Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:27 pm Also in this same saved game I get to an unhandled exception during the turn phase that freezes the game. This is with the June 9th patch and a clean start, these issues may already be resolved for the next patch but I figured i would post them.
New patch.
Fixed this issue properly.
Some more tweaks to AI diplomacy.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New Patch(es).
TempestWales wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:33 pm
Iceman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 am We could probably make it so that terraforming a claimed system would incur in a diplo penalty if the claimer is an empire, and a diplo bonus if it is a minor civ.
This would keep the diplo bonus tool for minors (you're helping them), and have each empire terraform their own territory (you would be provoking them).
What do you guys think :?:
Anyone has a better idea, or disagrees with this :?:

And if you guys agree, should this also apply to systems that have already been colonized (by an empire ofc) :?:
I think that's balanced. You could always vary it depending on the Diplo status of the main Civ, IE if your allied to say the klingons, and you terraform a planet in their territory (Still cant colonise), or a klingon colonised system, you get a diplo bonus similar to minor civs when you have an open border treaty.
Terraforming in the territory of another empire with which you do not have Open Borders or better will now have a penalty.

TempestWales wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:05 pm Also it would be nice if double clicking surveys/explored wormholes moved you to the other end instead of having to scroll, similar as when you click on an item in the summary and it takes you to the system/etc.
Done. Pressing ALT and double-clicking on a surveyed stable wormhole will center on the other endpoint's sector.

Also, now breaking any agreement should produce a penalty to relations.

The reason for there being 2 patches is that, the one marked CedeTEST adds working Offer/Request Cede Territory - BUT, it breaks savegames!

So, if you want to continue an ongoing game, use the "regular" patch. If you want to test the new feature, use the CedeTEST version. There are no other differences between them.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patches.
Double-clicking diplo SitReps will take you to the diplo screen's relevant area.
Pressing ALT and double-clicking on a surveyed stable wormhole will also select that sector.
Offer/Request Cede Territories now have an impact on accepting/rejecting a proposal, dependent on the number of sectors that are transfered. Threaten Raid and Threaten Embargo also have an effect now. Placeholder values, needs testing and feedback.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I suppose non-CedeTest pach is not fully compatible with former saves, because I made 3 membership proposals and got no single answer or rejection.
In addition I got following error, but it is not repeatable:
Error 20220624.txt
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
So time for a new game.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Should be. Can you check with which patch it became incompatible please?

Found the cause of the crash. Will fix.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It was Jun23 patch (no CedeTest).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:10 am I made 3 membership proposals and got no single answer or rejection.
In addition I got following error, but it is not repeatable:
Error 20220624.txt
Uploaded new patches.
Please check if it fixes both of these issues.

In this patch, Status in the diplo screen is color-coded, really nice (though that dark blue for Affiliation kind of bugs me). Please check if there are any issues.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey guys. Just so you don't think that we are slacking, :mrgreen:
Misfire has implemented a minimap :up:
I've been trying to get the AI to handle their combat fleets a bit better; for now it only creates a defense fleet (size increasing as the game develops), which at least decreases the size of the stacks of doom a bit. I'm also testing a few changes to the colonizer fleet AI, trying to close some holes (sniping, dangerous zones, potential merry-go-rounds) to make it more challenging.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch. This is the previously named _CedeTEST line of patches, which is now the default; the other version is no longer updated.

Tell us what you think about the current implementation of the minimap, as an expander. It takes up some space in the expander area, though it can be collapsed (like any other expander). Any ideas on how to improve it are welcome - including moving it somewhere else. Misfire will be working on making it clickable (to center the map on where it was clicked).
If you find any issues with it, please report.

Feedback on AI fleets is also appreciated.
The empire AIs should now build a defense fleet and an attack fleet in their systems. For now it just builds one attack fleet, let's see how that goes.
The AIs should not colonize near Borg colonies, or colonies of civs they're at war with. Might cause some weird cases.

The AI will also value more sectors with habitable systems in Cede Territory offers/requests.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have tested 3 times the dispute territory cession, in cease fire, affiliation and (of course :wink: ) membership proposals. Everything looked OK (patch 24Jun_CedeTest).
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

geordie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:45 pm I have tested 3 times the dispute territory cession, in cease fire, affiliation and (of course :wink: ) membership proposals. Everything looked OK (patch 24Jun_CedeTest).
Good to hear. Some more changes coming soon:
-Offer/Request map data will be functional in the next build. If anyone has any suggestions on better verbiage for the messages... It's pretty bla at the moment.
-Navigation from clicking the minimap functional. Stars added to minimap.
-Started putting the structure in place for different options/strategies for autobuild. Added a new tab to the system screen, nothing is visible there yet though.
-A few other improvements to the diplomacy screen.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Could you move the minimap up, and place it just between 'Turn' and 'Summary' buttons?
First - I think that option deserve it :)
Second - It happened to me several times to click Turn instead of Summary in a hurry, of course due to my clumsiness.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Besides what Misfire already said, effects for offer/request resources were tweaked, and terraforming uncolonized systems in another civ's territory with which you do not have Open Borders or better now affects relations negatively.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:21 am Could you move the minimap up, and place it just between 'Turn' and 'Summary' buttons?
First - I think that option deserve it :)
Second - It happened to me several times to click Turn instead of Summary in a hurry, of course due to my clumsiness.
You can use the F7 key instead of the Summary button :wink:

An alternative could be to move the Summary button to the "empty" area in the upper bar, to the left of the diplomacy status indicators. Or the Turn button, since some other screens also have the Summary button in the upper left, and consistency is your friend.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

May I ask to get a link redirecting to a related system in case of events like in the first line of the sitrep (and other similar ones)
Screenshot (26).jpg
Screenshot (26).jpg (912.82 KiB) Viewed 1421 times

Return to “Supremacy”