Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Angosians couldn't build their troop transports, of course even after constructed their Supersoldier Academy.
Fixed.

Re your other issue:
There is a newer built, but as I saw a morale error for the first time, maybe it is worth reporting
Did you by any chance eliminate the Romulans in that (previous) game / when this happened ?
They had only 5 colonies left in that save you posted.
If so, I would like to continue that game to see if the fix works.

The problem is that the growth is below 0.5 pop (because pop level is so low), so there's no effective growth... this was a change I made recently, growth was always at least 1 pop.
Added some code to alleviate this situation.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

But it was my last Mar28 game. I tried it in Mar31 build and it almost worked but after first turn all the fog of war disappeared = I could see all the stars localization in the galaxy, but of course without any details.
I got that last error after assaulting last two colonies and of course both rebelled. I had to declare the war again and in that end of turn the error appeared.
I suppose I can continue if you share a corrected save.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I meant *I* wanted to continue with your game. Which I did last night, and I confirmed that the issue is fixed. :wink:

I also fixed a bunch of other stuff, namely some of what you just reported: colonies will not rebel for the next 2 turns (they shouldn't have been able to rebel in the same turn, but there was a bug), and the AtWar status will be resumed (their Regard towards you should not have been so high, will have to investigate why...).
[BTW, "building" an Unrest Order will prevent rebellions while it is in effect]

I also added a couple more restrictions for rebellions, they were not making much sense: they can only trigger if population > 2 * garrison, and if there is no station in the sector.
I guess I could add a modifier to the rebellion roll based on any owned combat ships in orbit :?:

One thing I need to add is a SitRep when the civ is completely subjugated (but not necessarily eliminated).

Your savegame was really helpful :up:

Now, this:
I tried it in Mar31 build and it almost worked but after first turn all the fog of war disappeared = I could see all the stars localization in the galaxy, but of course without any details.
Weird. Savegames are not compatible because of some changes to bonuses I made. I still need to make some more changes in that department...

--

I also tweaked bombardment damage: was decreased for garrisons and increased for civilian population.

I'm currently adding a Trade Route income decay with distance; it was kind of silly IMO to have a TR crossing an entire quadrant netting you full income. Now there's a max "length" for a TR to have no decay, and beyond that length the income decays at a rate of 10% per sector in excess. A closer but less populated system might actually be more lucrative. I will have to show that in the Economic overview mode of the starmap though, will do something similar to ship range.

edit:
Max length increases with your Propulsion tech level - there was discussion about making it useful outside of combat the other day, and this particular implementation was something I wanted to do for some time.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It looks that I have an unexpexted talent for creation of weird game situations. Anyway I believe it is what you expect :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, it is. :up:

There's a lot of stuff that will only be truly tested in MP games. Especially in regards to eliminating/subjugating other empires, and its effects. I'm sure there will be more stuff to fix.

BTW, I've fixed the civ eliminated SitRep not showing for subjugation; it's the same as for the civ being completely wiped out, might create a new one at some point.

I'm currently trying to get the ExternalAffairs buildings to increase relations with other civs. Damn diplomacy code is weird though...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, ExternalAffairs bonuses are working now, increasing your relations with other races - that's yet another way for this (besides envoys, bribes, etc).
AFAICT now the only bonus not yet working is JammingRange.

Fixed a couple of bugs in combat with cloaked ships, namely targeting and defensive weapons firing on cloaked ships.
Cloaked ships now start combat with their shields down.
Will tweak a few more things with cloaking.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi, I am playing Mar31 game and I noticed that autosaves are not created every turn. I got a crash and the last autosave was half an hour old. It has happened two times already, so it is not accidental. Or maybe is it somehow parametrized now?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There were no changes to autosave.
I monitored it for a coupe dozen turns and saw no issues. Anyone else seeing this?

Do you have a log for the crash?

--

Finally addressed the issue with morale from events being applied immediately when triggered (instead of all at the same time, at the end of the turn).
Needs to be tested more thoroughly though.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The first one I noticed was really strange, because I had to use more than 5 turns old autosave. The second one was only one turn too old.
My last errors were out of memory related:
Error 20200412.txt
(14.89 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Error 20200415.txt
(512.68 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
I had one more but Windowns related. All are from Mar31 game.
It seems that errors occur when game is more complex, becasue I had no error in first 200 turns.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

These are the same issues you had a month ago (creating meshes for 3D planets). It's strange that no one else is reporting them.

The autosave not being created is probably due to the OoM exception.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Here is a confirmation that - at least in my installation - the autosaves are not always created:
Print screen (8).jpg
Print screen (8).jpg (319.52 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
The autosave is from turn 268. There was a crash after 272, again out of memory one.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It is the one just before last autosave. I have all saves listed on the print screen.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 267.zip
(666.56 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
I supppose it could be an error not causing crash, but stopping autosaves.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Must be something on your end, as I've just taken your savegame through to turn 275 and had no crashes. And the autosave was created in each and every turn.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK.
Another detail - garrisons sometimes are still not growing. Please check one of my first colonies Beta Cook.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Some time ago I asked you to add number of people to the Labour Pool line. I thought about someting similar to the attached picture
Print screen (9).jpg
Print screen (9).jpg (412.78 KiB) Viewed 3944 times

Return to “Supremacy”