Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch.
Fixed the issue with the AI suffering from starvation (introduced in the 18apr patch).
Some improvements to AI colony management.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

BTW, a few data changes I made in the patches will only take effect when a new game is started.
Namely, the Vorta Cloning Lab (in games started with the release version it will affect diplomatic exchanges involving credits as explained in another thread [+PercentExternalAffairs bonus]), and the Klingons' Dilithium Gulag (which now has an output of 2).
I think there were more, but these are the most significant ones.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

As a seeker of weird details I would like to know you about unusual case of upgrading Klingon's Security Centre
Screenshot (1).jpg
Screenshot (1).jpg (275.86 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
I wanted to build Security mark 9, but got immediately mark 10 without chosing upgrade. After that the mark 10 was listed as available in that system.
Other detail - after assaulting Roms' system I could build the Health Centre despite they have already had The Imperial Hospital.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hehe. Do you have a savegame for this?

Re bug #1: When you gave the order to build those levels 10s in the build queue, what did you click / what was available in the build list?
a) Upgrade to level 10
b) Level 9
c) Level 10
:?:

Re bug #2: I think I spotted the problem, it would be nice if you have a savegame prior to taking the system, to try to reproduce.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

SP Klingons Huge Irregular 305.zip
(688.49 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
OK. For Healh Care please check the newly subjugated Romulus system.
As I looked at the security case it is unfortunate, but more logical now. Please see Vulcan. I had no Security Centre in the system and mark 9 in the queue and after research of mark 10 it is possible to add that one too.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Is this save before you upgraded? I'll check this is a while, but if not, if you have one from before please don't delete it! :wink:
Even if I have this fixed, there is still another situation where this problem will present itself - though it might be rare.
Damn upgradeable buildings... I think this is the same issue as with the scanner in the Cytherians homesystem someone reported some time ago.

I'm curious about that one. When you researched level 10, was the level 9 intel in the build slot (already being built, with % complete) or in the build queue (waiting to be started) ?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

SP Klingons Huge Irregular 303.zip
(681.79 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
That save in one turn before completing the research, but you have to increase the Biotech research to 50% this turn.
As you can check in Vulcan build queue the Security Centres level 9 are listed there.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, so the Health Centre issue is fixed.
There's another similar issue that is not, though - Romulus has a Particle Simulator already built, but you can build the Holographic Simulator too (they should obsolete each other).

I managed to repro the Vulcan issue, will see about fixing it.

And I found another issue. When the Echo Papa was fighting a Fed Scout, its shields recharged over their max value...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed the issues mentioned above.

I really need to tone down those global research buildings... you're probably making ~200k in bonuses, more than twice your base research.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I haven't posted in a while, but that doesn't mean I'm slacking :wink:

I've been overhauling the colony management AI code, to make it more robust, and be able to face adversities. Should be almost done - for now.

Also made a few changes according to feedback:
- lowered frequency of scripted events
- made Vorta agents have longer careers, and Jem'Hadar agents shorter

Tweaked a few of the data files.
Trying to make it so that non-native systems can only build the generic structures. Minor race homesystems, whether members or subjugated, should be limited to *their* tech trees though, which might be interesting. Still need to fix Intel PFs.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Recently I was able to play only on my old laptop due to OOM crashes on my PC.
Now I am stopped also here and cannot progress or omit other crash after assaulting Unimatrix01.
Error 20200506.txt
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Log 20200506.txt
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 345.zip
(670.25 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
At least it doesn't look like OOM error.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Glad you can play the game on your old laptop. Though that might indicate that the problem is your PC?
It's not a OoM error this time, no :wink:
I've fixed the crash, thanks! And fixed your savegame so that you can continue. I just hit end turn, so you might have "lost" a turn there.
I'll probably release a new patch soon, so if you want to wait to play this turn, I'll just have to clean up the code a bit.
Attachments
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 346.zip
(658.83 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Thanks, but I still get exactly the same crash. I get the crash even if I do not assault Unimatrix01 - then there is no error in the log.txt.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sorry, you need the patch. I'm really tired, I'm not thinking all that straight...
I'll upload a new patch as soon as I can - I've noticed a couple more issues in your game, as usual :wink:

57 CRU3s didn't manage to glass Unimatrix01 in one turn... :shock:
I might also revisit (again) the damage formula, 9 (million) Borg survived the onslaught.

Good thing that the game allows multi-ship selection though! Trying to break that fleet up into 2 to go after the other colonies would be extremely painful otherwise...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch, so that geordie can continue his game asap :wink: Don't want to keep him from kicking Borg @$$ for too long.

Added the new images for the moons, courtesy of erazortt and NASA :grin: Only the first 4 of the 5 will show in game for now.

Added new PFs for the Borg. The names need to be changed (that's all I could think of...), and pics and descriptions are needed.
They will not work very well yet, as I haven't added the code to convert them on assimilation.

Changed the gal gen code a bit to try to prevent it occasionally failing on Spiral galaxies.

Fixed an issue with bombarding Borg garrisons, and changed its effects a bit.

Return to “Supremacy”