Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Thx for the saves geordie!
I don't think the crashes are related to your bombardments, or the Borg. It really looks like a threading issue. I got a crash at turn 220 for OBs... This is probably the same issue as the minor race ships being spawned in your colonies, as reported by you or Iscaran.

Re your game, I see by turn 200 in a Huge galaxy you have already met all the other major civs. And boxed the Cards in. :twisted:
And you're at TL7. Are you playing Slow or Normal? How did you find the research rate?

Those Wormholes, they are very handy, right? :wink:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have got another crash report. This time iimediately after an encounter of a scount and a probe.
Error 20200207.txt
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Re my last game:
- A speed of the research is set as slow, but I significantly changed proportions of building in colonies towards science and also intel, because I met Cards quite early.
- The research rate is quite good, acceptable, but slow in the first phase of the game - sometimes nothing to build, only wait for the research completion.
- Feds seem to generate too much money - I was able to propose a bribe 3-5 k
- The real challenge is to meet Borg so territorial advanced and so early in the game - I had only heavy destroyers 1 and was trying to limit Borg expasion, all other ships were to slow
- the wormholes are always handy :), even those one sided
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:46 pm I have got another crash report. This time iimediately after an encounter of a scount and a probe.

Error 20200207.txt
It's still the index issue (OBs).

I've just uploaded a new patch. *If* it is indeed a threading issue, this patch should help/fix.
So I'd appreciate any feedback.

Other changes:
. changed Red Matter points awarded by Demon planets to only 1, regardless of size
- fixed Dominion default TRs in Links
- Embezzlement event only starts at turn 50
- increased agent lifespan for Slow

I also tweaked/fixed some homesystems:
- Andoria only had 50 pop, now Andros is also terraformed by default
- home planets of Anticans, Benzites, Brekkians, Ornarans, Horta will now always be correct, regardless of system composition; if anyone spots any other system where the initial terraformed planet is not the homeplanet, please LMK
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:00 pm Re my last game:
- A speed of the research is set as slow, but I significantly changed proportions of building in colonies towards science and also intel, because I met Cards quite early.
- The research rate is quite good, acceptable, but slow in the first phase of the game - sometimes nothing to build, only wait for the research completion.
So the early phase is good - since you're playing on Slow, it should be ok on Normal?
Until which tech level would you say that this early phase extends to? I mean, from which TL onwards do I need to tweak, in your opinion? (or, from which TL onwards it is good/acceptable for you at Slow)

Side question, should we change the modifiers from 0.5/1.0/2.0 to 0.75/1.0/1.5 ? So as to not there being such a large difference between the research rates (the agent related modifiers are 1.5 BTW)

- Feds seem to generate too much money - I was able to propose a bribe 3-5 k
Is that before or after you start getting minor races to join the Federation?
Should we lower taxes or trade route income or trade goods or Trade Centre %, or a combination? Taxes from minor races?

- The real challenge is to meet Borg so territorial advanced and so early in the game - I had only heavy destroyers 1 and was trying to limit Borg expasion, all other ships were to slow
I can increase their dormancy period. And/or decrease shipyard output.

- the wormholes are always handy :), even those one sided
Heh, as long as you don't lose your fleet in the unstable ones :wink:
But you had one landing right on the doorstep of the Borg, hence my comment.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Until which tech level would you say that this early phase extends to?
As I remember only waiting for TL2 was remarkably longer
Should we lower taxes or trade route income or trade goods or Trade Centre %, or a combination? Taxes from minor races?
Definitley tax %% or bonus modifiers for Feds(?). I was able to propose membership quite fast so given trade route lasted really short
I can increase their dormancy period. And/or decrease shipyard output.
I vote for dormancy period. Or placing Uni1 somewhere on the edge of their quadrant. Maybe only cubes should be the really really tough ships. Enterprice followed a sphere in "First Contact" and Voyager was quite effective against a diamond.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I actually already increased the dormancy period last night, after replying to you :wink:
I hadn't implemented the starting level modifier in the formula yet, it was still a commented ToDo; so in a huge galaxy - regardless of starting level - they would be released almost immediately. That should now only happen in Huge galaxies with Supreme starting level; Early should give you a 200 turn period to get ready for them. Unless someone happens to wake them up before that... :twisted:

Forcing Uni01 to spawn right on the upper right corner might throw a gal gen error, for lack of a suitable star system; especially in some galaxy types like elliptical. Even the current implementation, on the upper right quarter of the Delta Q, occasionally fails even in Irregular galaxies...

