Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

That's a refresh problem I haven't managed to fix yet...
If you re-assign one pop block from Research or Intel, I think it will fix the display, but I'm not sure. Can you check please?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It's possible to correct, but requires several re-assignments of population.
Here is the save:
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 321.zip
(639.48 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
I suppose the Icor system is a very good example of that problem.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks! I'll try the fix I just coded, and let you know.
I also fixed a few things in AI colony management that were hampering its development.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have got again that endless loop error (Processing turm, resolving combat) in my last game (without last Experimental patch), but with an error log this time (attached).
So I have two games, with the last patch and without it and I cannot make any progress in both cases.
Error 20210422.txt
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Edit: Sorry, I tried one more time and it is an error during a battle, not turn-end. Simply I was able to click 2 times before the game was frozen.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the log, it was very useful! I think I have fixed it.

I think the issue you mentioned in the screenshot above about conquered systems and their Production Facility assignments and outputs is also fixed.

I'll upload a new patch shortly. Can you check these issues please? And also that error when completely conquering an empire that you mentioned a couple of days ago.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patches for both branches.
A bunch of fixes, some of them rather important for the AI.
Not sure if the annoyance with the cloaked fleet being a pushover is fixed or not, depends on what the cause for that particular situation is - I tried to improve the code for AI assaults. It might be related to retreats though.
Member minors now only transfer half their taxes to the empire's treasury - greedy bastards keep some for themselves. This is an attempt to make subjugated colonies more competitive. We're discussing also reducing research by half too, like in subjugated colonies.

In the newAI patch I included a savegame that can be sort of fun to try - the map has some resemblances to a canon map. It's a Medium map though, at Supreme, played as the Cardassians.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi,
I restarted my game with the Experimental-5 patch, it looked quite good, but I got a collateral (I believed) error in the third turn. I am pretty sure that it was connected to the set up my destroyers to interception. The game works without that intercept order.
Screenshot (24).jpg
Screenshot (24).jpg (579.96 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
Error 20210423.txt
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have tested the morale effect after a subjugation of last colony of enemy empire in last patch and the results are... inconclusive. The change was too radical and probably makes a subjugation of other empire impossible.

The changes in morale level of my Romulan systems were following:

Enif 135 75 Rebellion
Eltanin 139 80 Rebellion
M'kemas 135 75 Rebellion
Minkar 136 76 Rebellion
Omega Sagittarii 136 76 29
Marejaretus 124 65 29
Tavela Minor 153 100 46
Loracus 131 72 Rebellion
Aucdet 137 58 29
Romulus 137 72 29
Porrima 145 85 31
Sadalsuud 154 100 48
Phact 97 41 39
Asterope 97 n/a 29

First column represents the morale level before last patch (with euphoric reaction for the collapse of mother empire), second one is from the last turn before last system conquest (Asterope) and the last one is a turn later - 5 systems successfully rebelled.
Last edited by geordie on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:03 pm Hi,
I restarted my game with the Experimental-5 patch, it looked quite good, but I got a collateral (I believed) error in the third turn. I am pretty sure that it was connected to the set up my destroyers to interception. The game works without that intercept order.
Yep, it's related to intercept order. A missing check. Will fix asap.
:up:

First column represents the morale level before last patch (with euphoric reaction for the collapse of mother empire), second one is from the last turn before last system conquest (Asterope) and the last one is a turn later - 5 systems successfully rebelled.
Those are some very weird results...
Some of the small differences might be explained by local morale bonuses in some colonies. Some might be under an Unrest order?
Can you post that savegame before taking the last system please, so I can check each colony and see what's happening? Thanks!

As a side note, I think I may need to re-upload the experimental patch as the fix for the AI building lots of ships of the same type might actually be preventing it from building more ships.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have a save game 5 turns older. Is that OK?
It's enough to press 'turn' 5 times, but in the meantime: 1) redirect 2 troop ships approaching Phact to Asterope (it saves 1 turn of travel), 2) conquer Phact, 3) start Inquisition in all Romulan system where needed
Sorry, I can do above but in the evening the earliest.
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 275.zip
(619.09 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have tested population re-allocation and related production outcome in two conquered systems after installing Experimental-5 patch and it worked precisely as it should be! :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new experimental AI patch.
- fixed the intercept order crash, and a bug in the logic
- improved the Borg fleet management AI a bit
- the AI empires should now not stop building ships at some point

@geordie
The morale issue, so far and AFAICT it is being handled properly - notice that some of those colonies have 3 buildings with -1 morale, some have 2, and some are under an Inquisition (+10). And they'll get an additional -1 for being subjugated.
BUT, 2 things:
- Romulus is only getting -1 instead of -2, because of the problem I mentioned
- these colonies are getting all the morale bonuses from the empire, including bombardment and subjugation of Romulan colonies (and colonization of new systems, signing/breaking treaties, etc)

I need to check it further though.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK. I tested the same variant of acquisition of Romulan empire, but 5 turns the last colony assault I removed all building causing morale penalties apart Forced Labour Farms.
The morale changes were following:

Enif 135 81 Rebellion
Eltanin 139 90 Rebellion
M'kemas 135 81 Rebellion
Minkar 136 82 Rebellion
Omega Sagittarii 136 82 24
Marejaretus 124 95 47
Tavela Minor 153 100 Rebellion
Loracus 131 82 Rebellion
Aucdet 137 78 34
Romulus 137 82 24
Porrima 145 91 33
Sadalsuud 154 100 43
Phact 97 43 24
Asterope 97 n/a 24

The morale before assaulting the last system was better, but I lost one system more.
It clearly confirms that the morale modifier for falling the empire are far too strong. It should cause grief and mourning, so apathy, but why rage? Too late for that....
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yea, in that build I had made the EliminateEmpire modifier not apply to your Romulan colonies - which would make sense, but ended up in that catastrophe. So now it applies again :???:
It is much less harsh now. Here are the numbers for 3 different scenarios
- immediate subjugation of Asterope
- bombardment for 1 turn and then subjugation
- bombardment for 2 turns destroying Asterope

Numbers add up correctly, except in the 3rd scenario where the last bombardment does not apply the BombardSystem modifier it seems - will check why.

Modifiers are: +50 for EliminateEmpire -30 in Native colonies +4 subjugate / +2 bombard -5 per rebellion -1 subjugated -x buildings
Attachments
morale.png
morale.png (33.13 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:46 am The morale before assaulting the last system was better, but I lost one system more.
It clearly confirms that the morale modifier for falling the empire are far too strong. It should cause grief and mourning, so apathy, but why rage? Too late for that....
There are ways to prevent those rebellions: keeping morale high enough so that the -30 modifier doesn't drive the colony too deep into unrest; having an Inquisition in effect; having a station in the system; having a high enough garrison in the colony.

Made a few more fixes and improvements, will be available soon.
The Borg AI should handle the construction of transwarp hubs a lot better.
The AI in general should handle the management of its fleets a bit better.
The effects of liberating a colony were improved.
The Plague event now causes some casualties to the colony's Garrison. :wink:

Return to “Supremacy”