Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

I was about to write, that imo an allocation logic is not too much help, since it's just about the (new) unused pop.

But it seems you have already altered that a bit. Cool. =)
Should I change it back? I have mixed feelings about this.
It only allocates unemployed population, using the same logic that the AI does. It does not manage your pop allocation in any other fashion. That's the player's job.

I really like the rest, too. A pause between diplomatic contacts is nice so you have to think careful about you official offers.
Yep, that's the goal.

The display for survey was also a (minor) thing that was bugging me.
It was really hard knowing what you had already surveyed, at some point. Now you only need to check the science ability of your current science ship and compare it against the survey level of each anomaly.

The PF penalties are a nice challenge. How does the pollution work?
Can't recall :wink: It modifies a colony's health level, which in turn (IIRC) affects growth rate. But I'm not sure if that's so or not, this feature is still very much undeveloped. That's one of the things on hold, as it has a low priority. It should be made to affect whatever population health affects, like size of Food Reserves, population growth, etc.
Malioc
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Malioc »

Iceman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 amShould I change it back? I have mixed feelings about this.
It only allocates unemployed population, using the same logic that the AI does. It does not manage your pop allocation in any other fashion. That's the player's job.
I think, it's good. Checking each round for new unemployed pop is annoying MM. And it makes sense, that new pop directly start in a job.

It was really hard knowing what you had already surveyed, at some point. Now you only need to check the science ability of your current science ship and compare it against the survey level of each anomaly.
Exactly. =)

Can't recall :wink: It modifies a colony's health level, which in turn (IIRC) affects growth rate. But I'm not sure if that's so or not, this feature is still very much undeveloped. That's one of the things on hold, as it has a low priority. It should be made to affect whatever population health affects, like size of Food Reserves, population growth, etc.
Noted.
Than it's especially nice, that we get started. =)
Malioc
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Malioc »

I'd also make plagues more frequent. The worse health, the more often in happening and the bigger the effect.

Btw: The "Quickening" could be part of the Dominion tech tree. Similar to the bio weapons.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Took down the patch and re-uploaded, and it was crashing the game when building a station.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The patch also made a few changes to the Dominion buildings, for testing. Not complete yet, but feedback would be welcome.

The next patch will have TC4 and TC5 minors start with some planets in their homesystem already terraformed (Ideal planets for both, Comfortable planets for TC5). I'm going over their starting conditions to adapt to that.

I've also made raiding only affect the raider and the raided civ. And the Plague event only affect colonies with low health.
Ooiue
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Ooiue »

Hello,

So I've downloaded the most recent version (21st May I assume? also grabbed the mini-patch since then too) and I like how far it's come since I saw it like 10 years ago, so good job :D

A few problems have occurred for me though.

For instance, my research doesn't progress from turn to turn (still at 0% even with 4 pops into University on homeworld) and it's Turn 26 and still nothing. I've tried focusing on one research and distributing it to default all at the same time, but no progress. I've tried searching for people reporting similar issues but nothing. Am I missing something or is it supposed to be like that? I was playing as Federation on Huge Galaxy with Normal research rate.

Also, whatever sound setting I turn my SFX too, the Right-Click Menu always stays the same fairly loudish volume (even on mute). Some janky music playing between screens but tbh it's not really a problem, it's just something I've noticed.

Finally, the Save Game button is often greyed out for me, but occassionally allows me to save a game lol

I haven't really gotten too far into the game yet but I like way a lot of things are done :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Ooiue, glad you're back to Supremacy!

Re issue #1, what Starting Level did you choose? You're probably playing on Advanced or Supreme, where the RPs needed are way too many for a single colony to make a difference?

Re issue #2, see here.

Re issue #3, see here.

I haven't really gotten too far into the game yet but I like way a lot of things are done
Cool :up:
Ooiue
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Ooiue »

Iceman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:21 pm Hey Ooiue, glad you're back to Supremacy!

Re issue #1, what Starting Level did you choose? You're probably playing on Advanced or Supreme, where the RPs needed are way too many for a single colony to make a difference?:

I started on Early Tech Level because I wanted to see what it was like from the beginning but I got no research points. I mean, I still only had Sol itself and it was terraforming nearby systems but I wanted to see if there was something wrong because it wasn't progressing and was stuck at 0%.

I've got a couple of images to display my settings and what it happening. It's Turn 26 and I still have only got Sol

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You are absolutely correct!
Will fix asap and re-upload. I'll take the current patch down first.
Too many changes in a short period of time, with not enough testing... I need to take it down a notch.
Thanks for the report!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
Could you check the attached save? Cardassia looks strange for me. I can understand 18 shields, but after troops landing I found 254!!! intel units.
It is my old game with last patch.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 367.zip
(663.13 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks geordie, will check it out now.

edit:
The 18 strength shield in Cardassia is probably due to you using a patch that wasn't compatible (data-wise) with the version of the game you started with - some bonus that got added or removed that made the rest shift? The system doesn't have a single Planetary Shield built, and the AI doesn't build them yet. There are 3 or 4 other Card systems that also have 12 or 18 shield strength.

I don't see 254 intel units in Cardassia. There's 4 Type 5 Intelligence Offices, is that what you're referring to?
Or are you refering to Rosette Nebula, where your TTs are? Since your save is from the turn that you subjugated that colony, and all Intel PFs are automatically destroyed on subjugation, I can't verify this part.
Ooiue
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Ooiue »

Iceman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:00 pm You are absolutely correct!
Will fix asap and re-upload. I'll take the current patch down first.
Too many changes in a short period of time, with not enough testing... I need to take it down a notch.
Thanks for the report!
No prob :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Also fixed a bug in AI WarDecs, and a missing change in intel production in member/subjugated systems (dependency on TC).
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

This time I was not lying...
Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (2).jpg (256.01 KiB) Viewed 4294 times
Probably another patch compatibility issue
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's odd. It was set to the max number of PFs IIRC, for some reason.
You're playing 20200331 with the 17may patch, right? You didn't upgrade to a patch for 20200521, as they're not compatible?

Return to “Supremacy”