I'll put lowering the stats of spheres and diamonds on the ToDo list. Right next to adding colony ship III for the Klingons and Dominion.

Definitley tax %% or bonus modifiers for Feds(?). I was able to propose membership quite fast so given trade route lasted really short
Could this (having loads of credits) have to do with the fact that you're playing Slow, and (by your own words) having nothing to build - and so getting extra credits from trade goods?
Supremacy is using the same values and formulas as BotF, but the economy is essentially different. Adjustments will surely be needed.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Server stack trace:
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoProduction(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2209
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoTurn(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 317
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<DoTurnCore>b__0() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 639
at System.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass130.<>c__DisplayClass132.<ToAsync>b__12f()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<DoTurnCore>d__53.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 642

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<ProcessTurn>d__52.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 523

Exception rethrown at [2]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

----------------------------------------

Index must be within the bounds of the List.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 listIndex, T item, Boolean upgradeableLockAlreadyHeld) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 367
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.Add(T item) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 343
at Supremacy.Buildings.BuildingDesign.TrySpawn(MapLocation location, Civilization owner, TechObject& spawnedInstance) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Buildings\BuildingDesign.cs:line 255
at Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject.Finish() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:line 431
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<DoProduction>b__0(Civilization civ) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2134
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Something I've noticed is that you can only build orbitals if you don't have a build queue... um.. so say you queue up 5 power plants by spam-clicking instead of ctrl+click, got one, its in the 'under construction' slot, Orbitals still on the list. but then you add the 2nd power plant, putting it in the queue... and orbital battery disappears from the buildable list.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

@Sodbuster, thx for the report, I had already noticed that the "fix" didn't work, but wanted confirmation.
It's not a threading issue, it's an issue with a custom collection (IndexedCollection); it needs to be axed.
I've made minor races not build any Buildings (besides those they start with) to minimize the crashes, and will probably do the same for OBs. Not sure if I should do the same with PFs.

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:41 am Something I've noticed is that you can only build orbitals if you don't have a build queue... um.. so say you queue up 5 power plants by spam-clicking instead of ctrl+click, got one, its in the 'under construction' slot, Orbitals still on the list. but then you add the 2nd power plant, putting it in the queue... and orbital battery disappears from the buildable list.
Ok, found the issue, and will fix. Thanks!

I've finally addressed the survey issue. Now you will only be able to survey each stellar phenomena again (after the first time) with a science ship with a higher ScienceAbility value; the current values might need to be tweaked a bit, to compensate.
I'm also in the process of cleaning up the bonuses of Buildings, and fixed a smallish issue with (one of) the random colonization events.
Should be uploading a new patch soon.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch uploaded. Breaks savegame compatibility though.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
at Supremacy.Orbitals.BuildStationOrder.OnTurnEnding() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Orbitals\FleetOrders.cs:line 1360
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoPostTurnOperations(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2616
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoTurn(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 335
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<DoTurnCore>b__0() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 639
at System.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass130.<>c__DisplayClass132.<ToAsync>b__12f()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<DoTurnCore>d__53.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 642

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<ProcessTurn>d__52.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 523

Exception rethrown at [2]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

----------------------------------------
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Ah yes. Round 293 of Whack-a-bug. Iceman, you must have some incredible level of patience. ;)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Heh, this one is related to the survey changes I made. Will fix and re-upload.

I have to thank you guys for your patience too! :up:
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

You mean I'll have to take a break, oh the horror...we appreciate you fixing all our little complaints... thanks again

Return to “Supremacy”