Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

I was actually thinking of something like the one on the bottom, but just the central, red part.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I got the file thanks for the hack.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I noticed something strange..., unless it is justified by my AI Mode or something else.
My scouts III don't scan the space properly. I got some attacks on my systems not seeing coming feels, but my oponent is Dominium, so has no cloaked ships. Last turn I lost 13 troop ships sent in a save, unarmed system, having a scout III 2 sectors beside, but... there was a fleet of 10+ ships and an outpost. Last save, but just after that loss is attached:
SP Federation Huge Irregular 477.zip
(712.56 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
The troop ships are reported in last sitrep as lost in the Murzim system, but it was in the Vela system (sector 53,63)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:42 pm I noticed something strange..., unless it is justified by my AI Mode or something else.
My scouts III don't scan the space properly. I got some attacks on my systems not seeing coming feels, but my oponent is Dominium, so has no cloaked ships. Last turn I lost 13 troop ships sent in a save, unarmed system, having a scout III 2 sectors beside, but... there was a fleet of 10+ ships and an outpost. Last save, but just after that loss is attached:
SP Federation Huge Irregular 477.zip
The troop ships are reported in last sitrep as lost in the Murzim system, but it was in the Vela system (sector 53,63)
Well, your scouts are useless there because of the Quasar right next to Vela. Scan strength there is -2, so you won't be able to see anything in that sector. No bug there.

As for the SitRep location, I can't check that because that battle already happened in that save. Was the assault force entirely annihilated, or did some ships manage to retreat? I see you sent 2 fleets of TTs to Vela, and there are 2 fleets of TTs at Murzim. All fleets at Murzim are undamaged though.
The SitRep might be using the location of the fleet instead of the location of the battle, I'll have to check.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK. Clear.
The rest of TTS at Murzim have just escaped from Vela. Looks that the SitRep was aslo affeced by that quasar. :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:lol:

That SitRep, I'll need to do something about it. It's silly to get one SitRep per ship destroyed; it might get rather unwieldy.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I was wondering when you do fix the issue with multiple alliances with warring races, it will also be a good idea to make it so I can reject treaties. I do not want to be drawn into a war because a faction proposed an alliance that i was unable to reject and now I have to break it and propose a cease fire to their enemies. Just a thought, unless I missed something in the diplomacy window.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, that situation should not have happened, as the code for being able to propose treaties doesn't allow it. However, it did happen - most likely due to some missing check in war decs, that's the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe it was a war dec triggered by some other event (another civ's war dec, some treaty in effect, idk).

As for rejecting treaties, yes, that needs to be implemented. Maybe we will make that the priority now.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Seems I have come across a bug (possibly). As the Klingons I have started a war with the feds and I have a fleet in orbit of one of their planets (Potak), the problem is that there is an unknown fleet in orbit which is preventing me from assaulting the system and I cant engage the fleet as they are cloaked and unknown. It seems there might be a few of these fleets around the galaxy map.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 522.zip
(760.59 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Those are cloaked Romulan fleets. Your scan strength is not high enough to detect their ownership, only their presence.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Found the problem. The Romulans are also assaulting the system, and your assault is skipped over. The AI being much more active will uncover a few of these issues. Thanks for the report.

I'll need to take a deeper look at the code and improve a couple of things. It seems that the Roms got scared of all the OBs in the system, even though they chose it as a target...

New patch with the fixes.
I also replaced the skull and bones in the diplo screen with something more simple. Suggestions and contributions are welcome.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch, addressing a few of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Made tax returns the same for all major civs, in an attempt to squash some rumours that the mighty Klingon Empire is being favoured - certainly spread by some infiltrated Tal Shiar agent :twisted: Not sure if that was the cause, let's see how things pan out.

Increased shields for Borg warships a tad.

Made fleet support for the Borg increase with turn number, just a bit to see how it goes.

Increased the expansion period for all major civs, to see if it makes them compete a bit more with the human player.

Feedback is very welcome, so that we can make this a bit more fun.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Recently ran across my old BOTF disc and decided to look into what it would take to get running on a modern pc. I always loved the game despite some of it's annoyances. I ran across supremacy and decided to give that a try instead. I really like it and it's great your actively working on it. I did a lot of programming in C++ years ago, so I can appreciate the time/effort that goes into it. I'm going to keep playing and will let you know of any bugs or other comments along the way.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Misfire, welcome to Supremacy!
Yes, please, report anything you stumble upon, and any suggestions for improvement are also very welcome!
There are some areas where the game still needs a lot of work, so please don't be disappointed.
Glad to have you on board!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have got the same error twice. I have started the game with 01.25 patch and next added two newer ones.
Error 20220131.txt
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
It looked strange, because after a successful conquer of one system I got another assault screen of the same system and the error was after closing that repeated screen - and the second time was identical, but just a adding the last patch.

Return to “Supremacy”