Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Hi, in my last game I have two comments about Cardassians:
- Cards have no advantages in diplomacy, even among deceptive minor races - all Regard/Trust points are just standard 500/500
- I found that my unpowered Central Command disappeared form structures list and required a construction again
Screenshot (06).jpg
Screenshot (06).jpg (839.68 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Do you have a savegame from the previous turn, or a turn where the colony is already building the CC?

I think the Borg shipbuilding AI is kind of borked, will need to check.
But empires are expanding rather well, I'd say.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

This time I have only a save 5 turns older or from last turn.
SP Cardassians Medium Irregular 202.zip
(443.47 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Iceman wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:50 pm Do you have a savegame from the previous turn, or a turn where the colony is already building the CC? ......
Surprised you have not setup a saved game folder that automatically save last 10 saves for error testing.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

thunderchero wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:28 pm
Iceman wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:50 pm Do you have a savegame from the previous turn, or a turn where the colony is already building the CC? ......
Surprised you have not setup a saved game folder that automatically save last 10 saves for error testing.
And why would I put such a strain on everyone's disks if I can just ask for saves when needed ? :wink:
We have actually thought about that some time ago.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:02 pm Hi, in my last game I have two comments about Cardassians:
- Cards have no advantages in diplomacy, even among deceptive minor races - all Regard/Trust points are just standard 500/500
Hmm, I think I know what happened. Will fix, thanks! :up:

Your save also might help with another bug I had spotted some time ago.

- I found that my unpowered Central Command disappeared form structures list and required a construction again
That part worked fine for me...
But I see an empty fleet in Cardassia. :???:
I think you need an exorcist :mrgreen:

Oh, and good news, in your game there's an empire that is building TTs :cool:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

That part worked fine for me...
I am not falsifying my screenshots :twisted: ....... :grin:
Seriously - it could be accidental. I remember that I had a similar one at least once in the past, but really quite some time ago.
But I see an empty fleet in Cardassia.
I had no fleet in Cardassia. I was close to a war against Feds, so I moved all my fleet close to that border.
I think you need an exorcist :mrgreen:
Sorry, I am not resetting my Windows to its initial settings again....
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I wasn't suggesting you would!
It's just strange that you get all these weird situations that no one else seems to have, that's all. It's not Windows related, apparently.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I was mainly joking, but I think my cases require some... preparations:
- huge galaxy
- advance game - more than 150 colonies
- at least to play 30-40 turns without a break or restart
- long list of updates in colonies, like after implementing new research or building update

The most serious problem - that series of hangs described in other topic - was somehow related (for me, no offence!) to the change in colonies screen - is that possible? Definitely it started exactly after that implementation and has not happened before.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I can't recall the specifics, but Hebrewhammer for example, played his Huge game all the way to ~660 turns, and I had no issues loading his games and playing a few turns. I can't recall if WarpCoreBreach also played Huge, but I can check.

I'm only mentioning this because there seems to be some weird stuff happening in your games - the CC issue is one such instance where what you get is different than what I get. It's puzzling me.

The most serious problem - that series of hangs described in other topic - was somehow related (for me, no offence!) to the change in colonies screen - is that possible? Definitely it started exactly after that implementation and has not happened before.
Which change in the colonies screen are you refering to?
I can revert it and see if the problem goes away.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Which change in the colonies screen are you refering to?
I can revert it and see if the problem goes away.
I was referring to the Colonies Tab and a patch around Sep 26th.
It would be really interesting for me to use the old format and compare that.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You mean the change where the star system display was removed?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:34 am It would be really interesting for me to use the old format and compare that.
Uploaded it for you to test. Returned both the Colonies tab and the Shipyards tab (though this one didn't have the planets) to their former state. LMK if there's any difference.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Thanks a lot for the patch. I really appreciate so respective approach. :up:

And... hmm... I played 3 turns flawlessly (!!!), starting from that troubled Klingon save 292, huge galaxy.

And to make it clear - I really appreciated your work and preferred newer Colonies Tab image.

BTW - could you look into my save 292? I posted it last Thursday, but it that 'Weird hang' topic.
As weird shit is my specialty :) - I have a surveyor ship in sector (69,69) - could you compare research level in that sector with adjacent sectors?
First I was only astonished that my ship couldn't survey anything and didn't notice the difference.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:15 pm Thanks a lot for the patch. I really appreciate so respective approach. :up:
That's the least I can do for an awesome tester! :up:

And... hmm... I played 3 turns flawlessly (!!!), starting from that troubled Klingon save 292, huge galaxy.
So, the problem was with the change? Are you sure? Just checking, not doubting :wink:
I'm trying to think of what might be causing it.

And to make it clear - I really appreciated your work and preferred newer Colonies Tab image.
Damn. Me too :wink:
I think the change was due to memory issues Hebrewhammer was having. I'll try simply removing the star system display, and then work towards the new layout from there.

BTW - could you look into my save 292? I posted it last Thursday, but it that 'Weird hang' topic.
As weird shit is my specialty :) - I have a surveyor ship in sector (69,69) - could you compare research level in that sector with adjacent sectors?
First I was only astonished that my ship couldn't survey anything and didn't notice the difference.
Ok, will look into it and let you know.

edit:
Weird... From what I can tell, the surveyor just arrived there, but it is already at 60%?
Such f***ed up shit could only happen in sector (69,69) :twisted:

Return to “Supremacy”