star trek supremacy

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

peter81
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

star trek supremacy

Post by peter81 »

hi guys! surfing on the web I've found this fangame http://www.startreksupremacy.com/

what do you think about? is worth downloading it? anyway it looks like unfinished
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

It's an ongoing project, some of the game developers are in here from time to time...check the forums for more info.
peter81
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by peter81 »

thanks army37, hence I'll be waiting for the finished product! meanwhile what mod can I play? I have been playng the normal BoF until now. lookin for easy one, suitable for a novice!
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

@Peter81 check out the multimod page :-)

viewtopic.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=6

regards peter1981
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

peter81,

well there is plenty of very good mods, All the Ages, Galaxies, UDM 3, UM4 to name a few. Altho they are kindda hard for a novice so play the lowest level at the beginning....the AI is somewhat more aggressive than in the original game thanks to our master modders here.

If you want to add your own flavor to the mod you wanna play with, use UE (Ultimate Editor) to add new ships (check the shippacks section in the download area), change stats of your stabases and outposts.

Have fun!
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I loved the AAM mod. I have played it too much, that I need to take a break from BotF right now. When I come back I am going to play the Domion mod.
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
GameNinja83
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: star trek supremacy

Post by GameNinja83 »

hello folks. i'm a bit of a lie low user of armadafleetcommmand.com coming to check out and try mods for what is quite simply one of the games i've never stopped playing in BOTF.

In the last few days i started wondering for the first time in a good few years if there was ever going to be a follow up to BOTF (an idea i had previously given up on) so i did a little fishing and came across Star Trek Supremacy (this may be old news to a lot of you but bare with me!)

From what i can work out development has stopped and Supremacy remains unfinished (which would be a great shame from what i've seen).

So a couple of questions...... Has development stopped?.... if not can someone point me in the right direction to get involved in some way? If development has stoppped i want to revive this project. This may sound ambitious but Supremacy has a great base and i would love nothing more than to see it to its conclusion if its no longer happening.

Unfortunatly i will need help. Although i have recently enroled in OU for a BSC in computer software enginering and programing (in an attempt to chase a career i have put off for far to long due to circumstance) at the moment i lack any real applied knolage in games devlopment (i hope this doesn't put you off!! but please remember Rome wasn't built in a day)

If you are able and willing to help me in any way with information on Supremacy, where things stand, to help in the rivival (if its no longer running) in any way you can please feel free to message me or repost on the forum. This really is something i want to see happen and a great project to take me where i want to go anyway. Lets keep the dream alive people spread the word.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

here is last post on here from KennethOfBorg he would be the one to talk to I guess at http://www.botf2.star-trek-games.com . but I do not think it is dead just slow progress.
KennethOfBorg wrote:I have been building ships and stations as well as animating game video for Birth of the Federation II, Star Trek Supremacy. It is in an alpha stage and coded in C#. I have not worked on the game code but want to use Unity to build a combat engine for the game. It sounds like you have a much better background for that than I do. The project is at http://www.botf2.star-trek-games.com/se ... d=newposts if you want to check it out. The alpha can be downloaded http://www.startreksupremacy.com
BTW I deleted your double post. :sad:

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

first, Supremacy is not a dead project
development is slow but Mike, the main developer behind that project, is still working on it when he finds time
recently there was a little progress and Bloodwurm joined to help out a bit in programming
that said there's alot of work remaining and Supremacy has a huge code base with more than 200000 lines of code
it will be very challenging to get used to and do qualitative work, but help is very welcome over there
to get involved join the botf2 forum on http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/index.php

you can grab the code from bitbucket I think, is posted somewhere over there
as Mike is a busy man and you won't learn all the code over night I'd recommend to first talk Kenneth_of_Borg, he tries to learn some programming too in order to write a combat engine

beside that BotF is not a dead project either, we're still modding on it
and for myself I'm developing a new Engine for it you can take a look over here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2606 ;)
GameNinja83
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by GameNinja83 »

thanks for your help. I do have the alpha 7 version of it and love it. sorry about the double post wasn't sure about the best place to put it so if in doubt twice was better than once. but thanks again :smile:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

alpha 7? you talk of BotE then, not Supremacy :!:
GameNinja83
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by GameNinja83 »

No it is Supremacy. might be coz i was bouncing around in the process of looking for BOTF2 and i remember seeing Alpha7 version somewhere at some point i thiught that was the one i downloaded or not as the case may be :!:

Return to “Supremacy”