Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:51 am
Iceman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:52 am make sure you have v3.1 installed, not 4.0
As I see I have both, XNA 3.1 and 4.0 installed. Is it a problem?
I'm not sure, but probably not. You don't need 4.0, but you do need 3.1.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

nightman1701 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:03 am I found the problem and it was what you said, an issue with my Nvidia Graphics Driver. I updated my drivers and it started working fine for a while. I got the bellow error when I tried to build a ship.

I apologize for this not being in the right thread. It is with the CE Preview.

Thanks for your help.
Are you still having this issue?
Can you explain exactly what happens? You can play just fine but once you click on the shipyard button to build a ship, the game crashes? Is that it?
If so, does it happen from game start, or only after some turns (like you mentioned before)? Have you ever managed to build a ship?
It seems gfx related, XNA or not.

If you are still experiencing the problem, try renaming the Models folder. The game won't crash if it doesn't find a ship model, so this might help - you won't see the 3d models of ships in the shipyard, but you should be able to build the ships. Unless it's another issue, of course.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

This tile I have a met a repeatable error in CE game, but it was not combat related, so I post it here.
Error CE 20230305.txt
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 230.zip
(686.09 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
This time 'huge' means a standard huge galaxy :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I reported that crash to Misfire a couple of days ago. He already fixed it, but is looking for other similar issues.
We should have a new patch soon.
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Iceman wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:58 pm
nightman1701 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:03 am I found the problem and it was what you said, an issue with my Nvidia Graphics Driver. I updated my drivers and it started working fine for a while. I got the bellow error when I tried to build a ship.

I apologize for this not being in the right thread. It is with the CE Preview.

Thanks for your help.
Are you still having this issue?
Can you explain exactly what happens? You can play just fine but once you click on the shipyard button to build a ship, the game crashes? Is that it?
If so, does it happen from game start, or only after some turns (like you mentioned before)? Have you ever managed to build a ship?
It seems gfx related, XNA or not.

If you are still experiencing the problem, try renaming the Models folder. The game won't crash if it doesn't find a ship model, so this might help - you won't see the 3d models of ships in the shipyard, but you should be able to build the ships. Unless it's another issue, of course.
Sorry for the late response. I have been working long shifts the past week.

This is what I'm noticing when I play.

The planets in the system have no detail to them. They are solid colors. I can tell they are rotating because they will flash and I can see a grid shape at the edges of them. This was temporarily fixed when my graphics driver was updated but then when the game crashed it reverted back.

I have been able to build a lot of ships. The game is just crashing at random when I build a ship. It seems to be if I play a few turns and then try to build it crashes. It doesn't mater what type of ship it is. If I go and load the game either from a saved game or the auto save after it crashes, it will let me build the same ship or any other ship with no issues. I can't pinpoint when it will happen.

When I go into combat and the Combat Engine launches, there is a long delay and then the combat engine launches in a small window at the top left of my screen. It is a pretty small window that I have trouble getting the cursor to click on anything. I will have to try and take a screenshot the next time it happens so you can see.

I hope some of this helps. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me with this.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you check the log files and see if there's any error report? If so, can you post them here please?
They're in the \Logs folder, and should be Error.txt and Log.txt.

Are you sure you have XNA 3.1?
Have you tried disaling the \Models folder?

The CE issue seems to be related to resolution. Maybe Misfire can look into that.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Recently I am experiencing series of out of memory errors and all of them are related to a 'regard event'. Fortunately the errors appear usually just after autosave.
Log 20230307.txt
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Anyone else experiencing these crashes :?:
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Iceman wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:29 am Can you check the log files and see if there's any error report? If so, can you post them here please?
They're in the \Logs folder, and should be Error.txt and Log.txt.

Are you sure you have XNA 3.1?
Have you tried disaling the \Models folder?

The CE issue seems to be related to resolution. Maybe Misfire can look into that.
Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. I have been working a lot.

I am using XNA 3.1

I have not tried disabling the \Models Folder. If you need me to do that please let me know how.

I got the visuals back by reinstalling my graphics driver. However there was significant delay when I would select the system drop down menu or right click the mouse to pull up the menus. It did not occur in the beginning but a couple minutes into playing. Then when I went to select the shipyard the game crashed with an error.

I'm attaching the log and error reports.
Attachments
Log.txt
(5.31 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Error.txt
(693 Bytes) Downloaded 65 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

nightman1701 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:59 pm I have not tried disabling the \Models Folder. If you need me to do that please let me know how.
Only if the issue is related to the models, which I'm not sure/convinced it is.
It seems to be related to your system.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Just try renaming the Models folder to something else.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have got desired but unexpected result from the final combat against the Borg at Unimatrix 01.
Did anything change it the combat resolution? I had 82 ships, all decloaked, but too lose only one? The combat lasted 2 turns.
Screenshot (1).jpg
Screenshot (1).jpg (768.75 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Iceman wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:30 pm
nightman1701 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:59 pm I have not tried disabling the \Models Folder. If you need me to do that please let me know how.
Only if the issue is related to the models, which I'm not sure/convinced it is.
It seems to be related to your system.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Just try renaming the Models folder to something else.
I disabled the Models folder and started playing and after a few turns it crashed again. I started having the delays in the menu opening up. I went to click on the shipyard and I got the error. I'm attaching those files here.

I have a new computer. I don't get why it's giving me so many problems to play.
Attachments
Log.txt
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Error.txt
(18.27 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:39 pm I have got desired but unexpected result from the final combat against the Borg at Unimatrix 01.
Did anything change it the combat resolution? I had 82 ships, all decloaked, but too lose only one? The combat lasted 2 turns.
Nope, I don't think so. But I'll check.
Do you have a savegame that I can analyze?
I want to check how many ships they have, and if we have to increase fleet support (min base value and/or increase rate per turn). I'll probably make it depend on AIMode (keeping current values for Normal, and increasing for Hard+).
We should probably also make starting XP level for Borg ships depend on AIMode too (again, keeping current values for Normal, and increasing for Hard+). All the Borg ships in that battle are Green, which greatly decreases the relevance of their high combat stats. Especially in 10:1 battles; their ships should probably also be able to engage multiple targets at once.
The combat log should have some information on what happened exactly.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Here is the save. I have decloaked all ships before my attack.
SP Romulans Huge Irregular 358.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Did the Borg have any other colonies and any more ships at some point :?:

I'll look into some long standing changes to combat.

Return to “Supremacy”