Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:29 am I also added a claim to systems that are being terraformed, but it'll need to be tested.
There's a situation related to this that might need to be reviewed.

If I terraform a system inside another civ's territory (I cannot colonize it but I can terraform it), under this new change I'll get a claim on that system too, which will make it contested. So my question is:

Should I not get a claim *if* the system already has a claim :?:
(that is, terraforming can only claim unclaimed systems)

What about systems that are contested (have multiple claims) :?:

It just occurred to me that the primary deciding factor for simultaneous colonization ordes could be claim weight. Whoever has the strongest claim should have priority. On ties, then we take firepower or whatever into consideration.

--

Re cloak changes, there might be something wrong there... a single Rom cloaked scout 3 took out my 2 Fed scouts 3 and a heavy destroyer 2... :???:
Will need to check.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, definitely something wrong, cloaked ships are not being targeted :oops:
Will take the patch down and fix.
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:46 am Yes, the map editor is coming along nicely. There will eventually be a few more improvements, but Misfire is concentrating on the combat engine now.

Danijel is also working on some stuff. We're trying to get autobuild to work, but we've hit a roadblock...
Autobuild?
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:24 am
There's a situation related to this that might need to be reviewed.

If I terraform a system inside another civ's territory (I cannot colonize it but I can terraform it), under this new change I'll get a claim on that system too, which will make it contested. So my question is:

Should I not get a claim *if* the system already has a claim :?:
(that is, terraforming can only claim unclaimed systems)

What about systems that are contested (have multiple claims) :?:

It just occurred to me that the primary deciding factor for simultaneous colonization ordes could be claim weight. Whoever has the strongest claim should have priority. On ties, then we take firepower or whatever into consideration.

--

Re cloak changes, there might be something wrong there... a single Rom cloaked scout 3 took out my 2 Fed scouts 3 and a heavy destroyer 2... :???:
Will need to check.
If you do allow terraforming in a claimed system, it should take a hit to the regard/trust of the opposing factions. Would be *nice* if diplomacy could including ceeding systems/contested claims with the treaties etc, maybe difficult to program.

Also it would be nice if double clicking surveys/explored wormholes moved you to the other end instead of having to scroll, similar as when you click on an item in the summary and it takes you to the system/etc.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

TempestWales wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:55 pm Autobuild?
Yes, it is now working, thanks to Misfire!
You can now set individual colonies to be managed by the same colony management AI as the AI players.
Like Misfire already noticed, the colony management AI still needs a lot of work :wink: Having players give feedback should help improve it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:41 am Yep, definitely something wrong, cloaked ships are not being targeted :oops:
Will take the patch down and fix.
Fixed.
Only those cloaked ships that could not be detected were actually not being targeted at all (even after decloaking).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

TempestWales wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:05 pm If you do allow terraforming in a claimed system, it should take a hit to the regard/trust of the opposing factions.
Yes, that crossed my mind, but terraforming is also a tool to increase diplomatic relations - this would be the opposite of that mechanic.
Besides, you cannot colonize such systems, only terraform them.

Would be *nice* if diplomacy could including ceeding systems/contested claims with the treaties etc, maybe difficult to program.
Yep, it's in the ToDo list. :up:

Also it would be nice if double clicking surveys/explored wormholes moved you to the other end instead of having to scroll, similar as when you click on an item in the summary and it takes you to the system/etc.
Yes, that would be nice.
Though it would be an exception (as in, different behavior) for double-clicking on a sector (which centers on that sector).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:29 pm You can now set individual colonies to be managed by the same colony management AI as the AI players.
Added status to Colonies tab.
Attachments
AutoBuild.png
AutoBuild.png (350.02 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Just downloaded the newest patch and started a fresh game, during the processing of the turn it hangs up on resolving combat.
.autosav.zip
(470.73 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I can't reproduce with this autosave.
But yes, the previous patch had a problem in combat. I had uploaded a new one, but there was also a problem with cloaked ships. I'll upload it again, temporarily, and tomorrow I'll upload a new patch with some new goodies.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:39 pm
TempestWales wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:05 pm If you do allow terraforming in a claimed system, it should take a hit to the regard/trust of the opposing factions.
Yes, that crossed my mind, but terraforming is also a tool to increase diplomatic relations - this would be the opposite of that mechanic.
For now I'll add a claim only to systems that have no claims.

We could probably make it so that terraforming a claimed system would incur in a diplo penalty if the claimer is an empire, and a diplo bonus if it is a minor civ.
This would keep the diplo bonus tool for minors (you're helping them), and have each empire terraform their own territory (you would be provoking them).
What do you guys think :?:
Anyone has a better idea, or disagrees with this :?:

And if you guys agree, should this also apply to systems that have already been colonized (by an empire ofc) :?:
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

IE. you terraform another empire system and gain bonus, prolly less than with minors? all 3 sound good

Can you implement star distance maybe to 2nd?
So if you terraform, not close to border of other empire, it wouldn't trigger incidents between empires,..like "neutral" zone +1/2 sectors
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I don't understand what you mean by distance to 2nd. What's 2nd?

We're talking about uncolonized systems that are inside another civ's territory, so what do you mean by "not close to border of other empire"?
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

"and have each empire terraform their own territory (you would be provoking them)."
Maybe implement star distance, so if you terraform, not close to border of other empire, it wouldn't trigger incidents between empires,..
like "neutral zone" +1 or 2 sectors one each side of the border
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 am
Iceman wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:39 pm
For now I'll add a claim only to systems that have no claims.

We could probably make it so that terraforming a claimed system would incur in a diplo penalty if the claimer is an empire, and a diplo bonus if it is a minor civ.
This would keep the diplo bonus tool for minors (you're helping them), and have each empire terraform their own territory (you would be provoking them).
What do you guys think :?:
Anyone has a better idea, or disagrees with this :?:

And if you guys agree, should this also apply to systems that have already been colonized (by an empire ofc) :?:
I think that's balanced. You could always vary it depending on the Diplo status of the main Civ, IE if your allied to say the klingons, and you terraform a planet in their territory (Still cant colonise), or a klingon colonised system, you get a diplo bonus similar to minor civs when you have an open border treaty.

Return to “Supremacy”