Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Great save there, thanks!
I've noticed a few things to fix.

One of the things that stands out in your game is that you have 8 colonized nebulae, each with The Great Link, for a whooping +8 morale empire-wide; I guess that's a bit of an overkill :wink:
I should probably revert it back to OnePerEmpire :?: The idea was not to make it that strong...
The K-W Factory and the Vorta Cloning Lab should enough of an advantage. Even the Cloning Lab might be a bit much.

The Klingons declared war on you this time :wink: You have no allies and are involved in a few wars, so chance was much higher. Might have something to do with them being working on an affiliation with the Romulans.
One thing I'm not sure about, should all those member minor races be declaring war on the Klingons :?: Or should only allied empires do that?
(their status didn't change though, so that's something to look into)

Still needs to be tested in member and subjugated colonies though.
Member minor race colonies are ok, need to test subjugated minor and faction colonies.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

One of the things that stands out in your game is that you have 8 colonized nebulae, each with The Great Link, for a whooping +8 morale empire-wide; I guess that's a bit of an overkill :wink:
I should probably revert it back to OnePerEmpire :?: The idea was not to make it that strong...
In fact the effect ot that was not so high, because population consists of fanatics anyway. Consider a bonus +2 morale with only one the Great Link possible.
The Klingons declared war on you this time :wink:
After the changes other empires are not so eager to declare war, but hate enough any travels thru their space to do that.
Member minor race colonies are ok, need to test subjugated minor and faction colonies.

I had a chance to check that the subjugated systems were affected as well.

BTW - the Dominium suffers a lot from the Dilitium shortage. I acquired almost all available free systems with the Dilitium presence and it was far not enough to build sufficient fleet (having 3 or 4 wars :lol:)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:29 pm BTW - the Dominium suffers a lot from the Dilitium shortage. I acquired almost all available free systems with the Dilitium presence and it was far not enough to build sufficient fleet (having 3 or 4 wars :lol:)
Yea, I noticed that too. Though you did build a boatload of high end cruisers, and very few attack ships :wink:

One of these days I'll have to go through all the ships and increase the Hull a bit for higher level ships - I think current Duranium production can support that.
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Warms my heart every time I step in this thread to see lots of activity still. :)
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Blake!
Glad to see you keeping up with the project. :up:

I'm currently fixing a few things (the Borg were not dying from "starvation"... :???: ) and trying to get Auto Build to work, and then I'll release a new patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:29 am Consider also adding a SitRep when system population is full - it would allow to optimize the population allocation in slow growing system, like with 1% grow. As always for me it is a side problem in huge galaxies and I am too lazy to make notes.
Done.

Also, smallish improvement in auto-assignment of population to farms to prevent starvation.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
AutoBuild is NOT working yet (the button doesn't do anything).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Forgot to mention, the AI empires now build more ships (fixed the formula).

Back to this:
One thing I'm not sure about, should all those member minor races be declaring war on the Klingons :?: Or should only allied empires do that?
Situation:
The (AI) Klingons declared war on the (human) Dominion; as a consequence, all minor races that are members of the Dominion declared war on the Klingons.
Besides not showing all those SitReps (which I'm working on right now), should the member *minor* civs declare war on the Klingons? Or should only allied empires declare war? (Regard is affected in both cases regardless)
Attachments
MinorsDeclareWar.png
MinorsDeclareWar.png (107.01 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I haven't too much time to play recently, after last patch, but I can confirm that the changes you announced simply are working! At least those I can see (so apart AI changes). Thanks for the population sitrep.
Those sitreps of minor member declaring war are unnecessary, they are the members anyway. But I was thinking what reaction of affiliated minors should be.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:08 am I haven't too much time to play recently, after last patch, but I can confirm that the changes you announced simply are working! At least those I can see (so apart AI changes). Thanks for the population sitrep.
:up:
I still want the AI to build even more ships when at war, I will tweak this a bit further.

Those sitreps of minor member declaring war are unnecessary, they are the members anyway. But I was thinking what reaction of affiliated minors should be.
Yea, I've already removed them.
Re member minors, do you think they should automatically be at war with the other civ, or simply get a Regard penalty :?:
Re affiliated minors, maybe a (smaller) Regard penalty only :?:

Fixed an issue with OBs in the build list, fixed a few issues with SitReps, added a SitRep when an hostile fleet arrives at one of your systems.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed a combat hang with 3+ civs, and some smallish stuff.
Tweaked some ships in the database.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re-uploaded.
You could capture your own envoys... :roll: fixed.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Re member minors, do you think they should automatically be at war with the other civ, or simply get a Regard penalty :?:
I assume a Regard penalty in both cases.
I am not sure how the membership is defined and what are member's obligations. As I am commanding minors' fleets, up to scrapping them - what else being at war means? For me the members should be at war.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have met an error, which I cannot pass. I checked that 3 times on 2 computers.
Error 20210815.txt
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Log 20210815.txt
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Maybe last save would be useful:
SP Dominion Huge Irregular 440.zip
(713.73 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
In last turn I attacked a shipyard in Corneria system, moved my fleet from sector 23,63 to Mempa system, which resulted in a battle and attacked batteries in Carinae Delta system.

In addition, please check a strange battery construction choice in Rutia system. I suppose it appeared after a destruction of first batteries there.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:06 am
I assume a Regard penalty in both cases.
I am not sure how the membership is defined and what are member's obligations. As I am commanding minors' fleets, up to scrapping them - what else being at war means? For me the members should be at war.
All of them? Including Peaceful and Pacifist minors?
Warlike minors sure, they should be at war. Not really sure about the rest.

I have met an error, which I cannot pass. I checked that 3 times on 2 computers.
Error 20210815.txt
Found the issue. You must have destroyed a Cardassian fleet in orbit of Corneria? The shipyard was repairing a ship there. Will try to fix later today.

Log 20210815.txt
I haven't fully fixed this one yet because it is really only useful if you want to mod the invasion sounds and whatnot. But it should be rather easy to fix now, most of the fix is already in place.

In addition, please check a strange battery construction choice in Rutia system. I suppose it appeared after a destruction of first batteries there.
Odd. Will have to check that one. After dinner :wink:

Thanks!

Return to “Supremacy”