Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I got the patch downloaded, appreciate it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed the data display in the Intelligence screen.
Added the inhabitant race in the Colony screen (will try to make it prettier later).

Feedback is appreciated.

This patch does not have the OB upgrade fix (it should not happen in new games).
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

So far the fix has seemed to be good, I have however come across another issue that is soft locking the game. It pauses and gets stuck on resolving combat and I'm pretty sure its has to do with my alliance's with the klingons and cardassians which are both at war with each other.

Basically I'll get a combat window that had a romulan colony ship (which I'm at war with), and there is a klingon and cardassian colony ship in the same sector along with one of my star bases.

It feels like its getting stuck on resolving combat because the klingon and cardassian ship are on my side during the engagement because allies, however they are still both at war with each other so the computer gets stuck resolving the combat. However this is just a guess and it could be something completely unrelated.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 565.zip
(766.56 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I think you should be safe using the patch I just uploaded, as the OB upgrade issue shouldn't manifest anymore. Any new colonies that you might have subjugated should not have the issue.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I don't see a Romulan colony ship there. Regardless, the game hangs, I'll check it tomorrow. Thanks.
I'll need to fix the cause of this, the fact that they are at war while having a MD treaty with you.
And since there is no Romulan colony ship, the combat window shouldn't have been triggered - it should have been an AI vs AI "battle", and one that can't even be fought...
:???:
Attachments
hang.png
hang.png (103.47 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The changes you announced in the last patch look OK.
However I found following problem, quite similar to one reported some time ago:
Screenshot (08).jpg
Screenshot (08).jpg (647.69 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
My Open Border proposal was accepted 1-2 turns before an attack and a complete destruction of the Gorn by Dominium.
In addition, my envoy - Kim is not available, despite he has not reached Gorn before the destruction.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:36 pm My Open Border proposal was accepted 1-2 turns before an attack and a complete destruction of the Gorn by Dominium.
So, the issue is the SitRep is misleading :?:
(as in, it was dissolved because the Gorn were eliminated, it did not expire by having reached its time limit)

In addition, my envoy - Kim is not available, despite he has not reached Gorn before the destruction.
You mean that his mission was not cancelled while he was en route :?: Did you check if he was returning home?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

You mean that his mission was not cancelled while he was en route :?: Did you check if he was returning home?
As you can see Kim is still attached to the Gorn and I am not able to recall him - looks like MIA.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I can't see his status in the image, he could be returning home - his pic would still show in the envoy slot if he was.
What does the Assets screen say, in the Personnel tab? If he is MIA, it should say so there.
Did you try recalling him from there?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:36 pm My Open Border proposal was accepted 1-2 turns before an attack and a complete destruction of the Gorn by Dominium.
Do you have a savegame right before the Dominion eliminate the Gorn, so I can check?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It is a save 2-3 turns before the Gorn was eliminated, but I cannot open it with the last patch.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 386.zip
(713.23 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I think I have it fixed for the next patch, thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixes Warp Core Breach's issues with stranded fleets.

Hebrewhammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:09 pm So far the fix has seemed to be good, I have however come across another issue that is soft locking the game. It pauses and gets stuck on resolving combat and I'm pretty sure its has to do with my alliance's with the klingons and cardassians which are both at war with each other.
I haven't managed to fix this issue yet, but I'm going to upload a very dirty hack just for you, so you can advance this turn - and this turn alone!
So, play this turn, and then get rid of it and use the full patch I have just uploaded (25jan).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I really have to replace the skull and bones of eliminated civs with something a bit more... mature, I guess. Any ideas?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Just from the net:
Eliminated.png
Eliminated.png (49.16 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
16163808.jpg
16163808.jpg (246.91 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
I am not sure if there are copyrights here...

Return to “Supremacy”