Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Just to let you know, that the "At War" status is shown one turn before the message
Screenshot 2023-05-31 121747.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-31 121747.jpg (814.51 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Screenshot 2023-05-31 122019.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-31 122019.jpg (546.32 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

My guess is that it is related to how the AI's turn is processed, some SitReps have to be delayed to the following turn. This one should not be one of them, I'll check it. Thanks!

edit: should be fixed now.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:18 pma bit more on the offense now.
No offensive material here! Haven't you read the forum rules? :wink: :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:14 pm
Iceman wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:18 pma bit more on the offense now.
No offensive material here! Haven't you read the forum rules? :wink: :wink:
I can confirm the last patch was somehow successful in breaching the forum rules!
The AI actions against my fleets and systems are more offensive now. :twisted:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ssshhh, don't let thunderchero hear you, or he'll shut us down.

Good to hear though :up:
The code still needs some work though, feedback is appreciated.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Some recent findings:
- If I move the horizontal bar on the main map the white frame window on the minimap is moving as well, however it does not happen if I move the vertical bar.
- the coordinates of opponent race capital are hidden up to visiting it by my fleet or my envoy. A link to the capital is also blocked in the diplomacy screen. But it is not blocked in the intelligence screen/empire status screen.
And something from the Borg game:
- I think it is pointless that the Borg fleet attacks colony ships.
- And something more serious: the Borg fleet can assimilate a system if has enough nanoprobes. But if I chose the assimilation option and after that redeploy some ships from the assimilation fleet, the assimilation is still successful.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Mostly fixes and improvements to the AI and diplomacy.
Thanks again geordie for the savegame, it helped a lot finding and tracking down a few issues :up:

- AI non-combat ships will not go to a colony with an academy to train the crew
- fixed an issue in AI (not) terraforming (some) minor homesystems
- catastrophic random events now do not affect the Collective's unwavering morale
- the calculation of a system's colonization value now takes into account the civ's current resource stockpiles, so that in case of a shortage, they'll somewhat prioritize systems with those resources
- filtered out factions that have no colonies from the civ list in the diplo screen; Dominion factions should now use the J'H pic
- fixed an issue with the Dominion's race
- fixed desynch between AI WarDecs and respective SitReps (there might be more cases)
- WarDecs are now not allowed if a cease-fire is in effect; break agreement is required (with attached penalty)
- fixed an issue with sector claims
- diplomatic contact is disabled for some turns after breaking an agreement
- the break agreement modifier for offer/request credits/resources now depends on turns remaining in the agreement
- minor civs might offer to become members of an empire if their homesystem is mostly within that empire's territory
- The OK button in the shipbuilding screen (#6 here) is now always active (needs to be fixed properly)

Still a lot to do here.
Feedback appreciated.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:49 am - If I move the horizontal bar on the main map the white frame window on the minimap is moving as well, however it does not happen if I move the vertical bar.
Will look into that, thanks!

- the coordinates of opponent race capital are hidden up to visiting it by my fleet or my envoy. A link to the capital is also blocked in the diplomacy screen. But it is not blocked in the intelligence screen/empire status screen.
Yeah, that screen is (still) kind of a cheat. But I'll see about disabling the link.
Should homesystems always be disclosed upon first contact :?: What do you guys think :?:

And something from the Borg game:
- I think it is pointless that the Borg fleet attacks colony ships.
Yes, in a way it's counterproductive :twisted:
At some point they'll probably assimilate those ships instead of destroying them.

- And something more serious: the Borg fleet can assimilate a system if has enough nanoprobes. But if I chose the assimilation option and after that redeploy some ships from the assimilation fleet, the assimilation is still successful.
:shock:
I'll check that, thanks!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

If you need a test save for the last point, my fleet perfect for that is in the Cole's Star system (36,51)
SP Borg Huge Irregular 889.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Should homesystems always be disclosed upon first contact :?: What do you guys think :?:
For me, because of the fog of war, it should be hidden. The envoy option is enough.

BTW - please make the envoys using wormholes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:22 am If you need a test save for the last point, my fleet perfect for that is in the Cole's Star system (36,51)
SP Borg Huge Irregular 889.zip
Thanks, I checked the code and you're right :wink:
But I'll definitely check out the savegame, I always find some very interesting stuff to fix and improve :up:

geordie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:26 am
For me, because of the fog of war, it should be hidden. The envoy option is enough.
Well, does it make sense to be able to send envoys if the capital is not explored :?:

BTW - please make the envoys using wormholes.
I'll see what I can do.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have checked again and if I chose a fleet or ship, the white frame moves on the minimap. Without a fleet it sometimes moves, sometimes not. I have not found a pattern yet.

But another thing would be useful, especially on big maps. If I chose a fleet and try to more it further, like using a wormhole, after clicking on the minimap I lose the focus of the fleet, so I have to move bars on the main map to get it where I want.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'll check these too, thanks.
geordie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:13 am If I chose a fleet and try to more it further, like using a wormhole, after clicking on the minimap I lose the focus of the fleet, so I have to move bars on the main map to get it where I want.
Not sure if that's what you want, but if you keep the fleet selected, and then press the ALT key and double-click on the Wormhole, the screen will center on / move to the *endpoint* of the Wormhole (provided it is a stable WH ofc). No need to use the minimap for that.
But I'll check that too.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

No, I meant that clicking the minimap was breaking the fleet selection. Sorry I added that wormhole example.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

One more detail:
Screenshot 2023-06-11 212605.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-11 212605.jpg (743.4 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
First message is unnecessary.

Return to “Supremacy”