Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by AndrewOshawott »

BlazeBlack wrote:No problem :D

Supernova: Ha, should of thought of that. Thanks.

S.Events: Huh, I have yet to encounter the Borg then. Must be later on if you start with Early age? Like until you reach what...tech level 7...8 when the Borg show? And I'll have to look for that topic then, Thanks!
I've hit max tech in my save file (I'm at like turn 450ish) No borg (Or dominion)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Borg should be spawned at game start, as long as Special Events are on. And the Dominion should always be spawned... Never had any problem with this.
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

Iceman wrote:The Borg should be spawned at game start, as long as Special Events are on. And the Dominion should always be spawned... Never had any problem with this.
Ik it's just Its kinda hard getting into the Gamma Quadrant being canon Alpha Quadrant (Cardassians) without wormhole access, but I didn't know the borg worked that way
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

For now they do. They do explore though, so you might bump into them eventually.
BlazeBlack
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by BlazeBlack »

If you're playing large or huge galaxy as any race in the Alpha or Beta quadrants, it will definitely take a while before meeting with the Dominion. I mostly play small or tiny just to check out anything new or to get set for the huge and I always meet the Dominion off the bat, whether you use Canon or Random home location.

As for the Borg, ive yet to meet them on my current (tiny galaxy) setting but i havent crossed into the Delta Quadrant yet so...imma have to send an expedition on a suicide run!!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

On a Tiny galaxy, they should bump into you really early, at least if you start in the Beta quadrant. Are you sure you have Special Events on?

I've implemented liberating subjugated native systems for the next release BTW. And a few fixes and improvements.
BlazeBlack
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by BlazeBlack »

Quick suggestion for the next release. Even though you can move the scroll bars or use the arrow keys for the galaxy map but couldn't we also use the middle mouse button too? Like click and hold the middle mouse button to move the map? It just becomes a bit tedious to constantly move the map with the arrow keys or scroll bars if you're using a laptop xP

Edit: almost forgot to ask. I keep seeing that there's an upgrade option to upgrade ships to the next tier... How do you use it? Does it work? Because it be nice to be able to upgrade Scout 1 or Cruiser 1 to Scout 2 or Cruiser 2. I've tried but there doesn't seem to be an option to do it.
BlazeBlack
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by BlazeBlack »

Guess I should mention this, though I figure someone has before but, what about a Delete button for the save files? I know you could easily delete the files by going into the folder, but just for those who don't know how :P

Course, suppose the constant release of a new build would make it a little redundant :P ha
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

BlazeBlack wrote:Quick suggestion for the next release. Even though you can move the scroll bars or use the arrow keys for the galaxy map but couldn't we also use the middle mouse button too? Like click and hold the middle mouse button to move the map? It just becomes a bit tedious to constantly move the map with the arrow keys or scroll bars if you're using a laptop xP

Guess I should mention this, though I figure someone has before but, what about a Delete button for the save files? I know you could easily delete the files by going into the folder, but just for those who don't know how :P
I feel your pain in both these points, I suggested them years ago ;) They're in the tracker already, I looked into the middle mouse button one a few months ago but had to put it on hold to work on more pressing issues...

Edit: almost forgot to ask. I keep seeing that there's an upgrade option to upgrade ships to the next tier... How do you use it? Does it work? Because it be nice to be able to upgrade Scout 1 or Cruiser 1 to Scout 2 or Cruiser 2. I've tried but there doesn't seem to be an option to do it.
Nope, not yet. I was hoping to look into that "next", but I've been tying up loose ends... But now that you've mentioned this, I might just make it a priority ;)

I've been fixing the sound effects in the game, and I'm improving the Borg a bit right now. Should be releasing a new build soon.
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

Iceman wrote:
BlazeBlack wrote:Edit: almost forgot to ask. I keep seeing that there's an upgrade option to upgrade ships to the next tier... How do you use it? Does it work? Because it be nice to be able to upgrade Scout 1 or Cruiser 1 to Scout 2 or Cruiser 2. I've tried but there doesn't seem to be an option to do it.
Nope, not yet. I was hoping to look into that "next", but I've been tying up loose ends... But now that you've mentioned this, I might just make it a priority ;)

I've been fixing the sound effects in the game, and I'm improving the Borg a bit right now. Should be releasing a new build soon.
Outposts and Starbases should go before ships due to the game's scrapping mechanics (You could upgrade outposts and starbases only by scrapping and remaking them, but this is limited due to the scrapping limit)

Also, hearing a new build releasing soon sounds like music to my ears.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

All I have uploaded new game images for download. (Valcoren Game Images Update 01292017)

You will find 3 folders listed. (copy and back up your original files if you choose to keep them)
Copy file contents in the associated resource folders in the game folder.

as always! Enjoy.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

They look much better!
A couple of observations:

Nebula - in the system panel and in the assets screen, the edges of the nebula getting cut because it doesn't fit totally in the image frame kind of spoils it

Wormhole - maybe mirroring it vertically to free the top left corner, since some fleet icons are kind of masked when you zoom out because of their (similar) color (Dom mostly, Rom)

Black Hole - I sat'ed your image and in my game I'm using a blue-ish version, but it's just a matter of personal taste really

--

Have you looked into the issue of the volume of your themes? Or should I release them as is?

Thanks!
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Yes, I have reduced the master levels by 30% and are uploaded. So you can push them in the new release.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Got the tracks, thanks!
I noticed that the Romulan theme was changed, and the other/previous one (Romulus Sun) was not included and therefore currently does not have the volume reduced to the others' level. If it is to be included, can you do the same as the others and upload it?

Also, can you please name the tracks exactly how you want them to be called? A couple had their names changed, the Klingons probably by accident, the Cardassians I'm not sure. And the new Romulan one?
Just want to get everything right.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:Got the tracks, thanks!
I noticed that the Romulan theme was changed, and the other/previous one (Romulus Sun) was not included and therefore currently does not have the volume reduced to the others' level. If it is to be included, can you do the same as the others and upload it?

Also, can you please name the tracks exactly how you want them to be called? A couple had their names changed, the Klingons probably by accident, the Cardassians I'm not sure. And the new Romulan one?
Just want to get everything right.
Done :-)

Return to “Supremacy”