixes , LMK and I'll re-upload.

I've noticed 2 more issues that I need to address:
- Since I've filtered all factions out of the diplo screen (because it can potentially become very populated), you can't declare war on the Human Rebels in Corinth... so you cannot subjugate it.
- in a colony, if there's nothing under construction (default to Trade Goods), and you order a PF or SY upgrade (Buildings are ok), the upgrade will not replace the TG and thus it will never get built as the build queue is not processed...

I'll also look into making rebellions take into account if the colony is under attack.
Attachments
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 367.zip
(741.58 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Thank you!
I think I will play a couple of turns, maybe during this weekend, just to check how the last patch works and probably start a new game.
Unfortunately I might be busy in next two weeks :(
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

- in a colony, if there's nothing under construction (default to Trade Goods), and you order a PF or SY upgrade (Buildings are ok), the upgrade will not replace the TG and thus it will never get built as the build queue is not processed...
Sorry, but all upgrades are impossible, including buildings, maybe apart sensors. I tried your corrected save and my last save and a new game as well. :(

For now, the only option is to destroy all given type buildings and construct new ones. Quite tough for food supply :wink:
Last edited by geordie on Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 am
Sorry, but all upgrades are impossible, including buildings, maybe apart sensors. I tried your corrected save and my last save and a new game as well. :(

For now, the only option is to destroy all given type buildings and construct new ones. Quite tough for food supply :wink:
That's not what I'm seeing... I can upgrade not just scanners but also medical centres (all Buildings, like I said), and OBs too. Just tried in a new game (I had checked your saves before).
Notice that this only happens if the build slot was empty. In that case, you can still (as a workaround) order something else to be built, and then the upgrade; the queue is then processed correctly, and the upgrade is built.

What is the problem with food supply that you are experiencing, related to this? Is it only with upgrading Food PFs? Though that's inconvenient, it's hardly critical, as you're going to (potentially) need *less* PFs, not more.

I'll try to find the problem, and fix.

I've been reworking the Colonies and Shipyards tabs in the Assets screen, should be better now.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

My new game screenshot:
Screenshot (56).jpg
Screenshot (56).jpg (603.35 KiB) Viewed 2438 times
Sorry, the last sentence was a joke, you cannot destroy all food building to construct upgraded ones. No colony likes starvation.

It is strange - I tried to add other building and next an upgrade. But after removing the first line (the other building) I still get the Trade Goods in that place.

I'll check that on my laptop
Last edited by geordie on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hehe. Right.

Yes, you need to let it finish building. Just build a PF that you need, and then the upgrade.
As soon as I get this fixed, I'll upload a new patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, so I found and fixed the bug, and made some of those data changes in the Dominion thread.
I'll just do some more testing, and then release the patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

For now, factions (rebel and subjugated colonies) do not require a declaration of war to be attacked - while we decide how to handle this.

Decreased the chance of rebellion for a colony that just repelled an invasion.

+Regard buildings only have an effect on Friendly+ civs (minor and major).

A few data changes in the Dominion, most notably TGL changed from +1 Morale EW to +3 Morale. Needs to be tested!

Will upload in a few minutes.

(re-uploaded the patch, minor thingie with rebellion prevention after repelled invasion - only 2 people had downloaded it)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:56 pm A few data changes in the Dominion, most notably TGL changed from +1 Morale EW to +3 Morale. Needs to be tested!
This requires a new game, started with this patch.
There were also some ships stats tweaks.

Some feedback on the changes in the Colonies and Shipyards tabs in the Assets screen is also welcome.
Scottymac
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Scottymac »

Personally I like the changes in the Colonies and Shipyard tabs. I played a couple of Huge map games and it seems cleaner to me. Also appears to be fewer errors/crashes with high numbers of colonies.
McFly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by McFly »

hi,
how can I camouflage the Defiant?

or deactivate the Borg as opponents?

thx
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Some feedback on the changes in the Colonies and Shipyards tabs in the Assets screen is also welcome.
I also prefer both new tabs. especially for huge galaxy games, but....

As you might remember I had Deuterium shortage problem recently, so now would be far more difficult to find systems with Deuterium. Maybe smaller system planets presentations, fitting to new layout would be useful or a new icon (like small nebula) for Deuterium beside Dilithium and Duranium icons.

I also see a real need for some filtering the data, mainly in system tab. I though about something similar to Excel filters, but first we need some tad headers. For example to choose only subjugated Romulan colonies, or minor members, or systems with Dilithium, etc. Or a search option to find a specific system. Of course all those functions are important in huge galaxies mainly.

Return to “Supremacy”